ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #177
RustySeatbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
The only shipping company I've ever had a positive experience with has been Executive Auto Shippers, which is Professional Auto Shippers now. Drivers have always been prompt and professional with no damage ever done to my cars. With other companies I've had damage done, cars show up a week late, drivers be unresponsive, etc. Since using PAS I've never had an issue. I'd highly recommend them.

Edit to add: The worst experience I ever had was a driver told me they got "stuck" in a city overnight waiting for a pickup. When they showed up two days later my car had 60 more miles than when it left the dealer, had dirty footprints all over both floor mats, and a parking ticket stub. I never found out where they took it.

If I can give any advice based on my experiences, be crazy. Make it obvious you're going to go over everything. I take dozens of pictures, spend at least 20 minutes going through the physical walkthrough of the car with the driver, ask if they will be taking my car off of the trailer for any other pickups or drop offs, and if so when and where. If I have a dealer send me the car then I ask them a day before hand to send me a fully detailed shipping ticket that they do by themselves to highlight any imperfections. I also have them send me picks of the odometer before going on the truck, picks of mirrors, rims, doors, etc. I also ask for detailed pics of the interior, bottoms of splitter, diffuser, basically anything that might go over looked but also highlights the fact that I'm going to be very difficult so don't try to take advantage or say something was already there.

Last edited by RustySeatbelt; 11-16-2019 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #178
ironviet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 Jeep Wrangler ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
my company uses reliable transport for all of my moves. i have not had any issues and they seem to have decent enough volumes that they can pick up within a 3 day window. It usually will take 3-5 business days for the vehicle to arrive. They use proper lifts that accommodate lower vehicle ride heights. https://reliable-carriers.com/

I haven't used other companies so that's all the experience I have had and our moving company brokers it with them.
2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2019, 10:47 PM   #179
IK6SPEED
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblaze View Post
Hi guys,

I am going to move from MI to SoCal in a few weeks and have been looking for a carrier having its own enclosed truck and staff to have my car shipped.

I had a very good experience with Intercity Lines but this time they said they are occupied and can't guarantee a pick-up date.

Has anyone tried out or known any other reliable truck companies? I don't want to deal with brokers.

Thank you!
http://www.waggonerstrucking.com/cus...tion-services/

Mercedes uses them.
      11-17-2019, 02:08 AM   #180
papasmurf_m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

I used luxury auto shippers to transport enclosed over 2000 miles to San Diego. No issues on time
Very professional.
      11-17-2019, 08:37 AM   #181
RS->M->?
Protomotive 996TT, Switzer GTR, 18M3, B7 RS4
Rep
Drives: 996tt, GTR, M3, B7 RS4

Thomas Sunday Transport, reliable, horseless carriage.

Whatever you do, don't use a broker/middle man.
Appreciate 0