ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-27-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
CharlieDog
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Need seat covers for our 2003 Z4 2.5i roadster

Suggestions please for seat covers for our 2003 2.5i. It has what BMW laughingly calls leatherette covers, really just coarse vinyl-it's slippery and it doesn't breathe. Hate it but love the car otherwise.

Need something compatible with the seat belt loops and manual controls for seat adjustments-that breathes and is not slippery. TIA.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I got some custom seat covers by CoverKing in Spacer Mesh material for my X3 black leather front seats to use through the summer. Very breathable, excellent fit and all controls accessible. I ordered them through costco for $100 a pair. Took a couple weeks to arrive since they're made to order.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

coverking are nice.. i just got a set for my mdx, front and back.. form fitting and have all the holes to mount kids seat... I got the neosupreme ones

i have kids and and mother in law thinks my back seats is a buffet table.. food everywhere, food stuck to everything.. nasty as fk... last straw was melted chocolate on leather seat for weeks..

mine looks like that
      07-29-2019, 09:50 AM   #4
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

These were posted some where and I have kept the link:

https://www.lseat.com/products/2004-...QqQaAvHx8P8HAQ

Hmm, it does not show 2003 but I am pretty sure there was not a difference between 2003 and 2004 for seats.

Steve
Appreciate 1
T-Bears42.50
      07-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
CharlieDog
Rep

Thanks for all the replies. I did go with the CoverKing Spacer Mesh. I've watched the videos and am pretty sure I can install them myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #6
hikarateboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I did go with the CoverKing Spacer Mesh. I've watched the videos and am pretty sure I can install them myself.
I just ordered a set of these for my Z4. How did they work out? Any pics you could share?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #7
CharlieDog
Rep

It's been awhile, but IIRC I didn't have much trouble installing the covers. If you haven't already, watch the videos. I did not remove the guide brackets for the shoulder belts. After the head rests are removed, there is a Torx screw accessed. Removing that allows the shoulder belt to be removed completely. Removed the seats-which allowed me to clean thoroughly under them, after all I did buy the vehicle used.
The covers had openings with finished edges around the guides and so far have worked great. The seam for that trim is on the backside of the guide on the right seat, but on the front of thee guide on the left seat, and my only real complaint is it's starting to fray from the belt rubbing on it.
The covers are not as breathable as I hoped they would be and are also a bit slipperier than I thought they would be, but over all not too bad. The blue color does give the interior some life and matches the blue in the BMW emblem.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 07:30 PM   #8
BobR07Z
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
These were posted some where and I have kept the link:

https://www.lseat.com/products/2004-...QqQaAvHx8P8HAQ

Hmm, it does not show 2003 but I am pretty sure there was not a difference between 2003 and 2004 for seats.

Steve
Just ordered a set for my Z4, they look like a quality make and am looking forward to getting them. I'll post the end results, thanks for the link.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 11:25 AM   #9
BobR07Z
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4

I got the new seat covers from "Lseat" .com, and had them installed. I'm very pleased with the seat cover quality, fit and finish, on a scale of 1-10, I'd say they're a 9 overall. The cost was reasonable, If you look closely you can see the blue stitching. They look better in person but here are some pictures. I saved the original covers and will post them for sale as well. Great condition, just didn't like the material.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00