ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #23
allinon72
Major
allinon72's Avatar
United_States
1312
Rep
1,287
Posts

Drives: 15' M3, 12' Raptor, 17' X1
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (0)

Why would you even consider such a device on a performance car?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #24
zx10guy
Colonel
2060
Rep
2,277
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

I find it interesting insurance companies don't offer discounts on driving skill improvements which make a bigger difference than these stupid monitoring devices.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #25
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1606
Rep
2,417
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I find it interesting insurance companies don't offer discounts on driving skill improvements which make a bigger difference than these stupid monitoring devices.
Because there is more revenue from selling your info than reducing actuarial risk. Iím sure they ran the numbers.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #26
zx10guy
Colonel
2060
Rep
2,277
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Because there is more revenue from selling your info than reducing actuarial risk. Iím sure they ran the numbers.
My remark was part sarcastic as we know in the end it's not about maximizing safety on the road.

This is same thing years ago when insurance companies were providing radar guns to police departments under the guise of increasing safety on the roads.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 12:46 PM   #27
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1606
Rep
2,417
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
My remark was part sarcastic as we know in the end it's not about maximizing safety on the road.

This is same thing years ago when insurance companies were providing radar guns to police departments under the guise of increasing safety on the roads.
Exactly, as if speed enforcement is for safety lol.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST