ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-26-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Help Diagnose CEL Bulb Out on Cluster

I have a bizarre issue that I cant figure out. I went to a local inspection facility to get my emissions renewed but was surprised to hear that I failed... not b/c of any OBD monitors readiness or aftermarket cats. The issue was that my CEL dash bulb was not functioning, mind you there were no actual codes to set it off. But the operator will flip the ignition key on/off to see the dash lights are working as they should. Every other light worked except the CEL.

I've checked all the fuses and they all seem fine. Are the codes I'm seeing not related? Is it possible that the short from few months ago damaged the CEL bulb (and only that bulb and no others) on the cluster?

Edit
Seems to be tune related. Flashing back to factory shows the SES light working. Need to talk to my tuner to see if he can enable the SES light for the header tune.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 06-27-2020 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0