ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #23
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
I've contacted Turner about the one they offer and have been looking at JB Racing and still doing some more research if i "need" an upgraded clutch, so I am not close to pulling the trigger. lol
Haha understandable. Our cars rarely have the research already completed as we have all come to find out. I think I'm sticking with UUC and I will be sure to do a full write up on it. Thanks for getting back to me on this, I would hate to just without even questioning an option, rule it out.

Thanks again Guido for taking the time to write that out. I have been looking at their specs and talking with them. Everything seems to have been done professionally and the shop has agreed that they believe the same. I will keep on the research until the purchase, but this has definitely helped me leaps and bounds.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #24
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
The TO bearing is just slightly away from the pressure plate when the pedal is not being pressed; therefore the bearing is NOT spinning.

If what you are saying was true, the TO bearing would be spinning the entire time the car is running and wouldn't last too long.
On older mechanical lever style and cable style systems there are return springs that pull the TO bearing mount back away from the pressure plate. On hydraulic systems the pressure plate pushes the TO bearing back so it only moves as far as it's pushed so incidental contact happens. Here's a photo of an E90 TO bearing installed, but the E85 is the same. As you can see the rod from the slave cylinder can only push on the lever, there's no connection for it to pull it back. Z4 TO bearing lever and bearing assy also shown in photo below for reference.
Attached Images