ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-22-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

OC3 Mat Coding Not Sticking?

Like several before me, I have been blessed with an occupancy sensor failure that was refused to be covered for replacement by BMW NA (05-2006 production Z4M)....

Emulator did not work for me. It did function as described, BUT it also would drain the battery. So I decided to go the coding route.

I have a computer setup with the NCS/INPA files from Bimmergeeks. I have successfully coded about a half dozen things that have stuck, but it seems coding out the OC3 applicable items using the same process will not stick, and I keep getting a returning 93C3 error code.

Here is the process I have been using trying to get this issue resolved. I have attempted this process starting with OC3 mat still plugged in and starting with it already unplugged, but I still end at the same result.

1. Connect OBD K+DCAN cable to car and verify connection via INPA

2. Close INPA

3. Open NCSexpert

4. Use profile NCSdummy (note this is what revtor changed the former expert profile name to a few years ago with version 4, so it is the correct coding profile)

5. Start

6. Chassis > e85

7. Back to main screen

8. Process ECU > ABG module

9. Read file (CODIERDATEN_LESEN)

10. Open up NCSdummy and load appropriate .TRC file and module (my case its ACSM.08)

11. Set Seat Occupancy Detection (OC3) and GK/OC3/POL to nickt_aktiv

12. Export .MAN file and close NCSdummy

13. Back in NCSexpert, chose SG_CODIEREN and run. Airbag light goes off for a few seconds but returns, even when I unplug OC3 mat when the light is off or after coding is fully done.

14. Shut off car and restart to clear error code. Upon startup, no code until about 20 seconds after start up, then it reappears. Clearing the code does not get rid of it via INPA or using my Foxwell NT510.

When I go back in to check the coding, with OC3 mat unplugged, the car has reverted Seat Occupancy Detection (OC3) and GK/OC3/POL back to aktiv. Is there a step I am missing or what am I doing wrong that is causing the coding modification not to stick?

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 12:28 PM   #2
jmilt13
Private
Rep
Drives: 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Bump, anyone figure this out?
Appreciate 0