ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Australia
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #89
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: R53 MCS

I won't steal his thunder! Better ask him lol! Mods for the 135?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #90
Nubzub
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Mmm.. Yeh Mmms.

Aww Dave, selling your car so soon already? It's only been 6 months!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #91
krusty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubzub View Post
That's very well spotted. Just found it on carsales.com.au -- the Imola Red M (1 of 6 in Oz).
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #92
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep

Haha. Well spotted! Need 4 seats! - I wasn't driving it daily until recently - and I really need the 4 seats. I drive it daily and it is difficult with two seats... and the small fuel tank!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #93
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Hello Nubzub,

Isn't yours on CarSales too?
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:41 AM   #94
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Ooohhh ANILE8, I see you got the 380mm STs on the front. Wish I'd done that in the end.

Here is my girl at SBM wearing slicks and TE37 SL's. Waiting for photos and video from Winton on the weekend.
Attached Images

2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #95
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_dave View Post
Haha. Well spotted! Need 4 seats! - I wasn't driving it daily until recently - and I really need the 4 seats. I drive it daily and it is difficult with two seats... and the small fuel tank!
I vote just get a cheapie for daily driving, and keep the Z4 for special.
2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #96
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMZ432 View Post
Ooohhh ANILE8, I see you got the 380mm STs on the front. Wish I'd done that in the end.

Here is my girl at SBM wearing slicks and TE37 SL's. Waiting for photos and video from Winton on the weekend.
Hello VMZ432,

Any reason you went with the 355mm kit on the front?

You must have 18" wheels right?
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #97
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I vote just get a cheapie for daily driving, and keep the Z4 for special.
I second that.

But I don't know his circumstances so maybe there are other considerations we are not aware of.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:13 AM   #98
Nubzub
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
Hello Nubzub,

Isn't yours on CarSales too?
Haha. Yeh, it's half heartedly on. Not that I'm actually planning to sell it.

Went with a few mates for drive to Kinglake on Saturday. Shabby weather, but boy it was enjoyable.

Pity they all Audi fanboys, of which I ain't.....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #99
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep

Three reasons I guess. I wasn't sure if I would one day move to track wheels where clearance would be an issue (not all 18" wheels fit the 380's as I understand it), I figured cooling might be less of an issue with a smaller disc, and to reduce rolling mass. The second two reasons were really only to justify the first one. But the Te37's I use as track wheels would clear anything, and the G2's are 19", so no issue there either. So in retrospect, I should have got the 380mm fronts. Still, not a big deal I guess. But if you ever find your fronts have been swapped for 355s by some b*stard, you know where to look.

Quote:
Hello VMZ432,

Any reason you went with the 355mm kit on the front?

You must have 18" wheels right?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:42 AM   #100
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Haha. Yeh, it's half heartedly on. Not that I'm actually planning to sell it.

Went with a few mates for drive to Kinglake on Saturday. Shabby weather, but boy it was enjoyable.

Pity they all Audi fanboys, of which I ain't.....
Was that on a special drive day or just with friends of yours?

I went for a short blast on Sunday to the Dandenongs, better weather I think.

Was testing out some increased negative camber settings I dialled in on Saturday before a proper four wheel alignment that I was booked in for on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 04:00 AM   #101
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep

I only have one garage spot and my gf's MCS is already on the street. Funnily enough my passenger mirror got screwed by some vandal on Brunswick St. last week - so it's been sitting in the garage since waiting for parts for repair. Totally miss driving the Z.

The MCS is a good daily and cheap to run but the Z leaves it for dead in sound/handling/acceleration - I used to think the MCS was fast lol!

Maybe I'll get the CDV and see if that makes it 'easier' to live with... also what version of the nav are you guys running? I think mine is the original - the phone module sucks ass as you have to scroll through individual names rather than letters to get to a particular number... anyone else have this problem?!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 04:03 AM   #102
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Three reasons I guess. I wasn't sure if I would one day move to track wheels where clearance would be an issue (not all 18" wheels fit the 380's as I understand it), I figured cooling might be less of an issue with a smaller disc, and to reduce rolling mass. The second two reasons were really only to justify the first one. But the Te37's I use as track wheels would clear anything, and the G2's are 19", so no issue there either. So in retrospect, I should have got the 380mm fronts. Still, not a big deal I guess. But if you ever find your fronts have been swapped for 355s by some b*stard, you know where to look.
Yes, you are correct. Not all 18" wheels will clear 380mm disc's.

For example the OEM wheels will not. Hell, they will not even clear the 355mm disc's with the StopTech kits as it is the calliper that hits the wheel well rather than the actual disc size being the problem.

With the deal you managed to score those Volk Racing VR.G2's for, I would not feel too bad if I was you. Hindsight is always 20/20, the amount of things I could have, or should done is endless.

