ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #45
DRedman45
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E86 //M coupe, e84 X1

The Turner kit is a pretty good place to get your extra parts list from. The extra nuts at not necessary, you can use the factory hardware. The csl dipstick would actually be more difficult to check the oil since it's essentially under the intake. I had bought it prior to doing a bit more research on it. The only thing I needed outside of what turner listed is the 5/8" heater hose to extend the crankcase vent.

I'll see if I can borrow a GoPro with a wind sock...phone videos are almost useless :

My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #46
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRedman45 View Post
The Turner kit is a pretty good place to get your extra parts list from. The extra nuts at not necessary, you can use the factory hardware. The csl dipstick would actually be more difficult to check the oil since it's essentially under the intake. I had bought it prior to doing a bit more research on it. The only thing I needed outside of what turner listed is the 5/8" heater hose to extend the crankcase vent.

I'll see if I can borrow a GoPro with a wind sock...phone videos are almost useless :
Please! Really debating this exclusively for the sound.

Bought an AFE to hold me over and it's "good" but would like even more.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #47
proboner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Quote:

Would very much like to hear your exhaust setup as well. Hows the rasp?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #48
maupineda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

Quote:
I finished up my install today. No real issues with installation. I bought the csl dip stick, but ended not using it and opted to rotate the factory dipstick back towards the firewall. I extended the vent tube using 5/8 heater hose.

it sounds amazing on the top end
I have the CSL dipstick and to be honest I don’t find it difficult at all, plenty of space to reach and pull it to check oil. The biggest “issue” is that you may drip oil in the process.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 01:12 AM   #49
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:

I did see the list on their website but I also read some parts weren’t required as we could use factory parts like you stated above. So I can do away with the CSL tube and the dipstick and also the nuts.

The other items such as “bracket”, does Anyone know the part number(s) or what bracket they’re referring to?
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #50
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
I did see the list on their website but I also read some parts weren’t required as we could use factory parts like you stated above. So I can do away with the CSL tube and the dipstick and also the nuts.

The other items such as “bracket”, does Anyone know the part number(s) or what bracket they’re referring to?
I ended up buying the whole kit for an extra ~$500. ECS and Turner have a 15% discount on the airbox alone and also the airbox kit. In case anyone is interested go check it out. An airbox at $1274 is not bad at all!
Appreciate 2