ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Rocky Mountains + Great Plains
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
jbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Visiting Colorado next week in my M - suggestions?

I will be in my M roadster next week in Colorado. I will be just west of Colorado Springs for a few days and then possibly around Gunnison for the rest of the week. Can anyone give me some recommendations on some great roads to drive on, you know lots of curves and elevation changes and little traffic? I will probably drive them during the week so there will be less traffic.

Also I will be camping that week out of the car, 1st part of the week at Mueller state park and the rest of the week I don't know yet but I want to be closer to Lake City area. My wife will fly up at the end of the week to Gunnison and we are staying in Lake City and Crested Butte for the following week (not camping), so 2 weeks in Colorado - I am very excited.

This is not my first time in Colorado but certainly the first time in an exciting car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
WAMz4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roady

Sorry I missed this post. I live in Denver. I'm sure you were able to find plenty good roads around C springs and Gunnison. Honestly any 2 lane road in Colorado is a good road. Major interstate highhways like I-70 cut through the mountains. Everything else twists between them.
      02-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
jbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Wow, old post. Yes I found a plenty of them. Probably most enjoyed the road from Ouray to Silverton to Durango. There were several others as well but its been too long. I ended camping above Ouray the second part of the week, very pretty part of the state.
Appreciate 0