ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: What year will VER win his first WDC in Formula One?
2021 17 17.89%
2022 4 4.21%
2023 15 15.79%
2024 1 1.05%
2025 0 0%
2026 or beyond 1 1.05%
Not happening until HAM retires... 57 60.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

03-23-2021, 06:17 AM   #287
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

People also seem to forget Ham asking to get by Bottas to chase down the guy in front. Then gave the position back when he was unable to.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      03-23-2021, 06:28 AM   #288
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
He's good at switching to the then most tech advanced teams.

Ham's wins*

*Driver was the beneficiary of significant technological "steroids" compared to peers.
Did you not see his record that I placed up at McLaren or are you being deliberately obtuse?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 06:43 AM   #289
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
[Hamilton is] good at switching to the then most tech advanced teams.
Its true that Hamiltons switch to Mercedes was a gamble that played out especially well for him...but most peoples at the time though he was crazy to move from McLaren to a team that wasn't performing particularly well.
Alonso took the same gamble with his move to McLaren that didn't pay off at all.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      03-23-2021, 08:48 AM   #290
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Its true that Hamiltons switch to Mercedes was a gamble that played out especially well for him...but most peoples at the time though he was crazy to move from McLaren to a team that wasn't performing particularly well.
Alonso took the same gamble with his move to McLaren that didn't pay off at all.
Do you remember so many saying it was the end of his career? The end of everything?

I got pilloried about my support but I spent the German GP of 2012 with the team and saw what they were building back then. I knew after that week that Lewis made the best decision possible and the rest would be history. Their commitment was unshakable as was their resolve. They only had one goal. Winning. They quietly put together the best team by slowly poaching the best talent from other teams.

They misdirected the world by letting everyone think it was the engine when it was the entire package with the suspension being the covert star of the show.

This is why I find the either foolishness hilarious. Mercedes has built a winning team through relentless excellence, positive culture, and good old hard work. They don't worry about what other teams are doing and set the standard on their own. This is why they will continue to win. All horses are pulling in the same direction. And they have a single goal. Win.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2021, 08:51 AM   #291
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Do you remember so many saying it was the end of his career? The end of everything?

I got pilloried about my support but I spent the German GP of 2012 with the team and saw what they were building back then. I knew after that week that Lewis made the best decision possible and the rest would be history. Their commitment was unshakable as was their resolve. They only had one goal. Winning. They quietly put together the best team by slowly poaching the best talent from other teams.

They misdirected the world by letting everyone think it was the engine when it was the entire package with the suspension being the covert star of the show.

This is why I find the either foolishness hilarious. Mercedes has built a winning team through relentless excellence, positive culture, and good old hard work. They don't worry about what other teams are doing and set the standard on their own. This is why they will continue to win. All horses are pulling in the same direction. And they have a single goal. Win.
"We don't look to the left or to the right. We only look ahead" - Toto Wolff (paraphrased)
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
Ngilbe361618.50
      03-23-2021, 10:11 AM   #292
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
After being stuck on a count of 3 for Max winning in 2021, it seems that testing has brought up the total by 67% to 5.

I, for one, can't wait for the fight and relish the opportunity to see how the first race goes.

Note: Mercedes was running over 60KG of fuel and RBR was running about 40KG during testing.

Looking forward to the contest!!
Here I said why Mercedes had to fill the fuel tank completely => # 133 https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...2#post27349182

It was to stop HAM's gravel dance ....

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60013.50
      03-23-2021, 10:29 AM   #293
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Here I said why Mercedes had to fill the fuel tank completely => # 133 https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...2#post27349182

It was to stop HAM's gravel dance ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I mentioned it in my post 286 also.
They always did this throughout testing over the years. It's not new.

Journalists.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 10:33 AM   #294
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Did you not see his record that I placed up at McLaren or are you being deliberately obtuse?
I don't know what to tell you . Regardless of whether he was at Mercedes or McLaren, he has had superior technology on both teams. You can quote W/L until you're blue in the face, but your GOAT or "better than X" argument fails before it starts. Sure, the statistics bolster your opinion to an extent, but nowhere near as much as you think they do.

Swap Hamilton into a Haas...does he win? No. Better yet...swap him into a Williams...does he win? No.

Swap George Russell into a Mercedes...does he win? Yep, first time out.

You cannot say Hamilton is the Goat or better than unless you can reconcile the above discrepancy. Technology is better my friend. That's Hamilton's PRIMARY reason for winning.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60013.50
243Racing1447.50
      03-23-2021, 10:50 AM   #295
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you . Regardless of whether he was at Mercedes or McLaren, he has had superior technology on both teams. You can quote W/L until you're blue in the face, but your GOAT or "better than X" argument fails before it starts. Sure, the statistics bolster your opinion to an extent, but nowhere near as much as you think they do.

Swap Hamilton into a Haas...does he win? No. Better yet...swap him into a Williams...does he win? No.

You cannot say Hamilton is the Goat or better than unless you can reconcile the above discrepancy. Technology is better my friend. That's Hamilton's PRIMARY reason for winning.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2021, 11:10 AM   #296
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
They always did this throughout testing over the years. It's not new.

Journalists.
Well my good friend , we'll see that next Sunday when the W12 fuel tank runs lighter during the last 20-25 laps of the race .
Full race = 57 laps ! => This track is actually a rat wheel !

Note : The RB16B looked planted like it ran on train rails .And it didn't matter how much fuel was in the tank .
Because MAX ran 139 laps in his first session on Friday during the sand storm .
That's not too bad ....

According R. Schumacher and N. Rosberg , HAM should be *very worried about MAX in his '21 RB16B !

96 hours to go.....And the lights go out !

Snapshot from "Drive To Survive"
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60013.50
      03-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #297
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Sucks to be all those other drivers who can't showcase talent. Therefore, the winner must be the best.

You can't argue the opposite that any other driver is as good as or better than Ham because they can't beat him over the course of a year, year after year after year.
Appreciate 2
Steeler2427.50
MKSixer34184.50
      03-23-2021, 11:21 AM   #298
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Mate . Your post is the translation from at least 100 posts from me .
Well said ! And you are welcome

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60013.50
      03-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #299
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

OMG. You're hilarious. Please explain his single season in GP2.

And in 2009 HAM won in the 6th fastest car on the grid as verified by, you know, math. In fact, he has more pole positions in the 6th fastest car in 1 year, four, than the Pretender has in his whole career.

Hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 01:04 PM   #300
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

OMG. You're hilarious. Please explain his single season in GP2.

And in 2009 HAM won in the 6th fastest car on the grid as verified by, you know, math. In fact, he has more pole positions in the 6th fastest car in 1 year, four, than the Pretender has in his whole career.

Hilarious.
You're one of the most articulate and insightful members on here, but man you're like a dog with a bone. I'm not even talking about Verstappen anymore. I'm pretty sure you know how respectful discourse should carry out. We've both stated our opinions and reasons for those opinions.

Agree to disagree. You can't will everyone to believe what you believe. Not even with your forum signature.

If you tell me Bonds is the home run king, I'll disagree.

If you tell me the Astros from a few year back are the champions, I'll disagree.

If you tell me Marion Jones is a record holding sprinter, I'll disagree.

In my opinion HAM is a talented driver but has won the number of races that he has by virtue of being on the best teams...in an extremely unequal playing field. Would he win with other teams? Sure? Nearly as much? No way. Again an opinion with which many agree.

MKSixer is not a clairvoyant who knows the absolute truth. Calm down.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
      03-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #301
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Swap cars !!!
It was requested by MAX .

Sadly Mercedes dodged the challenge !

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
DrFerry6728.50
      03-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #302
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
You're one of the most articulate and insightful members on here, but man you're like a dog with a bone. I'm not even talking about Verstappen anymore. I'm pretty sure you know how respectful discourse should carry out. We've both stated our opinions and reasons for those opinions.

Agree to disagree. You can't will everyone to believe what you believe. Not even with your forum signature.

If you tell me the Astros from a few year back are the champions, I'll disagree.

In my opinion HAM is a talented driver but has won the number of races that he has by virtue of being on the best teams...in an extremely unequal playing field. Would he win with other teams? Sure? Nearly as much? No way. Again an opinion with which many agree.

I appreciate the plaudits. You're kind. I'm very passionate about everything I do. Additionally, I have spent time with a couple of teams and correspond regularly with a TP of a top team.

Yes, you do have your opinion but it differs from the professionals actually working in F1.

I will agree to disagree with you. It doesn't change the fact that my statements are based on facts which may be validated and yours, like the top two Verstappen apologists, is based on conjecture and innuendo.

Thanks and have a lovely day!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #303
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep

Quote:
Swap cars !!!

There it is.

Rowdy Burns (Lewis Hamilton) is just scared of Cole Trickle (Max Verstappen). Hell Rowdy Burns is scared of Russ Wheeler (George Russell) lol.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #304
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Swap cars !!!

The offer was there and Wolff huffed and puffed it away because of 'operational difficulties'
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2021, 01:52 PM   #305
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
The offer was there and Wolff huffed and puffed it away because of 'operational difficulties'
If HAM would have said "YES" The Wolff followed on a leash my friend .

But HAM was chicken to lose his 7WC status and market value...In the fastest car of the decade !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
DrFerry6728.50
      03-23-2021, 01:56 PM   #306
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate the plaudits. You're kind. I'm very passionate about everything I do. Additionally, I have spent time with a couple of teams and correspond regularly with a TP of a top team.

Yes, you do have your opinion but it differs from the professionals actually working in F1.

I will agree to disagree with you. It doesn't change the fact that my statements are based on facts which may be validated and yours, like the top two Verstappen apologists, is based on conjecture and innuendo.

Thanks and have a lovely day!
Perfect.

It is conjecture and innuendo that:
1) Mercedes has more money, engineering capability, political capital, and sponsors than teams like Haas.
2) not all Hamilton's wins are real wins, influenced by fairy tales like "team orders", luck, reliability and so forth and other things directly tied to 1)

3) History w/r/t 1) and 2) in F1 repeats itself, like with Schumacher's Ferrari days

It is also conjecture and innuendo to conclude on the basis of the foregoing that someone other than Hamilton, whether it's Verstappen, Senna, Schumacher or Russell may be better drivers.

It is NOT conjecture and innuendo, however, to conclude to that GOAT status should be deduced solely from official statistics, to the exclusion of any other variables that materially impact that analysis.

I need to stop reading between the lines. Like Vin Diesel said, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
      03-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #307
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
There it is.

Rowdy Burns (Lewis Hamilton) is just scared of Cole Trickle (Max Verstappen). Hell Rowdy Burns is scared of Russ Wheeler (George Russell) lol.
Russell was sabotaged by Toto Wolff !

It looked so easy for Russell ,let's say too easy !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
DrFerry6728.50
      03-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #308
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
There it is.

Russell was sabotaged by Toto Wolff !
And you know what else? You never let me win! -cal Naughton Jr.
Appreciate 1