ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2021, 08:47 AM   #133
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32112
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Sir Lewis Signs. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
irunalot615.50
yco4455.00
minn1910195.50
      02-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #134
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32883
Rep
17,328
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
*They way they chose him? by screwing him over with pathetic wheel change muddle at Sakhir, truly the sign of a professional team Not.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick17797.00
      02-08-2021, 09:03 AM   #135
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32112
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Max had 2 chances to drive for Mercedes and turned them down. This is a fact. The only chicken involved is Verstappen and Company. They wanted nothing to do with Lewis.

"Racing with Lewis wouldn't be good for my career at this point." -M. Verstappen circa 2017.

Chicken, thy name is Max.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
dbarton621205.50
minn1910195.50
      02-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #136
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32883
Rep
17,328
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Uh huh
.
Attached Images
  
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick17797.00
      02-08-2021, 09:19 AM   #137
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17797
Rep
9,299
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Max had 2 chances to drive for Mercedes and turned them down. This is a fact. The only chicken involved is Verstappen and Company. They wanted nothing to do with Lewis.

"Racing with Lewis wouldn't be good for my career at this point." -M. Verstappen circa 2017.

Chicken, thy name is Max.
You yourself have hailed 'King HAM' so if that's the case or GOAT etc then you wouldn't like to see Max sidelined like BOT would you. As you said two into one doesn't go in Merc so...wolf man would let Max win?
I would say a great executive decision taken by Max and co at the time

Last edited by M5Rick; 02-08-2021 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 09:22 AM   #138
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17797
Rep
9,299
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
.
Nice shades on him my friend, they are almost rose tinted and not quite easy rider style
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #139
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32112
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
You yourself have hailed 'King HAM' so if that's the case or GOAT etc then you wouldn't like to see Max sidelined like BOT would you. As you said two into one doesn't go in Merc so...wolf man would let Max win?
I would say a great executive decision taken by Max and co at the time
Chicken. Not an executive decision. Sir Lewis has taken on and beaten 3 WDC partners. Verstappen was beaten by RIC and raced against 2 other shrubs.

Chicken.

__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 01:13 PM   #140
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17797
Rep
9,299
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^ It's HAM that'll be clucking when Max finishes with him but of course we both know it's dependent on available equipment which is looking more promising for RB than last year..that is unless Merc have been back to nasa for some more undisclosed help.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 01:19 PM   #141
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32883
Rep
17,328
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Nice shades on him my friend, they are almost rose tinted and not quite easy rider style
Lipstick as well !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17797.00
DrFerry1122.50
      02-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #142
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32883
Rep
17,328
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Chicken. Not an executive decision. Sir Lewis has taken on and beaten 3 WDC partners. Verstappen was beaten by RIC and raced against 2 other shrubs.

Chicken.

Rosberg is a reminder my friend !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17797.00
DrFerry1122.50
      02-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #143
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17797
Rep
9,299
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Rosberg is a reminder my friend !
He did a finger point at Max in the shape of a gun once on the podium which I thought was disrespectful, also taking his winning trophy at Silverstone when most were celebrating was pilfering and to claim he is an 'ambassador' of the sport is simply laughable.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #144
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17797
Rep
9,299
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Lipstick as well !
Be doing the eyebrows next.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 03:19 PM   #145
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32112
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
^ It's HAM that'll be clucking when Max finishes with him but of course we both know it's dependent on available equipment which is looking more promising for RB than last year..that is unless Merc have been back to nasa for some more undisclosed help.
You are really funny. Do you realize that Sir Lewis won 2 races and scored 4 pole positions in the objectively verified 6th fastest car on the grid in 2009?

Say it out loud very slowly. That is the average number of races VER wins with never-less-than-the 3rd fastest car.

No matter how you attempt to chalk it up, the only place that Max is faster than Sir Lewis is crashing into a wall or in his, and the rest of his fans, such at yourself's mind.

Mediocre drivers achieve mediocre results.

I now refer you to my signature.

That is all.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #146
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32112
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Rosberg is a reminder my friend !
Reminder of what? How reliability can win a WDC? Sir Lewis was leading in Malaysia by 15+ seconds when the engine let go.

ROS didn't WIN the championship, reliability did.

And...in all the years they raced together, this was the ONLY time ROS has beaten Sir Lewis. You are hanging your hat on the hook of failure.

