ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #23
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
Would've loved the center vent
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 07:02 PM   #24
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNy View Post
Would've loved the center vent
Like Wise.

Can a comparison be done for how far forward the vents come compared to varis? One thing that attracted me to varis was for those of us f/i is where the blower sits right at the first vent on varis, how does skyer compare?
Appreciate 2
3GFX722.50
      12-14-2021, 07:31 AM   #25
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Subbing for info, still undecided.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 08:01 AM   #26
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Appreciate the update!

I think the design is looking good but the change in the vents from the renders is not my favorite. The vents look too big and tacked on to the top of the hood sort like fake carbon vents people put in stock hoods. Is there any way to have the vents be more flush with the hood instead of sitting on top? I think that would go a long way to making the overall design look more cohesive and OEM+.

I would love to have this hood sitting on top of my new Skyer Motorsport vented engine cover that Santa is bringing me for Christmas! Like others though I am very concerned about shipping of an item this big. Shipping for the engine cover was $100 which is crazy for such a small/light part so for a part this big I am worried shipping will be close to the price of the hood it self.

Keep up the good work!

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 2
3GFX722.50
Steeler2427.50
      12-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #27
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
....The vents look...tacked on to the top of the hood sort like fake carbon vents people put in stock hoods. Is there any way to have the vents be more flush with the hood instead of sitting on top? I think that would go a long way to making the overall design look more cohesive and OEM+.

Keep up the good work!
This

I don't mind them sticking out if they followed some sort of line on the body or hood but it looks out of place.

The size is ok for me.
Appreciate 1
Steeler2427.50
      12-15-2021, 10:20 AM   #28
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Appreciate the update!

I think the design is looking good but the change in the vents from the renders is not my favorite. The vents look too big and tacked on to the top of the hood sort like fake carbon vents people put in stock hoods. Is there any way to have the vents be more flush with the hood instead of sitting on top? I think that would go a long way to making the overall design look more cohesive and OEM+.

I would love to have this hood sitting on top of my new Skyer Motorsport vented engine cover that Santa is bringing me for Christmas! Like others though I am very concerned about shipping of an item this big. Shipping for the engine cover was $100 which is crazy for such a small/light part so for a part this big I am worried shipping will be close to the price of the hood it self.

Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
This

I don't mind them sticking out if they followed some sort of line on the body or hood but it looks out of place.

The size is ok for me.
I believe early in the design process it was suggested the vents be flush top of hood. The general consensus was that there would not be enough room below the hood to have the strakes hanging down.

I do agree the design looks tacked on with this design.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 11:19 AM   #29
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
I believe early in the design process it was suggested the vents be flush top of hood. The general consensus was that there would not be enough room below the hood to have the strakes hanging down.

I do agree the design looks tacked on with this design.
I can see what you're saying but the "Trackspec" hood vents that people have installed basically sit flush with the hood and I havent head of anyone having clearance issues. I think their vent design in carbon flush mounted in the hood would be almost the perfect look.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50
      12-15-2021, 12:17 PM   #30
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
I can see what you're saying but the "Trackspec" hood vents that people have installed basically sit flush with the hood and I havent head of anyone having clearance issues. I think their vent design in carbon flush mounted in the hood would be almost the perfect look.
I agree.
My thoughts were that there would be enough room below the hood, afterall there is structure that hangs down approx 1.5 inches.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50
      12-17-2021, 02:21 PM   #31
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Appreciate the update!

Is there any way to have the vents be more flush with the hood instead of sitting on top? I think that would go a long way to making the overall design look more cohesive and OEM+.

Like others though I am very concerned about shipping of an item this big. Shipping for the engine cover was $100 which is crazy for such a small/light part so for a part this big I am worried shipping will be close to the price of the hood it self.

Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
This

The size is ok for me.

Thanks for the all kind words. The raised lip on the leading edge is sloping (shorter) toward the rear. It's hard to show in pictures. I'll post a few more in the next posts.

Shipping has been 3-5X since Covid, a 40' container used to be $4000 in late 2018 and now It's $20,000 to Westcoast if you can find them. Also if they don't jam outside of the port traffic.

We're planning to bring these in via ocean then ship them out from our HQ here in Vancouver. So we're looking at May ETA if we can make enough of these to put in the Feb container.

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #32
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Here's more pictures from different angles
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
WickedNy225.00
      12-22-2021, 07:09 PM   #33
Frank851
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '19 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Here's more pictures from different angles
It looks like the vents are above the plane of the hood at the front but are flush at about 1/2 the way back towards the windshield. Not a bad compromise, as it looks similar to the Varis side vents on their hood; without the center vent at the back at the base of the windshield.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 02:18 PM   #34
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Vented carbon hood pre-order for May ETA will start tomorrow.

Only 15 for the May container..

Vented Hood >> Click here

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #35
Barrett.d
Rep
Drives: Z4m coupe, e91 330d

Hi you lot , hope your all good .
Been following the production of skyers carbon bonnets for a while . Both the vented and non vented versions are now avaliable to purchase , but currently only for Canadian and US customers due to uk shipping costs. They have shipped some and they are currently in Canada. More are due to be shipped in May. Spoke to the man at Skyer and he suggested that if I can find 4 or 5 people that are interested in buying then he will look into possible shipping direct from Canada. As a group buy on a pallet to keep costs down. To buy one individually is proving to be pretty much impossible financially. Id be happy to cover the import duty until delivery is complete and also be quite happy to collect the pallet and possibly deliver the bonnets free of charge in my van depending on how far away you lot live .
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 03:52 PM   #36
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett.d View Post
Hi you lot , hope your all good .
Been following the production of skyers carbon bonnets for a while . Both the vented and non vented versions are now avaliable to purchase , but currently only for Canadian and US customers due to uk shipping costs. They have shipped some and they are currently in Canada. More are due to be shipped in May. Spoke to the man at Skyer and he suggested that if I can find 4 or 5 people that are interested in buying then he will look into possible shipping direct from Canada. As a group buy on a pallet to keep costs down. To buy one individually is proving to be pretty much impossible financially. Id be happy to cover the import duty until delivery is complete and also be quite happy to collect the pallet and possibly deliver the bonnets free of charge in my van depending on how far away you lot live .
This is an offer you should post on https://z4-forum.com/forum/
That forum is mostly British guys so you should find people that are interested