ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

skirts and blades combined

I like what Skyer is doing for our platform but always thought the side blades looked like an add-on, which they are, but wanted more of an integrated look as in a one piece skirt/ blade.
My skirts need some work anyways.
I have the real thin blade on my car right now and they are a pain to keep clean with the area below the skirt and above the blade being a dust and road grime trap. OCD on max.

Came across this.
https://www.bodykits.com/i-24236499-...ce-102333.html

Anyone have any background info?

I would have the “blade” portion of the skirt hydro dipped with carbon film and the rest body colour of course.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX

Last edited by Steeler; 04-20-2020 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Those are copies of the Hamann side skirts, part of the overall Hamann styling kit for the E85/E86. I think they look decent as part of an overall conversion, but by themselves that hole in the rear just seems to look out of place.

The link didn't seem to display a price, but if they're cheap enough, might be worth trying out.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

They are discontinued by Duraflex but apparently available from a company called VSaero from Las Vegas. Price is $105 for the pair so yea worth a shot.

https://carbonfiberhoods.com/vsaero-...08-100314.html
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
They are discontinued by Duraflex but apparently available from a company called VSaero from Las Vegas. Price is $105 for the pair so yea worth a shot.

https://carbonfiberhoods.com/vsaero-...08-100314.html
Daaaaaaang, that's cheap!!!

Now if only they made a cheaper version of the Varis hood.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 06:16 PM   #5
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

Shipping is atrocious to Canada, need to find a work around to cut down the $300 ship charge.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 06:18 PM   #6
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Always blows my mind how much it costs just for something to cross that border... 3x as much as the product costs. Aggravating.
Appreciate 0