ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-20-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Looking for Aero Skirts? Boom!

Ran across this while looking from a link on another thread. They might not be OEM, but if you're dying to get ahold of some Aero side skirts, this might be the answer...

https://www.bodykits.com/i-31642253-...it-114708.html
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion_2 View Post
Ran across this while looking from a link on another thread. They might not be OEM, but if you're dying to get ahold of some Aero side skirts, this might be the answer...

https://www.bodykits.com/i-31642253-...it-114708.html
I'd be interested to hear reviews and opinions on these skirts from current or former owners.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
I'd be interested to hear reviews and opinions on these skirts from current or former owners.
Same here, but considering this is the first I've ever seen them from this company, I have a feeling there are very few owners out there. The OEM skirts were also constructed from FRP if I recall correctly, so materials shouldn't be an issue. Fitment could be a problem depending on quality control and production methods, though.

Might be cheap enough for someone to try out, though!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
These have been listed for sale on eBay as far back as April, 2019...and possibly earlier. Back then, Zpost member Semp inquired for information and got this:

Reached out to the company and this is the response I got:

"The coating it comes with is just a protective coating that will need to be sanded down before your shop can primer/paint. Doesn't come with any tabs, but you can literally just bolt it right onto the car. They don't do the pre-drilled holes just incase the car has been in an accident and it has to be custom fit."

Here's the thread from back then: https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1584307
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #5
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
These have been listed for sale on eBay as far back as April, 2019...and possibly earlier. Back then, Zpost member Semp inquired for information and got this:

"The coating it comes with is just a protective coating that will need to be sanded down before your shop can primer/paint. Doesn't come with any tabs, but you can literally just bolt it right onto the car. They don't do the pre-drilled holes just incase the car has been in an accident and it has to be custom fit."

Here's the thread from back then: https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1584307
Eeeek, that's a bit concerning. Lazy production methods, it sounds like. :/
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #6
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

I followed the eBay link in the other thread. Two sellers of these, both using the exact same set of pictures. Maybe just me but this has "fly by night seller" written all over it.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 09:46 AM   #7
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Probably so. Same company has quite a few different FRP body pieces for sale on that website, but I've never heard of anyone actually purchasing/installing any of them. Vented hoods, 1M style front bumper cover, all sorts of stuff. Strange.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #8
Willy Sea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe S54, E36 M3 Evo,

Quote:

They are fine. All aero skirts need preparation and finishing to fit, irrespective of manufacturer. All made in China these days anyway. Go for it and save on the exorbitant asking prices currently being asked.
Appreciate 3
wdb4673.00
Vanne1590.00
      04-30-2020, 09:45 AM   #9
TeufelZ
Rep
Drives: 2004 z4 3.0i

DuraFlex has the worst fitment of any kit. You're beter off hunting for a OEM aero kit. DuraFlex is a hit or miss. Sometimes you get lucky and they fit fine but most of the time they fit like dick and you need to make some adjustments to get them fitting correctly.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 02:12 AM   #10
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Sea View Post
Quote:

They are fine. All aero skirts need preparation and finishing to fit, irrespective of manufacturer. All made in China these days anyway. Go for it and save on the exorbitant asking prices currently being asked.
Ummm, there's a few reasons for the high prices for OE Aeros. 1) they are oem 2) they were made in Germany not China 3) they bolt right on without any modifications necessary and were blemish free. You pay for what you get
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 03:30 AM   #11
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

I think with any kit thats not oem your going to need to make adjustments. Pretty simple to do really. I do wonder why no has pulled the trigger on a set yet??