ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Would you vote for an Atheist for President of US?
Yes 109 67.70%
No 52 32.30%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #89
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8824
Rep
7,909
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Life is diverse . . .
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #90
drF80
Major General
140
Rep
5,448
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I agree with this^^ part of your statement. Why don't you speak out more strongly about Stalin more of the time?

I see in your sig line that you are in Boca Raton, FL. Did you recently move there? I thought you lived in Texas...?
Nobody asked about Stalin, so...
I could go about the dictators and communism and...because I grew up in the society opressed by the dictatorship and communist ideals... Therefore, my views about the gov't doing wrong are strongly voiced out... You guys (USA bread and grown) have been slowly programmed and "educated" to accept whatever given... I have seen both sides -- yes, they are different, but the bottom line is they are the same -- not carrying about own people but just driven by the greed and own ideals...

Yes, I moved to Boca about 2 months ago -- enough was enough (Texas)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #91
FloridaBoy
First Lieutenant
FloridaBoy's Avatar
13
Rep
376
Posts

Drives: 2005 Z4 3.oi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (0)

Atheists identified as America’s most distrusted minority, according to new university study

American’s increasing acceptance of religious diversity doesn’t extend to those who don’t believe in a god, according to a national survey by researchers in the University of Minnesota’s department of sociology.

From a telephone sampling of more than 2,000 households, university researchers found that Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in “sharing their vision of American society.” Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry...
http://www.ur.umn.edu/FMPro?-db=rele...&ID=2816&-Find
__________________
2005 3.0i, Black Sapphire, SMG, Navigation, Heated leather, iPod w/Dice, Carver Subs, Sport, Foamless SG, 3M Clear Bra, Sirius, 18 inch 107's

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #92
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
429
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBoy View Post
Atheists identified as America’s most distrusted minority, according to new university study

American’s increasing acceptance of religious diversity doesn’t extend to those who don’t believe in a god, according to a national survey by researchers in the University of Minnesota’s department of sociology.

From a telephone sampling of more than 2,000 households, university researchers found that Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in “sharing their vision of American society.” Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry...
http://www.ur.umn.edu/FMPro?-db=rele...&ID=2816&-Find
I'm not surprised. Atheists tend to be the least tolerant people of all... especially their ACLU leadership.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #93
Neurorad
Major
Neurorad's Avatar
59
Rep
1,221
Posts

Drives: 2017 340xi
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I'm not surprised. Atheists tend to be the least tolerant people of all... especially their ACLU leadership.
Huh? The study asked people what they think of atheists, not what atheists think. I guess you fall into the 'unedumacated' group, Scott. You from the Midwest?

Interesting, the more educated people poled were more tolerant of atheists:

"The researchers also found acceptance or rejection of atheists is related not only to personal religiosity, but also to one’s exposure to diversity, education and political orientation—with more educated, East and West Coast Americans more accepting of atheists than their Midwestern counterparts."

The study was funded by a group with the word 'Family' in the name, so I doubt it's a very good study. I suspect the results are biased toward the intentions of the group providing the $.

Edit - and what does the ACLU have to do with atheism? The ACLU is all about constitutional rights. Thought you'd be a proponent of the ACLU, Scott, with protection of First Ammendment rights.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #94
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
58
Rep
1,058
Posts

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
if popularity is what you want, hell yes, be religious!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #95
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
429
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Huh? The study asked people what they think of atheists, not what atheists think. I guess you fall into the 'unedumacated' group, Scott. You from the Midwest?

Interesting, the more educated people poled were more tolerant of atheists:

"The researchers also found acceptance or rejection of atheists is related not only to personal religiosity, but also to one’s exposure to diversity, education and political orientation—with more educated, East and West Coast Americans more accepting of atheists than their Midwestern counterparts."

The study was funded by a group with the word 'Family' in the name, so I doubt it's a very good study. I suspect the results are biased toward the intentions of the group providing the $.

Edit - and what does the ACLU have to do with atheism? The ACLU is all about constitutional rights. Thought you'd be a proponent of the ACLU, Scott, with protection of First Ammendment rights.
I should have been more clear in my statement. People tend to dislike/distrust atheists because the atheist religion is one that is very intollerant of other religions. They seek to squash other religions' right of expression. They deny that they are suppressionists. Their morality has not been codified and is very gray. They lash out in personal attacks when they have no sound argument. Atheists blame everybody but themselves for their problems... The list could go on and on.

At the same time, atheists are welcome to discuss their thoughts openly if they are not too crude, and if they will respect the opposing opinion. I think that most Christians argue to guarantee the rights protected by the First Amendment, where atheists tend to oppose the rights that are protected by the First Amendment of people they don't agree with.

I would almost expect that atheists would be happier if they could repeal the First Amendment.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #96
FloridaBoy
First Lieutenant
FloridaBoy's Avatar
13
Rep
376
Posts

Drives: 2005 Z4 3.oi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (0)

The ACLU is a Godless organization that furthers the Godless goals of the Baldwin agenda!
__________________
2005 3.0i, Black Sapphire, SMG, Navigation, Heated leather, iPod w/Dice, Carver Subs, Sport, Foamless SG, 3M Clear Bra, Sirius, 18 inch 107's

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:55 PM   #97
M0011
Major General
M0011's Avatar
1711
Rep
5,106
Posts

Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: FL

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I should have been more clear in my statement. People tend to dislike/distrust atheists because the atheist religion is one that is very intollerant of other religions. They seek to squash other religions' right of expression. They deny that they are suppressionists. Their morality has not been codified and is very gray. They lash out in personal attacks when they have no sound argument. Atheists blame everybody but themselves for their problems... The list could go on and on.

