ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #67
Alaberti
And yet
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V6 S BDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbecker33 View Post
Which station?
Mine's a MotoMart right off I-64 and N Greenmount.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 03:51 PM   #68
Alaberti
And yet
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I usually run the tank to 0 miles before I fill up. E85 at my station tests to be about e78 in the app. Once you find an open road you'll notice the top end is a lot better, crisper throttle response. The way it throws you back in the seat fees different
It's cleared up a bit and I finally took her out for a proper drive. One of my favorite backroads for straight-line pulls was clear and I sent it.

I have never seen the redline come up so quick in first gear, I laughed out loud. Yeah, there's a noticeable improvement on full throttle. Maybe more so in day-to-day on a higher blend. Might make me reconsider changed gearing if I'm being honest. I didn't try it with the sport button on, but I was mighty tempted.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #69
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaberti View Post
Quote:
I usually run the tank to 0 miles before I fill up. E85 at my station tests to be about e78 in the app. Once you find an open road you'll notice the top end is a lot better, crisper throttle response. The way it throws you back in the seat fees different
It's cleared up a bit and I finally took her out for a proper drive. One of my favorite backroads for straight-line pulls was clear and I sent it.

I have never seen the redline come up so quick in first gear, I laughed out loud. Yeah, there's a noticeable improvement on full throttle. Maybe more so in day-to-day on a higher blend. Might make me reconsider changed gearing if I'm being honest. I didn't try it with the sport button on, but I was mighty tempted.
Glad you like it, throw the sport button on and let it rip through the gears
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #70
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Quote:

Any plans to do a dyno run? I'd love to see what the results are.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 08:15 PM   #71
Alaberti
And yet
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion_2 View Post
Quote:

I don't have any plans for one, no. Just a personal thing, but I'd rather put the money towards parts and fuel. Plus, I didn't have one from before the installation which means I'd have to do a before/after. That said, if anyone wants to cover the dyno runs I'd be more than happy to get as much data as you're looking for lol
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #72
AlpineGarage
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe / 1M Coupe

Hello everyone!
I just got the ESS 525 kit installed on my car. I would like to run the ProFlex Commander but I am trying to clarify if I need to make any changes to the fuel pump. I filled the tank with one gallon of e85 just the other day with no issues. I know the supercharger kit can handle a few gallons but my goal is to run a large amount of e85 mixed with 91. I live out in SoCal so the majority of pumps are 91. I was lucky enough to get an e85 station very close to home. Also a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, it has been very informative!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:06 PM   #73
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineGarage View Post
Hello everyone!
I just got the ESS 525 kit installed on my car. I would like to run the ProFlex Commander but I am trying to clarify if I need to make any changes to the fuel pump. I filled the tank with one gallon of e85 just the other day with no issues. I know the supercharger kit can handle a few gallons but my goal is to run a large amount of e85 mixed with 91. I live out in SoCal so the majority of pumps are 91. I was lucky enough to get an e85 station very close to home. Also a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, it has been very informative!
I'm in SoCal as well. Are you running the canned tune that came with the ESS kit? And do you have software for data logging in the ECS programming. The injectors in the 525 kit as far as I know aren't capable of running full e85. If you have logging software once you install the kit you can check the fuel pressure and the injector duty cycle and add ethanol (starting around e30, go to e35, go to e40, etc. until you start running out of fuel.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:19 PM   #74
AlpineGarage
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

