ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #1
yyz_bobby
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 (2007)

Single DIN Head Units

So there is another thread which I am following which is bringing up the fitting of the AVINusa x3 nav replacement and a Android version.

These are still a preferred option as I really really dislike the factory Nav screen and mount.

My Plan B is a single din headunit with screen. Whether the screen retracts or blocks the Air Vents is not a huge issue for me.

The best quality screens I seen are by Joying:

https://www.joyingauto.eu/blog/post/...-your-bmw-car/

However I keep seeing mention that installing something on a car with factory Nav is different to a non nav z4

I was looking at the 10.25" single din by joying as first choice of this type but had the following questions which are regarding the add-on options. I want both but unsure if they would function on my BMW Z4 2.0l (2007)

1) Would the OBD2 work?
2) Would the TPMS work?

Additional question - is the functionality of the audio dependent on me keeping the factor NAV in, and the rear mount Nav DVD?
If i went with this Joying option I would likely do a NAV delete (dependent on another thread and custom base plate being made)

Sorry for the rambling, hope the above made sense.

Bobby
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:23 AM   #2
yyz_bobby
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 (2007)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz_bobby View Post
So there is another thread which I am following which is bringing up the fitting of the AVINusa x3 nav replacement and a Android version.

These are still a preferred option as I really really dislike the factory Nav screen and mount.

My Plan B is a single din headunit with screen. Whether the screen retracts or blocks the Air Vents is not a huge issue for me.

The best quality screens I seen are by Joying:

https://www.joyingauto.eu/blog/post/...-your-bmw-car/

However I keep seeing mention that installing something on a car with factory Nav is different to a non nav z4

I was looking at the 10.25" single din by joying as first choice of this type but had the following questions which are regarding the add-on options. I want both but unsure if they would function on my BMW Z4 2.0l (2007)

1) Would the OBD2 work?
2) Would the TPMS work?

Additional question - is the functionality of the audio dependent on me keeping the factor NAV in, and the rear mount Nav DVD?
If i went with this Joying option I would likely do a NAV delete (dependent on another thread and custom base plate being made)

Sorry for the rambling, hope the above made sense.

Bobby

Response on my comment

I went with a 10.1" joying unit.

AVIN unit was tempting but I wanted an unobstructed view over the dash.

Joying unit is top quality so far, lots of features and easy enough to use.

Will remove sat nav and find something to do with that space.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
garto87
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4m Roadster

Would you mind posting pictures of your setup? Are you using and aftermarket amp and how is it all working?

Does CarPlay or Android Auto work well on the Joying unit?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #4
cbecker33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Another option that includes wireless Android Auto - https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P.../DMH-WT7600NEX
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 10:45 PM   #5
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

I spoke to joying a while ago, supposedly you do not need after market amp. the issue is i couldn't get those cables that you need for cheap.. it all ships from UK, i think 20 pound shipping last time i checked