When it is time to change your disc's you can order the 380mm disc's. You would also need two different mounting brackets for the front callipers if you change disc size but that is not a big deal. Z.R. will sort you out.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 04:03 AM   #103
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also looked at some 4 seat options last weekend. 1M looks like a kids car tbh. I'm sure it is fast but it is a little too 'aftermarket' I feel. There is one for sale 125k with air filter and ECU. Also looked at E90 M3 DCT - boy that thing sounds amazing!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 04:14 AM   #104
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I only have one garage spot and my gf's MCS is already on the street. Funnily enough my passenger mirror got screwed by some vandal on Brunswick St. last week - so it's been sitting in the garage since waiting for parts for repair. Totally miss driving the Z.
Wouldn't you just love to catch them doing it.

"Justifiable Homicide Your Honour"

Unfortunately that is the reality in this city. You cannot leave a nice vehicle unattended with confidence it will be in the same condition when you come back.

Vandals are among the lowest scum on the planet.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 05:06 AM   #105
Nubzub
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Was that on a special drive day or just with friends of yours?

I went for a short blast on Sunday to the Dandenongs, better weather I think.

Was testing out some increased negative camber settings I dialled in on Saturday before a proper four wheel alignment that I was booked in for on Monday.
Nah, not a special drive day, just with 3 other cars. Was meant to be a drive to Geelong for one of the guys to pick up a puppy, but they did it the night before, so we decided to hit up kinglake.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 05:12 AM   #106
Nubzub
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Also looked at some 4 seat options last weekend. 1M looks like a kids car tbh. I'm sure it is fast but it is a little too 'aftermarket' I feel. There is one for sale 125k with air filter and ECU. Also looked at E90 M3 DCT - boy that thing sounds amazing!
Isn't there an AW 1M on carsales going for 119k? Tbh, I wouldn't mind one... in VO.

I still prefer a stick over DCT. Tested DCT E90 M3 few months back, and just 3 weeks ago a manual E92 M3, cos he was looking for his first euro car coming up from a Honda Accord.

I still find the E90/92 M3 quite muted... must be personal preference. Guess the exhaust and air intake on the Z4M does have quite an effect on my tastes. The C63 sound is absolutely gorgeous. Even the X6M sounded more mean than the M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #107
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep

Quote:
When it is time to change your disc's you can order the 380mm disc's. You would also need two different mounting brackets for the front callipers if you change disc size but that is not a big deal. Z.R. will sort you out.
Yeah, good point. I'm hoping I won't need to change disc for some time tho. I might consider some additional brake cooling at some point. Only if I can block the ducts during normal street driving tho. SBM cut out the stock front ducts for me but FYI, that made no difference at all to cooling in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #108
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Isn't there an AW 1M on carsales going for 119k? Tbh, I wouldn't mind one... in VO.

I still prefer a stick over DCT. Tested DCT E90 M3 few months back, and just 3 weeks ago a manual E92 M3, cos he was looking for his first euro car coming up from a Honda Accord.

I still find the E90/92 M3 quite muted... must be personal preference. Guess the exhaust and air intake on the Z4M does have quite an effect on my tastes. The C63 sound is absolutely gorgeous. Even the X6M sounded more mean than the M3.
Saw on the 1 forum that you have gone to 1M camp!

I test drove the TTRS on Monday - nice looking car, a little bit of lag, steering/clutch/gearshift is too light it feels as if it is Japanese (not that there's anything wrong with that). TTS has way too much lag.

I've always thought about the 1M... dealer a few weeks ago said all gone!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #109
Nubzub
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Saw on the 1 forum that you have gone to 1M camp!

I test drove the TTRS on Monday - nice looking car, a little bit of lag, steering/clutch/gearshift is too light it feels as if it is Japanese (not that there's anything wrong with that). TTS has way too much lag.

I've always thought about the 1M... dealer a few weeks ago said all gone!
Haha, I'm keeping the Z4M still. The 1M is actually for a mate. He went back overseas just one day before I went to put down a deposit for him. But I'll be borrowing it for a while. If he does decide to pull out, I'll keep the allocation. Doubt he will though...

But yeh, it was hard to get hold of one. I got lucky with someone pulling out.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #110
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha, I'm keeping the Z4M still. The 1M is actually for a mate. He went back overseas just one day before I went to put down a deposit for him. But I'll be borrowing it for a while. If he does decide to pull out, I'll keep the allocation. Doubt he will though...

But yeh, it was hard to get hold of one. I got lucky with someone pulling out.
Haha I wish I had a mate like that! Good on ya. I am jeeping the Z - after driving a few others, there are faster cars, but none with the character/looks.

Might have to get the gf to upgrade the MINI for a 4 door/proper 4 seater!
Appreciate 0