ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #67
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]

2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #68
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I like to figure out how to connect AE to factory DRL. It would be a perfect mod and more like factory installed.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #69
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
I like to figure out how to connect AE to factory DRL. It would be a perfect mod and more like factory installed.
Eric hooked yours up to ignition position 2 and up, correct? I just hooked up my wiring harness to interior light a couple of weeks ago to have the fade feature functional
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #70
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
Eric hooked yours up to ignition position 2 and up, correct? I just hooked up my wiring harness to interior light a couple of weeks ago to have the fade feature functional
Can you post the details?

My idea for factory DRL is to keep all wiring within the headlight.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #71
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I bought a wiring harness such as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMD-LED-CCFL...655afc&vxp=mtr

It's the exact same one that Umnitza (whom I call Umshitza) wants to charge more than double for
I refuse to give Umshitza my business due to EXTREMELY bad experiences long ago, so I ordered mine from the overseas seller for under $20 USD shipped.

Then a friend of mine helped me wire everything up. What Eric @ Tekarbon did was ground "locally", and so the only wires that you'll find in your engine bay (if he did your install the same way as he did mine) are the positive leads, going to the positive terminal, and also to the ECU box (ignition position 2+).
I think what my friend did on the driver side was...using the wiring harness's dual-throw switch and just tap into the same ignition source for power. Then, the other switch is run through the passenger side firewall. There's a small bunch of wires that goes into the glovebox compartment area. All I had to do was poke a tiny little hole in one of the rubber pieces at the firewall, and feed a wire into the glovebox compartment and tap into the footwell light. That way whenever the interior lights are on, your angel eyes will be on (if they're not already turned on by ignition position 2 and above)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #72
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep

Thanks. I'll look into this.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #73
liamduong
Enlisted Member
Rep