At the same time, atheists are welcome to discuss their thoughts openly if they are not too crude, and if they will respect the opposing opinion. I think that most Christians argue to guarantee the rights protected by the First Amendment, where atheists tend to oppose the rights that are protected by the First Amendment of people they don't agree with.

I would almost expect that atheists would be happier if they could repeal the First Amendment.


You are kidding, right????? Atheist is a person that is NOT religious. We don't have churches, gatherings, scripture...
Being an atheist is something a person is NOT, like: I don't play golf, so I'm a non-golfer (not religious), or lets slap a label on me like "Notwhiteballsmacker®" (atheist).
So I become Notwhiteballsmacker® (atheist) to other golfers (religious people). Not to me.

I can't be defined by the things I'm NOT. You need to read and educate yourself and don't believe everything your priest tells you.
__________________
///f80 YMB/SS 6MT ZCP | f80 | f30 |e92 | tt | S5 | e92 | 350z | e90 |
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #98
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
58
Rep
1,058
Posts

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
You are a typical non-golfer and obviously you are not tolerant to tennis players as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #99
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
58
Rep
1,058
Posts

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That's just great!

Christians were so tolerant to other religions/teachings that they burnt people alive, tortured them to death, and baptised more than 2 continents using fire and sword.

Muslims were so tolerant to Christians that they ran planes into America's largest buildings full of people.

But those sneaky atheists are the worst of all: THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO DISAGREE WITH THE ALLEGED EXISTENCE OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER FROM A JEWISH FAIRY TALE (and other ethnic stories).
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #100
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
58
Rep
1,058
Posts

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
They seek to squash other religions' right of expression.
By the same rationale, psychiatrists are also very oppressive individuals because they seek to irradicate schizophrenic delusions from morbid brains.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #101
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
429
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
You are kidding, right????? Atheist is a person that is NOT religious. We don't have churches, gatherings, scripture...
Being an atheist is something a person is NOT...
I can't be defined by the things I'm NOT.
First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
If atheism is not a religion, then it's protection by the First Amendment is less than the protection of the free exercise of religion which is specifically cited. By calling atheism a religion, I was elevating your rights. You may deny your own rights. Don't try to deny mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #102
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
429
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
By the same rationale, psychiatrists are also very oppressive individuals because they seek to irradicate schizophrenic delusions from morbid brains.
A man who has been blind since birth may not believe there is any such thing as sight. If he were healed of his blindness, then he would believe. Jesus Christ healed the blind man when he walked in Palestine. You can be healed of your blindness to religion. But you have to be willing to accept it. I extend the invitation to the degree that I can. You might be surprised at the freedom you will know in Jesus.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #103
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
58
Rep
1,058
Posts

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
This is a classic case ...

Translation: only those who also have hallucinations in addition to normal vision and hearing are not blind and deaf.

Medical history: A man has been hallucinating since the age of 22 and has fully forgotten what a life without a delusion can be. The man thinks that obssession with unreal images and present and future hopes is evidence of his true awareness of obejctive reality. His brain has created a complex mouse trap of its own insecurities and fears which are being projected outwards, and reflected back inside his mind in the form of messages from fictional characters and their proxies.

Prognosis: very poor.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #104
RIP-A4
estudioG design+interiors
United_States
14
Rep
403
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: whittier, CA

iTrader: (0)

sure as long as he or she doesn't try to change the foudation of the country, and that being this country was founded on people whom believe in a god....

A Free Mason should be President
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #105
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
58
Rep
1,058
Posts

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
"sure as long as he or she doesn't try to change the foudation of the country, and that being this country was founded on people whom believe in a god...."



and own guns, plantations and slaves. the foundation is sure important!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #106
M0011
Major General
M0011's Avatar
1711
Rep
5,106
Posts

Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: FL

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
If atheism is not a religion, then it's protection by the First Amendment is less than the protection of the free exercise of religion which is specifically cited. By calling atheism a religion, I was elevating your rights. You may deny your own rights. Don't try to deny mine.
I'm not denying your rights, I'm just pointing out that you are delusional** and believe in fary tales.

**Delusion, Psychiatric definition

"a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact"
__________________
///f80 YMB/SS 6MT ZCP | f80 | f30 |e92 | tt | S5 | e92 | 350z | e90 |
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #107
M0011
Major General
M0011's Avatar
1711
Rep
5,106
Posts

Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: FL

iTrader: (9)

Now, let's get back on the subject. Who would JC wote for?
__________________
///f80 YMB/SS 6MT ZCP | f80 | f30 |e92 | tt | S5 | e92 | 350z | e90 |
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #108
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
429
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
I'm not denying your rights, I'm just pointing out that you are delusional** and believe in fary tales.

**Delusion, Psychiatric definition

"a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact"
What reason have you offered and what actual fact?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #109
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
429
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Now, let's get back on the subject. Who would JC wote for?
Are you asking Jesus Christ?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #110
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
429
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
To all you atheists, what proof do you need to believe in God? You keep talking about not having proof. What proof do you need?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST