ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-12-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
Spec-Al
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

Z4 M Springs on Z4 Non-M

Does anyone know if the springs are interchangeable? I did search but didn't see this, guessing because it either doesn't fit or no one has tried. Obviously the stock Z4 non M shocks won't be valved for the Z4 M springs, but it does seem that the Z4 M springs are taller than Z4 non M w/ M sport suspension. Looking for a setup that isn't lower than Z4 non M w/ M sport with a stiffer spring rate. Most coilovers seem to be set up to drop.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 07:42 AM   #2
Spec-Al
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

Did a little bit of research this morning. Visually the M/non M springs appear similar. Real OEM shows that the upper and lower rear spring pads are the same part number between M/non M, which leads me to believe they'll physically fit. Front however, while the lower spring perch is the same, the upper is different. The entire top mount of the M is different, but may not be interchangeable because the strut shaft diameters probably are not the same. I guess long story short is, unless someone has had both sets of parts in front of them, difficult to say what fits.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

You'll probably need the offset lollipops, upper spring perches, and springs. The rears would probably work, just the shocks are probably different
Appreciate 0