He was successful in beating Sir Lewis 6.7% of the time over their career.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #147
Autobacs
Lieutenant
Autobacs's Avatar
467
Rep
402
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You are really funny. Do you realize that Sir Lewis won 2 races and scored 4 pole positions in the objectively verified 6th fastest car on the grid in 2009?

Say it out loud very slowly. That is the average number of races VER wins with never-less-than-the 3rd fastest car.

No matter how you attempt to chalk it up, the only place that Max is faster than Sir Lewis is crashing into a wall or in his, and the rest of his fans, such at yourself's mind.

Mediocre drivers achieve mediocre results.

I now refer you to my signature.

That is all.
Where is this objective verification of F1 Cars? i would like to see it, specifically for 2010 to 2013.
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Elite Prime
2013 Lexus 450H
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 03:39 PM   #148
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32883
Rep
17,328
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Reminder of what? How reliability can win a WDC? Sir Lewis was leading in Malaysia by 15+ seconds when the engine let go.

ROS didn't WIN the championship, reliability did.

And...in all the years they raced together, this was the ONLY time ROS has beaten Sir Lewis. You are hanging your hat on the hook of failure.

He was successful in beating Sir Lewis 6.7% of the time over their career.
My friend . My point is : "One of them" I mean one of the two had to win the WDC anyway .

My point is once again : "The advantage of the Mercs spaceship"
A decade .................................................. .............................
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17797.00
DrFerry1122.50
      02-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #149
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32883
Rep
17,328
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
He did a finger point at Max in the shape of a gun once on the podium which I thought was disrespectful, also taking his winning trophy at Silverstone when most were celebrating was pilfering and to claim he is an 'ambassador' of the sport is simply laughable.
My friend , you nailed it as usual !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17797.00
DrFerry1122.50
      02-08-2021, 03:58 PM   #150
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32112
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Where is this objective verification of F1 Cars? i would like to see it, specifically for 2010 to 2013.
"The 2007 McLaren MP4-22 had a 0.205% advantage over Ferrari and is arguably the greatest McLaren not to win a title. The drivers' crown was lost partly thanks to the fierce rivalry between new star signing Alonso, the reigning world champion, and rookie sensation Lewis Hamilton.

The car did score more points than any other during the season, but McLaren's constructors' tally was lost as part of the fallout from the 'Spygate' scandal. The $100million fine would also have longer-term repercussions on the team's ability to invest in new facilities.

In 2008 McLaren was 0.059% behind Ferrari and failed to take the constructors' title but was close enough for Hamilton to pip Felipa Massa for the drivers' accolade. To date, that is the last title McLaren has won, though it would remain competitive for four more seasons.

McLaren missed the double diffuser trick of the new 2009 regulations and started the season poorly. But it recovered well and, though the MP4-24 was only sixth fastest in F1's closest season on raw pace, McLaren took third in the points table.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...claren-revival
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
yco4455.00
      02-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #151
Autobacs
Lieutenant
Autobacs's Avatar
467
Rep
402
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Do you have the data and basis of how Autosport arrived at their conclusion?

Is this an assessment the basis of which there is a consensus by F1 Engineers is accurate and objective?

Just asking the relevant questions because I would like to see the assessments for the 2010-2031 F1 cars, if they are objective enough to base assumptions on.
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Elite Prime
2013 Lexus 450H
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #152
StatenEye
This is actually me below \/
StatenEye's Avatar
United_States
612
Rep
2,865
Posts

Drives: X5M F85
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SI NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [4.50]
2008 BMW E60 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Exactly the same reason why I think RB picked Max over Ricciardo.

Now Bernie Ecclestone gets in the act regarding the alleged "no Verstappen clause" in Hamilton's contract. If true, apparently Hamilton has a very healthy respect to Max, maybe more so than in this forum
Maybe he doesn't want a reckless teammate?
__________________
...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #153
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32112
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Do you have the data and basis of how Autosport arrived at their conclusion?

Is this an assessment the basis of which there is a consensus by F1 Engineers is accurate and objective?

Just asking the relevant questions because I would like to see the assessments for the 2010-2031 F1 cars, if they are objective enough to base assumptions on.
I don't have their methodologies but Autosport is a pretty trusted source for F1 news and information.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 08:06 PM   #154
Autobacs
Lieutenant
Autobacs's Avatar
467
Rep
402
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Maybe he doesn't want a reckless teammate?

I think you are spot on right there. Stupid Toto even considering Max.
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Elite Prime
2013 Lexus 450H

Last edited by Autobacs; 02-08-2021 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer32111.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST