ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2020, 08:11 PM   #89
jamesinaz
Second Lieutenant
395
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Lots of good points here and I "liked" your post even if I don't agree with everything 100% because it was well thought out and you explained your points well.

The point I disagree with: BLM agenda. I think in general you are right, there are people who take up the BLM banner and the feel like acting out and these people are disingenuous. However, I do think there are people who take up the banner for more genuine reasons. I cannot bring myself to judge them all by the actions of a few the same way I wouldn't want all of our men and women in LE who actually do have integrity and morality to be grouped with those that abused their authority.

Rioters? I disagree that it's spelled "butt holes", it's actually spelled "buttholes". But yes, they are buttholes.
I'm OK with disagreement. Perhaps the need for BLM still exists. Hard for me to say living as a white guy in an expensive pretty much white only environment. I'm not actually judging all the protesters by the few. I recognize there are many with good intentions and feel like they have legitimate complaints against the system. So long as they stay peaceful they made the list as the only good guys in this whole thing.

I do think it is time though for the good guys to stay home and not provide cover for the buttholes. The system is moving to punish the rogue cop already. They want justice that's what happens. If the majority of them are the good guys and they don't go out it will be easy for the police to stop the few bad guys.

Whatever. I don't have a fear of people of color. I grew up in Ferguson MO and have lived overseas where I was the minority. People are the same everywhere. Customs may differ but underneath we all just want security and a good life for the next generation.
Appreciate 3
jmg8858.50
rebekahb582.00

      06-02-2020, 08:15 PM   #90
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8859
Rep
9,918
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Lots of good points here and I "liked" your post even if I don't agree with everything 100% because it was well thought out and you explained your points well.

The point I disagree with: BLM agenda. I think in general you are right, there are people who take up the BLM banner and the feel like acting out and these people are disingenuous. However, I do think there are people who take up the banner for more genuine reasons. I cannot bring myself to judge them all by the actions of a few the same way I wouldn't want all of our men and women in LE who actually do have integrity and morality to be grouped with those that abused their authority.

Rioters? I disagree that it's spelled "butt holes", it's actually spelled "buttholes". But yes, they are buttholes.
I'm OK with disagreement. Perhaps the need for BLM still exists. Hard for me to say living as a white guy in an expensive pretty much white only environment. I'm not actually judging all the protesters by the few. I recognize there are many with good intentions and feel like they have legitimate complaints against the system. So long as they stay peaceful they made the list as the only good guys in this whole thing.

I do think it is time though for the good guys to stay home and not provide cover for the buttholes. The system is moving to punish the rogue cop already. They want justice that's what happens. If the majority of them are the good guys and they don't go out it will be easy for the police to stop the few bad guys.

Whatever. I don't have a fear of people of color. I grew up in Ferguson MO and have lived overseas where I was the minority. People are the same everywhere. Customs may differ but underneath we all just want security and a good life for the next generation.
Agreed. I think people need to go home. At least respect the curfew. Be heard, then go home. Let the police handle the rioters and looters. Stay out of the way not because you are scared but because you don't condone the bad elements of society taking advantage of a situation.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2020, 08:26 PM   #91
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
24518
Rep
9,995
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Logically yes, but the reason I brought up Trump's tweet is because you stated that you were



So either, our current POTUS did not know how our country worked in 2014

OR

We can also criticize "Washington" without being held up to a double standard.
I'm disappointed that you go through the mental gymnastics to even make this a point of contention. I stand by my statement because obviously you are not interested in a legitimate conversation.

Cheers-mk
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 09:41 PM   #92
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8859
Rep
9,918
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Logically yes, but the reason I brought up Trump's tweet is because you stated that you were



So either, our current POTUS did not know how our country worked in 2014

OR

We can also criticize "Washington" without being held up to a double standard.
I'm disappointed that you go through the mental gymnastics to even make this a point of contention. I stand by my statement because obviously you are not interested in a legitimate conversation.