European Auto Source installed the kit for me and updated the software with what ESS provided for the kit. I haven't spoken to AJ at ESS to see if they have any other tune's for the kit. Is there other tunes that you know of? Also, I don't have any data logging software so I'd preferably purchase the Proflex and run the e85 safely if thats an option.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:23 PM   #75
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineGarage View Post
European Auto Source installed the kit for me and updated the software with what ESS provided for the kit. I haven't spoken to AJ at ESS to see if they have any other tune's for the kit. Is there other tunes that you know of? Also, I don't have any data logging software so I'd preferably purchase the Proflex and run the e85 safely if thats an option.
Yeah I've spoken to ESS numerous times about it. I wouldn't tell ESS that you're running the proflex kit or they'll void your warranty. That's what they told me on the phone last year when I talked to AJ for an hour. To safely run e85 with a blower on this platform you're going to need to upgrade the injectors and get a retune for pump gas. The biggest problem is that there are VERY few people who can actually tune these cars properly. PM me if you'd like to speak more about this I can lead you into the right direction, but it's not going to be cheap by any means.. which is the reason why I decided to switch platforms.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:32 PM   #76
AlpineGarage
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I've spoken to ESS numerous times about it. I wouldn't tell ESS that you're running the proflex kit or they'll void your warranty. That's what they told me on the phone last year when I talked to AJ for an hour. To safely run e85 with a blower on this platform you're going to need to upgrade the injectors and get a retune for pump gas. The biggest problem is that there are VERY few people who can actually tune these cars properly. PM me if you'd like to speak more about this I can lead you into the right direction, but it's not going to be cheap by any means.. which is the reason why I decided to switch platforms.
Hey thanks a lot for all the information and help, I appreciate it. If I risk losing warranty on the kit I probably won't take the E85 route. I was just looking for some more extra power out of the kit but AJ recommended I buy the 83mm pulley for the supercharger so thats what I did... directly from their site.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 06:52 PM   #77
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
I got a Proflex Commander Kit for my Z4MR (even though it’s still at the shop). I’m trying to gather parts and have everything ready so I can install it all at once when the car is ready to play in the streets again. I’ve never dyno’ed the car and have no clue what my HP/TQ is at this point, but I’m concerned about the fuel injectors. I don’t know the duty cycle now or where it needs to be and if I even have to upgrade. I’ll later be doing a tune (TTFS or Pokey due to my MAF delete with the Turner airbox). If it helps, here’s a list of my mods:

*RPI air scoop
*Turner CSL type airbox
*Turner power pulley kit
*Advanced Flex Fuel Procommander kit
*Euro catless headers
*DKF resonated S-pipe
*custom straight through Xpipe (resonator delete)
*RPI Axleback exhaust
*tune by TTFS/Pokeybritches

I understand the proflex doesn’t need a tune, but the fact I have a MAF delete my car will require one. Again, my question is whether I should upgrade fuel injectors or not. If so, what do I need to upgrade to? Links? Any advice is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:31 PM   #78
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Currently installing a few mods in the car including the ProFlex. Any updates from those that did this mod already?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 04:52 AM   #79
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Currently installing a few mods in the car including the ProFlex. Any updates from those that did this mod already?
Pokey should be able to help you out with the injectors, let us know how the car feels on e85!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 10:38 PM   #80
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Pokey should be able to help you out with the injectors, let us know how the car feels on e85!
I’m actually gonna end up doing the EWS delete with him and more than likely the tune as well for the airbox. I’ll post updates once the car actually runs lol
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 06:11 AM   #81
AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

I have a kit for sale!
Vanne1620.50
      03-11-2022, 05:26 AM   #82
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion_2 View Post
Did you ever upgrade your injectors and install the Proflex kit?
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 08:55 AM   #83
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Bump any other users try this kit since the last update?
      10-11-2023, 09:12 AM   #84
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Bump any other users try this kit since the last update?
The kit is solid. Plug and play, haven’t heard a single bad thing from anyone
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 04:18 PM   #85
GumbyOTM
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Got this kit a few weeks ago, along with the Severn Tuning Group Buy and new fuel injectors.

AFD customer service was good, although the initial shipment they missed a critical part, so if you do get this double check your box (it was a converter from sensor to fuel line).

When I installed everything (tune and harness) I got a misfire at higher revs, after some experimentation taking off the harness and running a pure 85 tune cured the misfire.

I still have yet to re-install the AFD kit and trouble shoot what happened. I'm fortunate that e85 is very readily available in my area, but I'd prefer to have the convenience and flexibility of having the kit installed. Very possible I didn't install something correctly, but with the new FIC injectors it makes the installation a bit more difficult than the video made it out to be (the FIC connectors need adapters so you have less space.)
Appreciate 0