ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-12-2022, 09:37 AM   #1
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Supersprint Quad option NonM

For those looking at quad conversion for non Ms I contacted supersprint about their pricing since it’s made to order and not listed on the supersprint site and Turner replied with sending me their link they added to their site with pricing. It’s a bit more than eisenmann but it includes supersprints Y pipe that deletes the resonator so it’s a bit more than an axle back when comparing the two. On supersprints website this configuration only comes in the power loop.

Last edited by Piper1; 11-14-2023 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

But is it a performance upgrade when you first narrow the exhaust from 2 pipes to 1? (and then to 4?)
Looks more like a restriction.
4 tailpipes looks good but....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 10:31 AM   #3
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
But is it a performance upgrade when you first narrow the exhaust from 2 pipes to 1? (and then to 4?)
Looks more like a restriction.
4 tailpipes looks good but....
I think Pokey did a write up on it could be wrong might’ve been someone else but for the Y pipe scavenging on design, the single pipe is much larger than the dual pipe so not really restricting in the regard of going from 2 to 1 in transition. When I last was on the dyno it was right after my break in period from ess going on pre exhaust work on my 03 and I’ve been meaning to get back on it to see what the exhaust has done in numbers but I’m lazy and is just numbers lol. Maybe when it’s out of hibernation this year lol. I don’t think exhaust gives you enough numbers of any type on its own to really brag about lol least not compared to n/a to f/I even though it is worth noting. And quad does just look oh so much sexier
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
, the single pipe is much larger than the dual pipe so not really restricting in the regard of going from 2 to 1 in transition.
So what is the diameter of the single pipe?
From there it's a simple calculation whether it's diameter is larger or not than the 2 original pipes.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #5
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So what is the diameter of the single pipe?
From there it's a simple calculation whether it's diameter is larger or not than the 2 original pipes.
I didn’t take an id measurement but I did take a side by side shot before it went on.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 02:03 PM   #6
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It was pokey in his write up here’s the initial link and write up on it the ss system in general not exclusive to the quad https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835437
Appreciate 0