ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I was looking for about 2 years also. Of course I was looking for price more than anything and never would of imagined I would end up in an imola over imola but it has grown on me.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spedracer81 View Post
I searched for 2 years until I stumbled across my Interlagos Blue/Sepang Bronze Z4MC...really wanted blue/red combo and no navi..but I love it just the same..
So you searched for 2 years and then didn't get what you wanted?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #25
IYIarv
Private
Rep
Drives: 99 M Coupe / 07 M Coupe

Quote:
I searched for 2 years until I stumbled across my Interlagos Blue/Sepang Bronze Z4MC...really wanted blue/red combo and no navi..but I love it just the same..
OOOOOOH...picture plz
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #26
IYIarv
Private
Rep
Drives: 99 M Coupe / 07 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I was looking for about 2 years also. Of course I was looking for price more than anything and never would of imagined I would end up in an imola over imola but it has grown on me.
dang...picture of that to, hotness
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #27
Spedracer81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Smile

well I was looking for the "superman edition" but that was a fairy tale, I heard there's only 2 of them and if I had it I wouldn't sell it...but here's my baby..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #28
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

Boy, you guys are patient. I'm not. Once I test drove the M roadster I knew I had to have one. Took a test drive in August as I recall, and purchased black on black in early Sept. it had the features I wanted, had very low miles and was in perfect condition. The other nice thing is that it was just 45 minutes from my house.

I really like the looks of the red exterior, but I once had a VW Golf GTI as a kid and got four speeding tickets in six months with that "arrest me red" color...never again. :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #29
Spedracer81
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I really wanted blue, I looked up the VIN and there is only 3 of these in the U.S in this color/combo....everywhere I go people tell me they love the color..mine was about 15 mins from me..test drove it and then signed the papers and took it home..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I really like the blue and red combo a coworker has that on his coupe and its very nice. Me I just wanted a good deal and red interior if possible. I was very reluctant to buy a red car. I've always been a black, grey kinda guy, but it was a good deal and it has really grown on me. I actually like it now.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Only about 1,800 total produced, so the pickings are limited.
Especially if you don't want black - here's the breakdown again:

SAPPHIRE BLACK........................592
INTERLAGOS BLUE METALLIC................297
TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC.................212
SILVER GRAY METALLIC......................209
IMOLA RED.............................204
ALPINE WHITE..........................148
SEPANG BRONZE METALLIC...................68
SPACE GRAY METALLIC ........................48
MONACO BLUE METALLIC......................36
CARBONBLACK METALLIC.......................1

If you pass on Black or TiAG/Silver Gray, you eliminate over half the cars sold in the US, and these cars are scarce already. There is currently only 1 M Coupe on eBay (Silver). Of the 20 on Autotrader searching the entire country, 11 are Black and 5 are Silver. We're past the off-lease glut now, so a lot of people that have M Coupes are planning to keep them, especially the people that searched out the scarcer colors.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #32
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
Especially if you don't want black - here's the breakdown again:

SAPPHIRE BLACK........................592
INTERLAGOS BLUE METALLIC................297
TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC.................212
SILVER GRAY METALLIC......................209
IMOLA RED.............................204
ALPINE WHITE..........................148
SEPANG BRONZE METALLIC...................68
SPACE GRAY METALLIC ........................48
MONACO BLUE METALLIC......................36
CARBONBLACK METALLIC.......................1

If you pass on Black or TiAG/Silver Gray, you eliminate over half the cars sold in the US, and these cars are scarce already. There is currently only 1 M Coupe on eBay (Silver). Of the 20 on Autotrader searching the entire country, 11 are Black and 5 are Silver. We're past the off-lease glut now, so a lot of people that have M Coupes are planning to keep them, especially the people that searched out the scarcer colors.
The guy I bought my Silver Gray from beat me to the one Carbon Black. He was local enough to go see it and buy it while I offered to put a deposit down until I got there to look at it. Carbon Black previous owner told the Silver Gray previous owner (one I bought mine from) to call me. Deal made shortly after and I put a non refundable deposit down until I got there later that week.

Weird thing was the Carbon Black owner said he bought it off the lot new and at the time wasn't aware how rare it was.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #33
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

Wow. Carbon black is super nice on the E46. Glad I'm still second from the bottom of the list
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #34
schwank
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 z4 m coupe

Enthusiast Auto is the indy shop I go to. They did my inspection II. they're a good group of guys, active in the local bmw cca, yes their prices are a little high, they go through the cars and fix what needs fixed, and buy good ones to start with. They definitely do no cater to the bargain shopper.
      10-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #35
Spedracer81
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Is there anyway to get a more actuate number, I'm sure some of these beauties have been wrecked..
Dreamingat30fps~ Clean car...I love that red interior..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #36
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is there anyway to get a more actuate number, I'm sure some of these beauties have been wrecked..
Dreamingat30fps~ Clean car...I love that red interior..
There are sites that show exactly what options were on cars but I don't think there is a list of the ones still drivable, not sure how this would be put together automatically (besides going through each VIN).

This one lets you put in a VIN and find out exactly what was provided with the car - http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/

Here's some additional info - http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=24

I also downloaded an Excel spreadsheet from somewhere that shows every car and what was on it. Not sure where I got it or how to share it if anyone wants it.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #37
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Is there anyway to get a more accurate number, I'm sure some of these beauties have been wrecked.
No, there isn't, as there's no central reporting agency in the US. The initial info was taken from BMW by Wildag. Based on postings over the years to various Z4 forums, I'd estimate about 20 M Coupes have been totaled, but that's just a guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #38
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

I searched for almost six months and stumbled across the perfect one. Ti-Silver with extended leather and wood trim are exactly what i wanted. If you see yourself keeping it for some time i highly recommend holding out for "the one".
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #39
cheo_7
Private
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
I looked for two years, and I was very impatient, even so I was going to buy my M Coupe from Hawai and that is more than 5,000 miles away from were I live. But the same day I couldn't make a deal with the guy. I found a post in my local news paper selling an 08 M Coupe for $29,999.00 with 10,141 miles on it! So you can imagine a had the bargain of the century! So my advice to you is to be patient, very patient.
Appreciate 0