ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #45
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
007MCoupe's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
1,546
Posts

Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ( ///// )

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
#10
KWV3's updated
are you still using them or am i waiting on the next set of springs you've used? lol i read an article on them a while back when i first got my M and was pretty much convinced they were what i would get when time came...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:57 PM   #46
skim
Captain
United_States
84
Rep
611
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4MC
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

shiet... VERY nice!! and i don't say this often on forums!!
__________________
Future mod consideration: exhaust, pulley
otherwise, very happy with how the m3 was born
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #47
FiveFiveSix
Enlisted Member
United_States
2
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orange County (So Cal)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
#2

I was very excited to make the switch from DPE bling, to the gunmetal CSL reps. They gave more of the factory motorsport look I was going for.

Sizes:
Front 19X8.5 et 40 w/ 245/35/19
Rear 19X10.0 et 25 w/ 275/30/19

This set-up was everything I was looking for. I picked up the wheel tire package from www.europeanautosource.com . The finish, and fitment was perfect.
Is this pic before or after the suspension mods? The stance looks awesome!!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #48
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
Dammmittt's Avatar
South Korea
156
Rep
4,333
Posts

Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Top Secret
I've got clearance ...PM me

Any DB reading on the exhaust?
__________________


07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 06:19 AM   #49
doozyj
Lieutenant
doozyj's Avatar
13
Rep
510
Posts

Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (8)

I love the TE37s! What are the correct offsets for the Z4M without having the roll or pull the fenders?

Car looks awesome, totally bad ass!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #50
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
are you still using them or am i waiting on the next set of springs you've used? lol i read an article on them a while back when i first got my M and was pretty much convinced they were what i would get when time came...
I highly recommend the KWV3ís. I sold my set awhile ago, but I believe there is a used set for sale in the classified section of this post right now.
I am currently running the KW Club Sports. The performance is better, but the ride comfort is not as good.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #51
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim View Post
shiet... VERY nice!! and i don't say this often on forums!!
Thanks man,
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #52
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveFiveSix View Post
Is this pic before or after the suspension mods? The stance looks awesome!!
Thanks, I like the stance in that shot too.

I installed the H&R springs and the CSL's the same day. I was in a mad rush to get it done berfore I brought the M to the local monthly car meet.

In that photo the M is useing factory struts with H&R springs. I should have switched mods two and three. Even though they the took place on the same day, It would have made more sense in this journal.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #53
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I've got clearance ...PM me

Any DB reading on the exhaust?
Didn't think #18 would get so much attention.

You guys will probably be disappointed once you find out what it is. It is more of a practical mod that really compliments and assists the other mods.

No DB reading on the exhaust, but I would be willing to get that info if I can find a place to do it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #54
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
007MCoupe's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
1,546
Posts

Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ( ///// )

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Didn't think #18 would get so much attention.

You guys will probably be disappointed once you find out what it is. It is more of a practical mod that really compliments and assists the other mods.

No DB reading on the exhaust, but I would be willing to get that info if I can find a place to do it.
oh, see i was just going to get on here and say i had it figured out! lol unless 21 'ESS' is your supercharger....hahaha
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #55
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozyj View Post
I love the TE37s! What are the correct offsets for the Z4M without having the roll or pull the fenders?

Car looks awesome, totally bad ass!
Thanks for the compliment.

It will depend on the suspension set up you run.

With the H&R springs I ran the following with very minor rub on the plastic liner to the rear fenders:

Front 19X8.5 et 40 w/ 245/35/19 tires
Rear 19x10 et 25 w/ 275/30/19 tires

The rubbing in the rear would only happen when the suspension was under full compression in tight turns at high speed.

The front offsets I am running now are good as long as you have camber plates, and use at least -2.5 degrees. Without the more aggressive camber adjustment these fronts will rub. With the camber adjustment, there is no rubbing at all.

Current front set-up: 19x8.5 et 30 w/ 245/35/19 tires.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #56
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
oh, see i was just going to get on here and say i had it figured out! lol unless 21 'ESS' is your supercharger....hahaha
Good guess, but not it. I will keep updating the mods, so the cat will be out of the bag soon.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #57
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
007MCoupe's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
1,546
Posts

Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ( ///// )

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Good guess, but not it. I will keep updating the mods, so the cat will be out of the bag soon.
no worries...just excited to read on...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #58
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
no worries...just excited to read on...
Glad you are enjoying the post. If you have any feedback on the format, let me know. I am hoping this thread will gernerate some good information, and help others out when modding their cars.



Just updated #11 and #12
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #59
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
Blind32's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
1,325
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas TX

iTrader: (2)

This thread is EPIC! I love what you are doing with it. Amazing work and amazing car! I've never seen these pictures before but they look great!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #60
DanMcoupe
Private
DanMcoupe's Avatar
10
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: 2006 Red Mcoupe/2012 AW 535
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
This thread is EPIC! I love what you are doing with it. Amazing work and amazing car! I've never seen these pictures before but they look great!
+1.
I'm new.
I'm learning alots from these Threads and Others.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #61
krnnerdboy
Colonel
krnnerdboy's Avatar
United_States
186
Rep
2,431
Posts

Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

iTrader: (10)

"3. There is a danger of punching yourself in the face when your remove the shift knob."

LOL. I just woke my baby after reading that.... Nice thread BTW. Perhaps I will start one to inform others in the community as well!!
__________________

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #62
SlikM
First Lieutenant
SlikM's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
335
Posts

Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

iTrader: (2)

your car has been my wallpaper for months now (pre black grills) and i was thinking how nice it would look with the black grills!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #63
jdl1pt
Lieutenant
21
Rep
494
Posts

Drives: Z4M coupe 2007 IL Blue
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (5)

Love the journal, very nice work! Just got my Z4M coupe in IL blue about a month ago and now have something to aspire too.

Wanted to thank you for posting the pics of the rpi exhaust...had been searching for a pic. The tips look bad ass, and I can't believe how much lighter they are.

my guess for #18, not sure if it's is technically a mod but is it the cdv delete?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #64
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
This thread is EPIC! I love what you are doing with it. Amazing work and amazing car! I've never seen these pictures before but they look great!
Thanks for the compliments, I am glad you are enjoying the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcoupe View Post
+1.
I'm new.
I'm learning alots from these Threads and Others.
Welcome to Zpost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
"3. There is a danger of punching yourself in the face when your remove the shift knob."

LOL. I just woke my baby after reading that.... Nice thread BTW. Perhaps I will start one to inform others in the community as well!!
Sorry about waking the baby. I figured I had to put that warning in there. As you may have guessed, I am speaking from experience. When I removed the original knob, I cracked myself right in the chin.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #65
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
your car has been my wallpaper for months now (pre black grills) and i was thinking how nice it would look with the black grills!
Wow, that is a huge compliment; I really appreciate it.

As some sort of hobby, I am aspiring to become better at photography. I am a long way from where I would like to be, but I am learning as I go. Just out of curiosity, which photo were you using?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #66
crfine88
Colonel
crfine88's Avatar
421
Rep
2,747
Posts

Drives: E86M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cave Creek AZ.

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1pt View Post
Love the journal, very nice work! Just got my Z4M coupe in IL blue about a month ago and now have something to aspire too.

Wanted to thank you for posting the pics of the rpi exhaust...had been searching for a pic. The tips look bad ass, and I can't believe how much lighter they are.

my guess for #18, not sure if it's is technically a mod but is it the cdv delete?
Congrats on the coupe!
It has been the best car I have owned.

The RPI tips are insane. I really like the look too.

#18 is way too practical a mod, you guys are going to be dissapointed. The CDV was a good guess though.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST