ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
fyrmn681
Rep
Drives: 06 BWW Z4

Transport mode

My other post isn’t performing very well to get any answers on my water pump issue so I’m trying a different angle. I believe the car could possibly be in transport mode from what I have found on here. Can that keep my water pump bleed procedure from working?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
cahme
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i Sport MT

I almost asked you your other post ...
My experience is that transport mode did keep it from initiating the WP bleed procedure. I was able to use INPA for it though.

Months later I finally got transport mode deleted via ISTA+
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 10:52 PM   #3
fyrmn681
Rep

Thank you for your response. Can you clarify what those initials stood for. I’m a bit new to the BMW world but do have a mechanic background. Close to 15 years out of it though when I switched careers. One other huge question I need answered is if the water pump is made to run the entire time the car is on or does it cycle?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 12:22 AM   #4
cahme
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i Sport MT

Those are software packages used to diagnose these cars. They can be downloaded from here amount other places.
https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

INPA is part of Standard tools and may also need the Datums.
ISTA (aka ISTA+D) is Rheingold.
The readme files state how to install and setup.

I have a thread where I was diagnosing a WP issue and have some vids of INPA running which shows the. % or WP operation. It's the black bar top left in the video labeled "running". It also has a couple of vids where it was priming. Basically, during running it stays at 15% until it needs to cool and then shot up.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...highlight=Inpa

Keep in mind, those were when I had issues (and code) getting a good prime and kept having air cavitation issues which may have also been a side effect of transport mode.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 04:09 PM   #5
fyrmn681
Rep

I was able to get the car out of transport mode by using the Schwaben scanner that I found mentioned in another post. My water pump bleed process works now. Got a couple more things to address. My scanner isn’t communicating with the tire monitoring system and so far that light is stuck on.
Appreciate 0