ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
BobbyDee
Private
Rep
Drives: z4 E85

Cool First Euro Car, New Member

A brief introduction about myself, Im a college student, and I work really hard for the things I buy (mommy and daddy doesn't support my car hobby, so its all my money for cars and car parts).
So, Ive have had 5 cars in total, including the z4.
1995 Toyota Paseo (Totaled by a Hit N Run, Car was parked)
1991 Toyota Camry (Sold this car to buy something more decent)
2000 Toyota Celica (Sold this car because it wasn't what I actually wanted)
2002 Acura RSX (Sold this car because I wanted a Standard transmission)
2004 BMW z4 (Wanted a nice convertible for Cali weather, Manual Trans, and a sleek car that the young college girls would turns their head and be like, "HEYY!!!"

So at the age of 21, I purchased my first euro car after being with Japanese for 4 years

P.S. was either choosing from s2000 or a z4, I would be happy with either of the 2, so i flipped the coin and destiny took me to Euro instead of Japanese.

Pictures Below are from the beginning to present. From RSX to z4.
Attached Images

BMW E85, aFe Cold Air, Remus Exhaust, ZHP Performance Knob, Wet Okole Customs Covers, BBS LM Reps, Hamann Style Carbon Fiber Lip, VMS Carbon Fiber Antenna, MatteBlk/GunMetal Kidney Grills, Mechunik TowHook License Plate, WeissLicht LED License Plate
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

After driving the Z4, MPG was obviously not the same as my RSX, so first thing was to buy was an intake. After doing vigorous research on the aFe Cold Air, Ive decided to save up money and actually buy it. It was pretty expensive, but in my mind, there has to be a good reason why they are expensive, not because it just has metal plates and a filter, but the way they are engineered.
Anyway, it was really easy to install and it has a cool whistle noise to it. To early to tell about MPG.
Attached Images

BMW E85, aFe Cold Air, Remus Exhaust, ZHP Performance Knob, Wet Okole Customs Covers, BBS LM Reps, Hamann Style Carbon Fiber Lip, VMS Carbon Fiber Antenna, MatteBlk/GunMetal Kidney Grills, Mechunik TowHook License Plate, WeissLicht LED License Plate
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

- I wanted to get rid of my ugly yellow front lights and yellow license plate light, so i got 55watt 6k HIDS + Error Code Cancellors. Along with "WeissLicht LED License Plate" from Bimmian. (Picture for some reason appear blue but its white with like the slightest hint of a blue tint, but mostly white.) But overall, VERY VERY pleased with the results. VERY BRIGHT.

-The front of my car seemed like it could have been more aggressive, so I added a Carbon Fiber Hamman style front lip.

-I live in an area where front license plate laws are very strict. The z4 apparently didnt have any holes for the front license plate to be insert. So i went on bimmian.com and purchased a tow hook side license plate. It took a moment for the look to grow on me, but i like it.

- I changed the front kidney grills to a different color pattern, in my opinion the chrome/black, didn't really show the grills as much, and would make it worse if i got them all black, like most people on this forum. So i got a hold of a different color OEM Kidney grill, and painted the rim of it Black (Plasti Dip)
In conclusion, I wanted a more update look with the more "noticable" grill
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

For some reason, Im a huge fan of the carbon fiber pattern so I went and purchased, Carbon Fiber BMW Roundels. It came with a complete set, so all my logos have carbon fiber pattern all around, even the wheels.
no more blue, hello carbon fiber! Didnt take pictures off all the logos but you know where im coming from.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

After alot of decisions, I wanted some new rims, but the rims I want are about $2800-$3500, and being a college student, it was hard to blow that kind of money on just wheels. So I decided to go with these BBS LM Reps, I always admired this look and I would say it fit really nice with my car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

Next, I wanted my car to sound a bit beefier than stock. I wanted to buy a High end exhaust, and just did not want Borla or Magnaflow. I was going to go quad exhaust but didn't think it would go good knowing my car isnt really an
"///M"
So another vigorous research on Remus and SuperSprint. Bought the remus, heard reviews that it wasn't as loud, so I tried selling it (never mounted, brand new). Than a friend of mine convinced me to keep it, and what got me to keep it was:

1. No drone
2. 30-40% louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud
3. Cops in Cali are dicks, trust me DICKS, would pull me over for a loud exhaust and fixing ticket right away.
4. I love carbon fiber, and these tips are AWESOME!

So, after I installed them, I guess the people on the forums were right. Its not as loud as you expect it, but its GREAT. Will provide a video later.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

So after all these cosmetic and performance change, my car looks like this now.
Hopefully I will have more money to add other things on the future. This car is awesome!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
newbizie
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0i

nice work man im diggin the grill i might steal your idea im a big plati dip fan myself but i really want to hear how that exhaust sounds....
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbizie
nice work man im diggin the grill i might steal your idea im a big plati dip fan myself but i really want to hear how that exhaust sounds....
What exactly are you going to plastidip? Except the grills?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 06:11 AM   #10
newbizie
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0i

I already dip'd my wheels and tailights pics are in the wheels section, i have been using dip now for about two years completely transformed an excursion i had if i can find pics ill post em
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #11
BobbyDee
Private
Rep

Recent Add Ons

- I was influenced by another forum member about "Wet Okole" Seat covers, so i went and decided to purchase these custom seat covers for $284. Now if your a person who really likes their leather this isn't for you, they are made of wet suit material "neoprene." Overall, Im happy about the fitment/looks and the fact they install it for free for you. I gave them a generous tip of course. Hopefully my color combo doesn't make my interior look odd.

- Got Wheels locks, cause people in my neighborhood (determined thieves) would even go all out to steal my reps, that's how sad it is living here.

- Got a ZHP Knob and I can see why everyone in the forums talks about this wonderful knob. Got new ///M floor matts. (I know my car isn't a z4///M but i try to replicate a "M-Sport Pkg" to my car)

- Got a carbon fiber short antenna, replacing the old whip-like antenna.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0