Cheers-mk
I agreed with you didn't I? Then Trump was wrong in criticizing Washington for a state responsibility. Your words. It's a state responsibility.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #93
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8859
Rep
9,918
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Watching this video earlier today I couldn't help but feel disgusted at these fake liberals pretending to help for a photo op only to drive away. What trash:


__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 09:59 PM   #94
Eriphill
Major
2248
Rep
1,493
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Down by the sea

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 2
      06-02-2020, 10:23 PM   #95
rwheels
Lieutenant
1312
Rep
418
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: May 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Watching this video earlier today I couldn't help but feel disgusted at these fake liberals pretending to help for a photo op only to drive away. What trash:


She is very much a conservative; not at all liberal. Used to work for the Washington Examiner, a conservative news site, until she got fired for this stunt.
Appreciate 1
jmg8858.50

      06-02-2020, 10:31 PM   #96
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8859
Rep
9,918
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Watching this video earlier today I couldn't help but feel disgusted at these fake liberals pretending to help for a photo op only to drive away. What trash:


She is very much a conservative; not at all liberal. Used to work for the Washington Examiner, a conservative news site, until she got fired for this stunt.
Yeah I know. I was playing a little joke.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 10:54 PM   #97
rwheels
Lieutenant
1312
Rep
418
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: May 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Yeah I know. I was playing a little joke.
And do you know what trump's favorite bible verse is?

Appreciate 3
jmg8858.50
bmwv85.00
JMAC5150128.00

      06-02-2020, 11:12 PM   #98
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1546
Rep
1,915
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

^^
How dare you make Trump look like a fraud. His University helped millions more than any other University I will tell you!!
__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 3
jmg8858.50
rwheels1311.50
JMAC5150128.00

      06-03-2020, 02:02 AM   #99
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8859
Rep
9,918
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
"It is not Trump's fault that so many American cities are engulfed by riots. The Minneapolis Police Department has been under the control of Democratic mayors for decades. It's not Donald Trump's fault that roving gangs looted Manhattan last night — a city controlled by a Democratic mayor and machine, and a state governed by a Democrat. It's absurd to lay all the blame for this on Trump.

But whoever was in the White House at a time like this would have to lead. One of the reasons Trump can't lead is that he has been such a poor leader these past three years. He has power, but no authority"

This from the American Conservative.


https://www.theamericanconservative....he-presidency/

Basically, he's a poser.

"This is the act of a weak man who is left with nothing but to stand in front of a church flashing a Bible like a gang sign to get conservative Christians in line. It is pathetic. Today I see that he is going to visit a DC shrine to St. John Paul II — a purely political stunt. As a believing Christian, Trump's cynicism disgusts me viscerally."

Loyalty to Trump is misplaced to a man instead of to America.

Edit: apparently this shithead didn't even pray. He can't even fake pray to save face? The fuck kind of lazy bitch is this?!
Attached Images
 
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 2
vtown93.50
JMAC5150128.00

      06-03-2020, 02:35 AM   #100
bmwv
Second Lieutenant
85
Rep
202
Posts

Drives: 325i Manual, M2 LBB DCT
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Hi is not a poser. He is con man making theater for the idiots listening to him. Just like 90% of all he did starting with the so called muslim ban stranding people with green cards on the airports. Putting children in cages and losing track of their parents. Giving massive tax cut to the rich and increasing deficit during expanding economy. Something the republicans did not stop talking about before he was in office. The idiotic steel tariffs which created problems for so manny American workers and so on.
Appreciate 3
JMAC5150128.00
vtown93.50

      06-03-2020, 07:05 AM   #101
SumBMWGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
1254
Rep
1,560
Posts

Drives: A German Car
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
I believe Trump wants to stop this behavior:


https://www.yahoo.com/autos/looters-...205816642.html

Not protests
Then why did he have a peaceful protest violently broken up?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 07:38 AM   #102
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1546
Rep
1,915
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post

This from the American Conservative.


https://www.theamericanconservative....he-presidency/

Basically, he's a poser.

