ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #23
GPower
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
Yup, I have been to Bimmer Heaven and met Phillip. Bought parts from there.

Figuring mid-May for a first flight in the Zee..... if I'm lucky. May weekends are booked solids right now.
I guess I'm getting old and I feel I'm stuck in certain age/era regarding cars. It seems like every car manufacturer stopped making interesting cars 10 years ago. Everything nowadays is mainstream and safe - starting with the 3 series all the way to the 7. Same for Audi and Mercedes.

Can't stand all the gizmos in the vehicles and then at the same time you have to keep your eyes on the road. Good luck with that.

My point is I'm with Tom - would love to get my hands on a Z3M Coupe and work on it. Work is sh*t right now and money is short but I hope soon.

Can't wait to take the Z out

Cheers

G
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #24
Eau_Rouge111
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i and 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
Yup, I have been to Bimmer Heaven and met Phillip. Bought parts from there.

Figuring mid-May for a first flight in the Zee..... if I'm lucky. May weekends are booked solids right now.
I guess I'm getting old and I feel I'm stuck in certain age/era regarding cars. It seems like every car manufacturer stopped making interesting cars 10 years ago. Everything nowadays is mainstream and safe - starting with the 3 series all the way to the 7. Same for Audi and Mercedes.

Can't stand all the gizmos in the vehicles and then at the same time you have to keep your eyes on the road. Good luck with that.

My point is I'm with Tom - would love to get my hands on a Z3M Coupe and work on it. Work is sh*t right now and money is short but I hope soon.

Can't wait to take the Z out

Cheers

G
Thinking same but the prices are out of the question but a non m 2.8 or 3.0 coupe one can find all day long for still reasonable prices and some high mileage cars make good project cars to get creative with. If it wasn't for my E36 that I bought 21 yrs ago when I was 19 with my hard earned McDonald's job $...and given I daily drove that car for 11 yrs and 407k km on it...long story short...if I didn't still have this car for more sentimental reasons...I'd be looking for a Z3 2.8 or 3.0 Coupe out of the US or a 944 turbo to get creative with
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 07:41 AM   #25
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Before I was fortunate enough to luckily find the 2000 BMW 750iL about a month ago, I had accidentially come across a mint condition manual Porsche 928S in red with a black interior for $7000 CAN and fairly low mileage. Guy never emailed me back. Guess it wasn't ment to be........ But that got me wound up a bit thinking about acquiring such a beast.

I'm stuck on the old-er cars. I don't mind putting in the work and a bit of cash to bring them back. I believe it's all about maintenance...... with some love, passion and insanity thrown in !! I've been through 5 BMW 2002's, 2 BMW E30 M3's, 2000 328i, and a 2002 BMW X5 3.0 before the 3 we have now in the driveway/garage. The youngest BMW we own now is the Z4M. I don't think I'd touch any of the new stuff. Mind you, can't afford it either. Brand new Z4 up at the $90k mark in Canadian dollars........ yeah right.
Appreciate 1
GPower61.00
      04-25-2019, 09:54 AM   #26
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPower View Post

G
Don't know how old everyone else is here, but I am 100% in agreement and I am 35, the newest car I have owned is a 2015 Golf for daily driving, and even that's not very loaded with technology.

I guess being a car enthusiast makes most of us more appreciative of the actual driving experience, rather than the bombardment of technology and nannies being shoved to our face in the new cars, mind you, the majority of market is leaning that direction so car makers is only making cars where the demand is.

O well, makes me appreciate my Z a little more
First start, this saturday, then its time to install my stuff
I'd hope i can finish by June, because you know.. life

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #27
ShawnPaul
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

I have the same rant about modern cars. Accountants and ceos realize that share prices day to day is all that matters. Brand ethics and identity is being replaced by selling us new styling and marketing ideas. I love my z and can't picture replacing it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 06:03 AM   #28
Eau_Rouge111
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnPaul View Post
I have the same rant about modern cars. Accountants and ceos realize that share prices day to day is all that matters. Brand ethics and identity is being replaced by selling us new styling and marketing ideas. I love my z and can't picture replacing it.
Love the Z but if say a Ferrari f355 or a 360 in stick and in hard top came my way at an unbeatable price the Z would def make a really nice downpayment! Wishful thinking...
Appreciate 1
ShawnPaul109.50
      04-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #29
GTA Z4MC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

MAY 5TH
EA CARS AND COFFEE
I can't go but thought i'd let you guys know
My car is somewhere in that 100,000 Square feet of space
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #30
ShawnPaul
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau_Rouge111 View Post
Quote:
Love the Z but if say a Ferrari f355 or a 360 in stick and in hard top came my way at an unbeatable price the Z would def make a really nice downpayment! Wishful thinking...
Two great cars! Well.... other than routine maintenance requires removing the engine and transmission. The 355 is one of the most beautiful things, but the cost to own and a fear of leaving it anywhere means that maybe my z is the perfect car. The price we all paid for these, we can treat it like people treat their Honda civics if we wanted to.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2019, 09:41 PM   #31
Eau_Rouge111
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau_Rouge111 View Post
Quote:
Two great cars! Well.... other than routine maintenance requires removing the engine and transmission. The 355 is one of the most beautiful things, but the cost to own and a fear of leaving it anywhere means that maybe my z is the perfect car. The price we all paid for these, we can treat it like people treat their Honda civics if we wanted to.
yup...not to mention the 95 to 97 valve guide issue and cracking headers on all Ferraris. The 360 is a bit easier...no known engine issues and although a belt car...it has an access panel from the interior (remove seats etc) to service the belts etc...But def...the Z ticks allot of the same boxes
Appreciate 1
ShawnPaul109.50