ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-24-2019, 05:22 PM   #1
NotAJock
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

How much should I ask for this gem? 2008 Z4M Coupe with only 35K miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
As part of a new year's resolution to adopt a minimalist lifestyle, and with a heavy heart, I have decided to part with my dream car. I have not followed the Z4M market for the last couple years and wanted to do some homework before officially offering her for sale. Your input is appreciated.

About the car:

2008 Imola Red Z4M Coupe with carbon trim and extended leather interior (1 of only 3 for that year). Car was garaged its entire life and is in pristine condition. Never raced or tracked, only driven on nice days and never seen salt.

07 Z4MC - VF570

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
Z4M_Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M

$37,500-40,000 is fair imo. GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #3
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

$35k minimum based on recent BAT auctions but if not in a rush you should be able to get more than that.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

$35K if you want to move it relatively fast, $37K-$40K if you’re willing to wait 6-8 month for the right buyer.

I’d pitch it for $37K and wait, since this is probably going to the worst time to sell. Unless you live in SoCal or somewhere in Florida where “winter” is just a slightly cooler Fall.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #5
JimBob0047
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR

If I were to do it again this would be the one! 35-40k all day! Keep it! The car is a minimalist drivers machine.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 12:54 AM   #6
NotAJock
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M_GT3 View Post
$37,500-40,000 is fair imo. GLWS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
$35k minimum based on recent BAT auctions but if not in a rush you should be able to get more than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
$35K if you want to move it relatively fast, $37K-$40K if you’re willing to wait 6-8 month for the right buyer.

I’d pitch it for $37K and wait, since this is probably going to the worst time to sell. Unless you live in SoCal or somewhere in Florida where “winter” is just a slightly cooler Fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
If I were to do it again this would be the one! 35-40k all day! Keep it! The car is a minimalist drivers machine.
Fair enough. Thank you all for your input.

07 Z4MC - VF570

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 08:14 AM   #7
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Spend 5k on some upgrades, track it and never look back. Don't sell it mate, you'll regret it down the line.
Appreciate 1
MOEDARE140.00
      02-25-2019, 09:19 AM   #8
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I feel like this is closer to a $40k car. Find another one in the country with that low mileage, the right options on the inside and the last model year produced.

Will obviously take the right buyer. List it for $20k and you'll have 100 buyers in the first week. List is for what it's worth to someone willing to pay for rarity of the package and it may take some time.

GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #9
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I agree with robertm - this is a $40k car easily IMHO. Extended leather is a HUGE plus IMHO, partly because of its rarity, but mainly because it's just a very nice feature to have - and hardly anybody has it. Carbon leather trim is also a huge plus. It's also a non-nav car. Eric @ EAG told me recently that non-nav cars fetch a $4k premium over nav-equipped cars. That sounds like a stretch to me, but then again I'm not surprised as I personally wouldn't own one with nav, it's an immediate disqualifier for me.

When I was in the market last October if I'd seen your car listed at $40k I'd have been on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. I got lucky and found a Space Gray '08 with 34k miles, also non-nav & carbon leather, but without extended leather, with an ask price of $38k, listed right here at zpost.com. I offered $34k after some discussion with the owner - it had paintwork on the driver's door from a minor collision so that was a bit of a downer. But the work was done perfectly and I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Compare your car to this one at EAG - Eric is asking $39,900, and it has 9k more miles, a bunch of paintwork, and needs more - the bumper needs refinishing, and the windshield is quite beaten up. The front bumper has also been drilled for a license plate, and yours apparently has not - also highly desirable if that's true.

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

Looks like it's finally sold. It's been there since at least last October. There's also this one with only 23k miles for $46k, but a far less desirable spec than yours IMHO:

So yeah, $40k all day long for yours. Is inspection 1 done yet? If not I'd get that done before putting it up for sale, as well as get a PPI done along with that service, so that you can present that to a prospective buyer and get maximum $$ for a turnkey gem. Good luck!
      02-25-2019, 11:05 AM   #10
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Final comment - BaT (bringatrailer.com) was mentioned and I think that's a very viable option for selling. They've moved a number of M coupes recently and the nicer ones have done quite well. Their auction feels are low ($99 to the seller and a capped low premium for the buyer) and the community there is very helpful in moving the auctions along. Check it out, read their terms, see what they're all about...

https://bringatrailer.com
      02-26-2019, 10:03 PM   #11
NotAJock
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
I feel like this is closer to a $40k car. Find another one in the country with that low mileage, the right options on the inside and the last model year produced.

Will obviously take the right buyer. List it for $20k and you'll have 100 buyers in the first week. List is for what it's worth to someone willing to pay for rarity of the package and it may take some time.

GLWS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Spend 5k on some upgrades, track it and never look back. Don't sell it mate, you'll regret it down the line.
Thank you. As tempting as it is to hold on to it, sometimes you just gotta let go :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I agree with robertm - this is a $40k car easily IMHO. Extended leather is a HUGE plus IMHO, partly because of its rarity, but mainly because it's just a very nice feature to have - and hardly anybody has it. Carbon leather trim is also a huge plus. It's also a non-nav car. Eric @ EAG told me recently that non-nav cars fetch a $4k premium over nav-equipped cars. That sounds like a stretch to me, but then again I'm not surprised as I personally wouldn't own one with nav, it's an immediate disqualifier for me.

