ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
newbizie
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummers
newbizie, can you tell us how you have it hooked up? How many channels off the amp and what are they driving? Did you install crossovers?
I have the radio grounded ti a screw behind the hu, the power for the hu is tied to an ACC fuse behind the glove cant remember which one at the moment

I then ran the amp turn on and rca cables along the passenger door jam through a hole in the back wall behind the passenger seat

the rca have a splitter so I can use all four channels using one rca cable

all four channels are being used the first two channels I have set with the apms own high pass cross-over right now those channels are running all the 3 1/2 speakers

the last two channels are running all the 6 1/2 speakers and im using. the amps low pass cross-over for thouse

all settings in the amp are turned pretty far down right now because I wasnt sure of the speakers could handle without external crossovers for the 3 1/2s pics comming tomorrow when I can break things back down
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #24
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbizie View Post
I have the radio grounded ti a screw behind the hu, the power for the hu is tied to an ACC fuse behind the glove cant remember which one at the moment

I then ran the amp turn on and rca cables along the passenger door jam through a hole in the back wall behind the passenger seat

all four channels are being used the first two channels I have set with the apms own high pass cross-over right now those channels are running all the 3 1/2 speakers

the last two channels are running all the 6 1/2 speakers and im using. the amps low pass cross-over for thouse

all settings in the amp are turned pretty far down right now because I wasnt sure of the speakers could handle without external crossovers for the 3 1/2s pics comming tomorrow when I can break things back down
Nice job using what you had.

This is a real testament to what adding an aftermarket HU and AMP really does. You are using only half of the channels off of the HU, and are only driving 6 of the 10 speakers with the gain turned down you are getting output that is on par with the stock HU and amp.

If you would add some 3 way crossovers and drive the fronts(kick/door/tweet) off of one set of channels, then drive the carvers in low pass off of the other channel your system would perform very well.

The rear 3.5" speakers add very little to the overall mix, I played around with driving them in our system and could honestly not tell a difference with them active.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #25
newbizie
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummers
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbizie View Post

Nice job using what you had.

This is a real testament to what adding an aftermarket HU and AMP really does. You are using only half of the channels off of the HU, and are only driving 6 of the 10 speakers with the gain turned down you are getting output that is on par with the stock HU and amp.

If you would add some 3 way crossovers and drive the fronts(kick/door/tweet) off of one set of channels, then drive the carvers in low pass off of the other channel your system would perform very well.

The rear 3.5" speakers add very little to the overall mix, I played around with driving them in our system and could honestly not tell a difference with them active.
thanks man yeah thr whole system will be re-done when I get back from my deployment I don't want to do all the work and just have to watch her sit lol
Appreciate 0