ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-27-2022, 06:59 PM   #1
John_Romanos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E85

Best of both worlds exhaust

Anyone here use an electric cutout exhaust?
How is it? Is it worth it?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 10:04 PM   #2
TyzToyz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si

I've asked on here before with no response. There are a couple videos/discussions out there. Depending on how much work you want to do, the biggest concern/problem is the lack of real estate. There is nothing "bolt on".
I am finding that if there is not an "M" or coupe in your search, things are limited.
I would love cut-outs and may venture down that road, but I've been know to procrastinate.
Please let me know if you find anything.

Tye
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:11 PM   #3
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyzToyz View Post
I am finding that if there is not an "M" or coupe in your search, things are limited.
This is quite true. Just "M" really, coupe/roadie doesn't matter.

I'm not an exhaust cutout kind of person but even finding anything aftermarket for non-M E85/6 cars is a challenge. Eisenmann in Germany has an offering but it eats wallet. And these days who knows how long it might take to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 11:45 PM   #4
///Mcoupe
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

The cutout will give you loud noise and pops. I feel you loose the "sweet sound" of the s54.it just gets loud and rowdy but its a cheap option.

I bought used Eisenmann Race mufflers from this forum, i love them, composed when driving normal and they get just loud enough when you floor it but not too loud, supersprint race is louder. Rest of the exhaust is stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 11:47 PM   #5
John_Romanos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mcoupe View Post
The cutout will give you loud noise and pops. I feel you loose the "sweet sound" of the s54.it just gets loud and rowdy but its a cheap option.

I bought used Eisenmann Race mufflers from this forum, i love them, composed when driving normal and they get just loud enough when you floor it but not too loud, supersprint race is louder. Rest of the exhaust is stock.
I just want the best of both words since I have a roadster, I don't want to hear a loud exhaust when I just want to cruise
Appreciate 0