ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
RonnieJ
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4

Airbag fault code

Good morning all, I wave a 2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 60K miles and never been in a wreck and I was driving the other day and the airbag light came on. I have a BMW scan tool and scanned it and got a 93DB Control Unit Fault (Front Sensor Passenger Side Sensor Type Incorrect) I cleared it but it came back on after a couple engine starts. Any idea what this may be?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

The passenger seat sensor mats are notorious for going bad. There was an extended recall for them but I believe that has ended now.

There are differing opinions whether the airbag for the passenger seat would deploy in the event of an accident if a fault code is present or the air bag light is on
You can turn the passenger seat airbag of from the keypad on the inside passenger door jamb.

There are work arounds for the issue I believe but others will need to chime in.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
RonnieJ
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4

Thank you...and yes I will wait to see if others have gotten this fault code and what the remedy was.
Appreciate 0