ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

What part is this? "M" guys should know!

can some one help me explain what part number 51718044700 and 51718044699 is for its part 22 in the first pic behind the bumper and 13 on the second pic, their the same part shown twice.

I have new ones and
not sure where they go.

also does anybody know where their is a DIY on headlight washer retrofit?
i bought the kit but the instructions are horrable and dont know where to start, ill figure it out but thinking someone may know of a post somewhere showing it done already.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

hmmm... without looking at my car, im guessing a radiator support/ mount? towards the front of the car on top of each side of the radiator?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
hmmm... without looking at my car, im guessing a radiator support/ mount? towards the front of the car on top of each side of the radiator?
they are rubber, not stiff plastic. i thought i needed them but now im not so sure.

real oem just calls it a filling insert right and filling insert left
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
did you see the write-up on the conversion? mr roger was pretty thorough on what's needed...
      04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
did you see the write-up on the conversion? mr roger was pretty thorough on what's needed...

Hey Dubbedown, no i didnt see anything, i looked around but probably scaned over it.

ok i looked it up, he is missing the left and right parts that attatch to the wheel well and the lower engine splash cover,

all of which are different design than the standard I or SI side panels, I fitted all of these yesterday and worked like a charm, the parts are a wider so they bolt up to the bumper better, you may not need them but i want no missing parts that should be their, and need it to be spot on correct. that way i wont have wavy panels later going down the road, lol i know they wond but just feel better knowing its right.

but it looks like i wont need the parts so ill take them back saves me 60 bucks!

Last edited by -c-; 04-06-2011 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0