When I was in the market last October if I'd seen your car listed at $40k I'd have been on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. I got lucky and found a Space Gray '08 with 34k miles, also non-nav & carbon leather, but without extended leather, with an ask price of $38k, listed right here at zpost.com. I offered $34k after some discussion with the owner - it had paintwork on the driver's door from a minor collision so that was a bit of a downer. But the work was done perfectly and I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Compare your car to this one at EAG - Eric is asking $39,900, and it has 9k more miles, a bunch of paintwork, and needs more - the bumper needs refinishing, and the windshield is quite beaten up. The front bumper has also been drilled for a license plate, and yours apparently has not - also highly desirable if that's true.

Looks like it's finally sold. It's been there since at least last October. There's also this one with only 23k miles for $46k, but a far less desirable spec than yours IMHO:

So yeah, $40k all day long for yours. Is inspection 1 done yet? If not I'd get that done before putting it up for sale, as well as get a PPI done along with that service, so that you can present that to a prospective buyer and get maximum $$ for a turnkey gem. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Final comment - BaT (bringatrailer.com) was mentioned and I think that's a very viable option for selling. They've moved a number of M coupes recently and the nicer ones have done quite well. Their auction feels are low ($99 to the seller and a capped low premium for the buyer) and the community there is very helpful in moving the auctions along. Check it out, read their terms, see what they're all about...

https://bringatrailer.com
Kevin - That is very valuable information, much appreciated.

07 Z4MC - VF570

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 11:36 PM   #12
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Let us know when you decide how to proceed. I want to follow its sale. Aim high! Bone stock and with that spec is bound to win somebody over, especially if they're set on Imola. Money isn't as important when a car checks every box on your wish list. Good luck!
      02-27-2019, 07:40 AM   #13
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post

Exactly what I was thinking, 35 firm if you want a relatively quick sale. Z4 M’s obviously don’t attract a wide buyer group but any serious buyer would respect that asking. Even if someone haggled can’t see you getting less than 34. If you’re in no rush I’d list at 39,995 knowing EAG would probably list at low 40s.

This all assumes no accident history, never tracked, all stock parts and decent main fence history...
      03-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #14
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
This all assumes no accident history, never tracked, all stock parts and decent main fence history...

Back on topic -- on the surface this looks like the nicest example I've seen in quite some time. Hang onto it for another month or so and let the weather warm up, then ask the big dollars already suggested here. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #15
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

For the cost of a Kia you get this?....I'd spend it on this.
      03-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #16
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

A minimalist life sounds pretty damn good, but I love these cars too much... even they are money pits

Good luck with the sale of that gorgeous car OP, I think what everyone said sounds about right. This one will definitely go to a nice home.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #17
parisontour
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BRZ, 97 TL1000S

In Virginia...

Hello NotAJock!

Absolutely beautiful car. I've been waiting patiently all day to be verified for the forum so that I could contact you.

Did you take those pics up on I-64 East heading towards Charlottesville? I am a Harrisonburg resident.

If you don't mind me asking, how serious are you about selling your car? I have been looking for a Z4 M Coupe for the last few months.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #18
parisontour
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BRZ, 97 TL1000S

Would it be ok if I sent you a PM?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #19
NotAJock
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, 35 firm if you want a relatively quick sale. Z4 M’s obviously don’t attract a wide buyer group but any serious buyer would respect that asking. Even if someone haggled can’t see you getting less than 34. If you’re in no rush I’d list at 39,995 knowing EAG would probably list at low 40s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Back on topic -- on the surface this looks like the nicest example I've seen in quite some time. Hang onto it for another month or so and let the weather warm up, then ask the big dollars already suggested here. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
For the cost of a Kia you get this?....I'd spend it on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
A minimalist life sounds pretty damn good, but I love these cars too much... even they are money pits

Good luck with the sale of that gorgeous car OP, I think what everyone said sounds about right. This one will definitely go to a nice home.
Thank you all for your input and for the affirmations. Hearing your words about not letting her go makes it very tempting to call this whole thing off but one must learn to let go in order to grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisontour View Post
Hello NotAJock!

Absolutely beautiful car. I've been waiting patiently all day to be verified for the forum so that I could contact you.

Did you take those pics up on I-64 East heading towards Charlottesville? I am a Harrisonburg resident.

If you don't mind me asking, how serious are you about selling your car? I have been looking for a Z4 M Coupe for the last few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisontour View Post
Would it be ok if I sent you a PM?
parisontour - You're good man

Yes the decision has been made. I am working on incorporating the advice I received on this thread and doing a couple more things to the car before putting up the listing.

P.S. That picture was taken at an overlook at Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park.

07 Z4MC - VF570

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:46 PM   #20
AndrewJM928
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Is this the very last Z4M Coupe? I remember that the last one built was Imola Red and was for sale at a BMW dealer in Charlottesville a few years ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #21
JimBob0047
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR

I just realized you are local, I think I've seen you driving around goose creek in Loudoun a few times. This is not good. 😁
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #22
NotAJock
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJM928 View Post
Is this the very last Z4M Coupe? I remember that the last one built was Imola Red and was for sale at a BMW dealer in Charlottesville a few years ago.
Just for fun, I dug up the Z4M production sheet and checked. Exactly 12 Imola coupes were produced that year, mine was #6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
I just realized you are local, I think I've seen you driving around goose creek in Loudoun a few times. This is not good. 😁
I just happen to live around that area. If the guy you saw was driving in a civilized manner then it was me. Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about .

07 Z4MC - VF570

Appreciate 0