ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #111
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
I believed this group buy was directly from Stromung.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #112
combz
Rep
Drives: 07 bmw z4m

exhaust came in yesterday, mounted in about two hours after adjusting them ..still think i'll move them up higher..
Also mine came with the front hangar mount bent really bad, there was a hole in the box and it was cocked sideways..they need to put cardboar on those hangers not just foam. I had to heat mine up with a torch and try to bend it back..it made fitting the drivers side much more difficult. The other side lined up perfect though.

Not sure what the four nuts and bolts were provided for though..they didn't fit in the exhuast flange (not long enough) so i put one through each mount that would fit..they were too short for all the mounts too.

Quality: VERY nice
Sounds: Even Better
Packaging: very well packaged except for the hangars could have had cardboard on them too instead of foam to prevent damage.

I'm very happy!

I'll post the video link in a second or come follow me on instagram
turbod16 instagram i have it posted there too
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #113
combz
Rep
Drives: 07 bmw z4m

Video:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...21510601387327
please let me know if it doesn't work
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #114
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I had mine installed today. Driver side perfect however the passenger side one of the arms has the bolt hole too low so it sits crooked if that makes any sense. Anyways they are going to have to drill a new hole to try to adjust it. Didn't have time to wait around for that today so will have to go back to get it straightened out.

The sound is awesome though. I was concerned it would be too quiet with people saying it was just a bit louder the stock. It's not, its way louder than stock. It would say any louder would be too loud for me so it's perfect. I don't think the videos do it justice, I guess it depends on each persons speaker setup.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #115
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

Got mine installed today at EAS. Great bunch of guys.

Having seen the comments about the exhaust potentially sitting too low I asked them to let me check it out before tightening everything down. Sure enough, before adjusting, both sides hung a good bit lower than the stock configuration and didn't look very good. It took a couple of minutes to adjust it up with one guy loosening the bolts at the flange connection and another moving the exhaust into the desired spot. We were able to get it to pretty much stock height (about the tip of my finger between the the top of the pipe and the bumper).

I'm really happy with how it looks and I think it's a significant cosmetic improvement over the stock tips, which don't fill out the cutout on the bumper as well as these do and have the "hanging scrotum" effect beneath the car. At the same time the tips are not too big and obviously aftermarket looking which was what I wanted as the rest of my car is pretty stock. If I were being picky I would say they could stick out less by about 0.25-0.5" but I think it looks pretty good as is.

Sound is great. Very noticeably deeper and but so loud that it becomes the first thing you notice. It's especially nice when driving around in the city with the windows down. Not quite as exciting on the highway unless you're pulling onto an onramp. You can definitely hear it especially in the 2000-3500 RPM range when you step on the throttle.

Thanks again to ferrarif1 and Scott for getting this GB together!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #116
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The sound is awesome though. I was concerned it would be too quiet with people saying it was just a bit louder the stock. It's not, its way louder than stock. It would say any louder would be too loud for me so it's perfect. I don't think the videos do it justice, I guess it depends on each persons speaker setup.
Yeah totally agree here. My experience with this exhaust and the one I got for my bike has gone to show that video clips recorded by anything with a built-in microphone is basically useless for actually understanding how an exhaust sounds.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #117
SCZ4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 525d M Sport & Z4M

Ordered mine today from Scott

Can't wait, sadly it will take 2 weeks to arrive in the UK

I assume the adjustment to ensure it's site nice and high in the bumper will be obvious enough when I have it in front of me yeah?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #118
M_Rated
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4MC  [10.00]
Received mine in Vancouver today. Took a little while to get here. Everything looks fine. Can't wait to install.

I was disappointed with UPS. Shipping costs to Canada was $73.00 (that was enough considering Vancouver is half the distance of what it is to east coast USA) and then they charged me another $125.11 for importing charges apart from the $58.51 that the Canadian government took in taxes.

Don't think I'll be shipping things again
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #119
Taylorguy74
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i M-Sport

Alright - how's everyone? Doing good so far?

Installed mine same week as received. Love the start up, decent but not too loud respectively, some gurgling when decelerating at the right RPMs, there is a stable drone around 2500-3K RPM, especially when slowly accelerating in top gear on the highway. Not too bad, but is noticeably annoying on longer trips.

Very pleased overall. Will take a little getting used to on some longer steady speed trips, but it makes me smile every time I have fired it up and went hard on back roads. Great quality buy! Why didn't these cars come this way!!??!!

People who have these long term say they get deeper sounding with age - I look forward to that day!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #120
SCZ4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 525d M Sport & Z4M

Quick review:

I was pretty nervous taking the gamble of buying this "blind" and importing it into the UK, especially after my negative internal exhaust mod experience. Took 12 days from shipping to getting hold of them, most of that time was waiting for the invoice from customs.

I decided to paint the silencers black to satisfy my OCD.

First impressions are a 20 mile drive, but with the roof up, so not full aural pleasure I also got my wife to drive the car up and down the street to hear it.

- Louder at cold startup startup, nice deep note.
- Sound is absolutely perfect for me, reduced rasp from inside and increased volume and much deeper right through the range.
- Not over the top, think of it like the PSE option Porsche sell rather than after market. Very in keeping with the car.
- Gets much deeper as the car warms up
- Very addictive!
- Tailpipe design and size is perfect.
- Lots of burbling!
- Compliments the engine noise, rather than hiding it like my internal exhaust mod did. Not sure I need a Gruppe M or AFE now.

Two minor "complaints" if I'm being fussy
- Would look better if tail pipes were 1/2" shorter.
- A little drone between 1800rpm and 2000rpm under load. I suspect with the roof down it won't be there and I've read on ZPost that it fades as you put some miles on.

Overall, I couldn't be happier! The reviews and videos from you guys in the US are spot on. I would definitely recommending importing this exhaust! Especially with the current exchange rate!

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #121
losingmylycosa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

I would be interested next time there's a group buy.

06-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #122
donoman
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i 5MT

Damn it, when is the next group buy? I didn't have my M Coupe in time for this one.
1983 Wife
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #123
shock311
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by donoman View Post
Damn it, when is the next group buy? I didn't have my M Coupe in time for this one.
Resurrecting this post in hopes for a new GB.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #124
mbafta
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR

Another "new" Z4M owner here that would be interested in another group buy!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #125
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Same. I'm totally down since I have the breathing room for mods.

May be torn between this and an RPI. But we'll see how quickly a GB can be set up or if someone else trys to sell their RPI for dirt cheap.
      05-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #126
JCF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 M Coupe

Hi all,
I've started a new group buy thread. If you're interested please let me know! I've spoken with Scott already via email so the ball is rolling.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124901
Appreciate 0