ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

Help From Z4M Owers with Cruise Control and INPA

Hi there. I am toubleshooting my CC which is inop since I got the car. I found in INPA the page to test the switches and I am finding something strange

Can anyone with a Z4M equipped with a working CC and INPA check the following page to see what is the default status on your car?

AS you can see, in my case the car is defaulting to clutch switch on, and I don't know if this is the correct default state. the more strange thing is that even when I disconnect the switch from the harness the status does not change. I am trying this with the engine off and ignition on, I cannot start the car as I have the vanos solenoids off.

Name:  ClutchSwitchOn.PNG
Views: 257
Size:  25.5 KB

To go to this page you need to:

a) go to the engine DME module
b) press F6 to read status
c) Press F1 to read digital values
d) press f1 to check the switch state
c) press f3 and it will provide the following page

Name:  FGR-function-status.PNG
Views: 252
Size:  69.3 KB

The above page shows the status of conditions that may prevent the CC from working, either normal or abnormal. before resetting the page I had a "JA" value under the clutch switch value, and would not know if that was good or not.

BTW, I have a new sensor, but again, even with the new one the status defaults to ON
Appreciate 0