ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #67
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I'm picking up and installing the front and rear caliper upgrades this Friday.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #68
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Stay in touch in the weekend
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #69
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

I actually have the full PFC BBK . True race car quality and reliability . Stops me from 150mph with the same awesome feel and control every time lap after lap . Combined with the PFC 08 pads which last an entire season it's impossible to beat performance wise for a true track user . The only downside is cost , but you get what you pay for .
George
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #70
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
I actually have the full PFC BBK . True race car quality and reliability . Stops me from 150mph with the same awesome feel and control every time lap after lap . Combined with the PFC 08 pads which last an entire season it's impossible to beat performance wise for a true track user . The only downside is cost , but you get what you pay for .
George
Does the full kit include upgraded/upsized rotors, or is it a caliper only kit?

I've always liked PFC's quality, and had considered the PFC caliper kit from Bimmerworld for the E46 M3, but the front isn't designed for the ZCP rotors if I recall. To get a PFC kit to fit I would have to get their full kit with the rotors and all. Upgrading rotor size on the MZ4 Coupe just seems like a waste to me, the 345mmF/328mmR rotors are actually quite phenomenal by BMW standards.

Plus I already got RacingBrake's 2 piece rotors front and rear, and I have had very good experience with their calipers on the 350Z I used to have.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #71
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK
Quote:
George

I've always liked PFC's quality, and had considered the PFC caliper kit from Bimmerworld for the E46 M3, but the front isn't designed for the ZCP rotors if I recall. To get a PFC kit to fit I would have to get their full kit with the rotors and all. Upgrading rotor size on the MZ4 Coupe just seems like a waste to me, the 345mmF/328mmR rotors are actually quite phenomenal by BMW standards.

Plus I already got RacingBrake's 2 piece rotors front and rear, and I have had very good experience with their calipers on the 350Z I used to have.
It's calipers , rotors , and stainless lines . 355mm front /328 mm rear
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #72
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
How much is the full kit, if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #73
Krypptic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92M, GT3

Quote:

I bought the oem sized rotors from them and later inquired directly to PFC about a caliper upgrade and was told it is not possible. I can look up the email and post the explanation if some cares to read it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #74
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK
Quote:
How much is the full kit, if you don't mind me asking?
It's 6k for front and rear .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #75
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Anxiously waiting for your feedback (including pics)

The most important part is if the rear 2 piston caliper fits like a charm or not
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #76
The HACK
Rep

Last minute change of plans, my wife and I are going out of town for some R&R. Will do this Monday instead.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #77
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Last minute change of plans, my wife and I are going out of town for some R&R. Will do this Monday instead.
Today is the big day i suppose ?
waiting anxiously, got all my funds sorted out as well.

I hope you won't have problems fitting the rear lines.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #78
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
What's happening mate? I hope nothing serious :S
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #79
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
What's happening mate? I hope nothing serious :S
Scheduling conflict. Took off last weekend to go to Monterey and now I've got work backed up to my neck. Told RB we'd have to reschedule the pick-up and install, trying to coordinate between their schedule and my schedule during the holiday season here is a lot tougher than I thought.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #80
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

is this kit that hard to install? i literally did mine with a friend in 4.5 hours.
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #81
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
is this kit that hard to install? i literally did mine with a friend in 4.5 hours.
No, I can probably do it myself in the same amount of time. I've done a couple of similar installs on various makes and models. Especially since the front end is practically prepared for the kit already.

The problem for me is I've only got time during the weekend, and sometimes with a small family and a 5 years old, the time on the weekend may just be a little too precious. And outside RacingBrake business hours.

I'm trying to coordinate to make it happen as early as possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #82
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
No, I can probably do it myself in the same amount of time. I've done a couple of similar installs on various makes and models. Especially since the front end is practically prepared for the kit already.

The problem for me is I've only got time during the weekend, and sometimes with a small family and a 5 years old, the time on the weekend may just be a little too precious. And outside RacingBrake business hours.

I'm trying to coordinate to make it happen as early as possible.
I'm definitely at that point, minus the family. "Can" do it and "should" do it become more independent terms. After having gotten my hands dirty and knowing what to look for or ask, it's at the point where I'd rather pay a knowledgeable person I trust in order to preserve that sacred time off.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #83
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I'm definitely at that point, minus the family. "Can" do it and "should" do it become more independent terms. After having gotten my hands dirty and knowing what to look for or ask, it's at the point where I'd rather pay a knowledgeable person I trust in order to preserve that sacred time off.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #84
The HACK
Rep

Picked up both the final production front caliper and the rear 2 piston fixed caliper, had it test fitted at RB last night. Will find some time next weekend (no not this weekend, have a couple of Xmas parties and taking my 5 year old to see Santa) to get it installed, and will shake it down at Spring Mountain on the 28-29th.
Attached Images

Last edited by The HACK; 12-05-2013 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: add photos
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #85
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Picked up both the final production front caliper and the rear 2 piston fixed caliper, had it test fitted at RB last night. Will find some time next weekend (no not this weekend, have a couple of Xmas parties and taking my 5 year old to see Santa) to get it installed, and will shake it down at Spring Mountain on the 28-29th.

So Hack, it fits gracefully ? No problems with fitment ?

Do you i have your green light for ordering it? or should wait for a test drive on the track ?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #86
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
So Hack, it fits gracefully ? No problems with fitment ?

Do you i have your green light for ordering it? or should wait for a test drive on the track ?
Fits perfectly. No issues. Should go ahead and order it now, don't need to wait for my track report IMO, no reason to suspect that this won't be a superior upgrade over the OE system.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #87
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Fits perfectly. No issues. Should go ahead and order it now, don't need to wait for my track report IMO, no reason to suspect that this won't be a superior upgrade over the OE system.
Can't wait for your install and review this weekend.
I'm still holding off till you beat the shit out of the front+rear BBK and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #88
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Can't wait for your install and review this weekend.
I'm still holding off till you beat the shit out of the front+rear BBK and see what happens.
Beating the sh*t out of it probably won't happen until March, I'm afraid. But installation will happen this weekend. Been sitting on the parts due to the holidays, work, and other personal stuff.

The extend of "beating" it would probably just involve some bedding in if I can find an open, big parking lot. But I can probably give some first impressions on pedal feel and modulation next week.
Appreciate 0