"This is the act of a weak man who is left with nothing but to stand in front of a church flashing a Bible like a gang sign to get conservative Christians in line. It is pathetic. Today I see that he is going to visit a DC shrine to St. John Paul II — a purely political stunt. As a believing Christian, Trump's cynicism disgusts me viscerally."

Loyalty to Trump is misplaced to a man instead of to America

Anyone who knows anyone who has a rooted faith in the Bible knows they do not walk around with a hard back bible. Everyone I've ever met who reads their bible carries a leather bound bible. Small detail but accurate.

Thanks for the link jmg reading it now
Attached Images
 
__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 1
vtown93.50

      06-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #103
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1546
Rep
1,915
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

From the article -


UPDATE: You know what? If these riots continue, none of what I say here will matter in November. Trump can be as bad as he wants, but if ordinary people see the Democrats and their media lackeys making excuses for the rioters, they'll vote Trump.


I agree. This is the war Trump needed. There's no motivation to quell the riots because they are in his favor - he thrives on chaos.

__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 1
paliknight1750.00

      06-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #104
jamesinaz
Second Lieutenant
395
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
From the article -


UPDATE: You know what? If these riots continue, none of what I say here will matter in November. Trump can be as bad as he wants, but if ordinary people see the Democrats and their media lackeys making excuses for the rioters, they'll vote Trump.


I agree. This is the war Trump needed. There's no motivation to quell the riots because they are in his favor - he thrives on chaos.

Yup. Every day of rioting adds voters to Trumps re-election. Every family financially ruined by the looters is a GOP voter for life.

The stupid is staggering. If the DEMs want to ever be considered adults they MUST condemn the rioting and looting. Perhaps I've missed it. Maybe Pelosi came out and condemned the theft of 70 cars from San Leandro dealership.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #105
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1546
Rep
1,915
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Reposting this here so it does not get lost in the main thread.

It's a great nuanced conversation.

__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #106
NormanConquest
Major General
3329
Rep
5,035
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

https://www.foxnews.com/us/omaha-bar...-attorney-says

Good that at this moment the prosecutor made the right call but I fully expect the rioters to make a scene and the prosecutor caving and charging this guy unnecessarily just like what happen in Georgia.

Furthermore you can easily see what media is race baiters and which one isn't thru google search of this story as the race baiter headline include white and black which had nothing to do with this altercation.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #107
rebekahb
Second Lieutenant
582
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
From the article -


UPDATE: You know what? If these riots continue, none of what I say here will matter in November. Trump can be as bad as he wants, but if ordinary people see the Democrats and their media lackeys making excuses for the rioters, they'll vote Trump.


I agree. This is the war Trump needed. There's no motivation to quell the riots because they are in his favor - he thrives on chaos.


Politicians in general thrive on whatever will get them voters. It's all a power trip.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 10:46 AM   #108
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
United_States
1750
Rep
2,461
Posts

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
I believe Trump wants to stop this behavior:


https://www.yahoo.com/autos/looters-...205816642.html

Not protests
Then why did he have a peaceful protest violently broken up?
Because the target on his back is larger than any other man in the world. Walking amongst a heated crowd is not smart.

I'm not condoning what he did or if he should have even done it, but people need to understand the danger he's constantly in as President of the US.
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 10:58 AM   #109
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
7021
Rep
7,499
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Because the target on his back is larger than any other man in the world. Walking amongst a heated crowd is not smart.

I'm not condoning what he did or if he should have even done it, but people need to understand the danger he's constantly in as President of the US.
Which was all the more reason not to do it. It was bad all the way around in a number of ways.
Appreciate 1
jmg8858.50

      06-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #110
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
8859
Rep
9,918
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
I believe Trump wants to stop this behavior:


https://www.yahoo.com/autos/looters-...205816642.html

Not protests
Then why did he have a peaceful protest violently broken up?
Because the target on his back is larger than any other man in the world. Walking amongst a heated crowd is not smart.

I'm not condoning what he did or if he should have even done it, but people need to understand the danger he's constantly in as President of the US.
I think the fat fuck he is more in danger of having a stroke.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST