ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-23-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Question Fitting 285/30/18 in a square setup ?

Hey Folks,

This coming year I will finish collecting three sets of wheels in a square setup:
- street: Apex ARC-8 18x10xET25 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/35/18
- winter: Apex ARC-8 18x9xET30 with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 235/40/18
- track: Volk TE37 Saga 18x10.5xET20 with TBD

The "track" wheels will typically be fitted for driving to and from the track. Sometimes I may have someone transport wheels, and in the future this likely becomes a dedicated track car, but for now the track wheels need to have road safe tires on them.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and a thunderstorm is an hour away all year long - meaning I need to be safe in rainy conditions.

I am planning a coilover upgrade to an MCS 2 Way system, I understand this gives more options on wheel and tire sizes over the stock suspension.

I am hoping to fit 285/30/18 tires on the Volk TE37 18x10.5xET20 wheels.

I would like to try the new Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect 240 TW tires in a 285/30/18 size.

I'm a bit of a gadget nerd, so the tire pressure and temperature sensors are interesting. However, I actually think these are a good balance between track capability, and rain driveability (at least on paper). Many of the other "track day" tires seem like they could be dangerous in the rain.

Any idea if a 285/30/18 tire will fit with a coilover upgrade and rolled fenders?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer.

Cheers,
Eamonn
Appreciate 0