ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #45
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Unfortunately, I think I'd be hit with a significant language barrier if I called them up! Do you (or anyone) know if they have any sort of importer network setup? Or, at the very least, an English-translated website? lol.
      08-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #46
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Sorry for the delay in response, I am just now catching up with the forum. I can give the company a call and see how much it might cost for shipping. Stay tuned.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #47
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
Sorry for the delay in response, I am just now catching up with the forum. I can give the company a call and see how much it might cost for shipping. Stay tuned.
Great! Thanks!
      08-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #48
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep

Any chance you contacted Weichers about that cage and importing a kit to the US?
      09-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #49
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep

Bump? Russ? Anyone? Beuler?
      09-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #50
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Damn! Sorry. I've been out of the loop around here for a while and it looks I'll be "unavailable" until Christmas beginning the end of the month. My guy is on holiday, but should be back in about 10 days. I hope to get a firm answer before I'm off again.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #51
dragonash
Rep
Drives: z4si

For those of you who frequently visit the track as I plan to do, how often do you change rotors and pads? And which pads do you guys use?

I used to own a 3.0si and I ran OEM rotors + DTC70. On average, the rotors lasted 5 events and the pads looks like it can be used for 10 events.

I also like to know the costs of the replacement rotors you guys use. The prices I am looking at are $450 fronts and $340 rear at turnermotorsport.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #52
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Until I have the need to upgrade to a BBK I use a dedicated set of OEM rotors with Hawk HT-10 pads front and rear...I keep each pad and rotor paired up and don't mix them around. Also upgraded to metal caliper pin bushings and ss braided brake lines. The pedal feel is much better and it keeps my brake/accelerator pedal's positioning consistent durng the session...thus helping my heel/toe downshifts.

The HT-10s seem to be pretty good...until they get warmed up the initial bite is a bit hard to modulate...after a couple of laps they settle down and feel great.

I don't consider myself extremely hard on my brakes since the track I frequent (driveway austin, course L2) is not a high speed layout...I may get up to 75-80mph max and brake down to about 30mph, but never any more than that.

Brake fade has not been a concern, although brake fluid boiling may be on the horizon as I get more aggressive with things (i am going to take caliper, rotor and tire temperatures next time out to see how hot things are getting)...when you burn your fingers on your valve stem caps it's getting pretty hot. LOL

So far I have (6) 25 minute sessions on this setup and by the looks of it have roughly 90% rotor 80% pad left. I need to take actual measurements to confirm this though.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #53
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Looks like the cage did its job during the VIR crash.

I'd be very reluctant to bolt any type of bar/cage onto the car. A bolt-on cage that gets dismounted or significantly deformed during even a small scale crash might do more harm than good. Even if it doesn't go through the chassis or sever its bolts, I doubt that it would offer any significant protection in a major crash. I guess there are exceptions to this when a car is shipped from the factory with properly placed (and analyzed) and reinforced chassis locations for the connections and a tested roll bar design.

Nothing like a properly designed and welded full cage...
      02-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #54
<<M>>
Rep
Drives: z4

Does anyone know who designed and installed the cage in that Koni car? (the one JRagan links to) http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...85#post5359985
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #55
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<M>> View Post
Does anyone know who designed and installed the cage in that Koni car? (the one JRagan links to) http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...85#post5359985
To copy links on forums, you need to right-click the link and select the "Copy target" or "copy shortcut" option...Otherwise you get only the display portion of the link which doesn't work. The link you're looking for is

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...85#post5359985

And, since it's a semi-professional race team, I'm sure they probably welded in their own cage (or had someone close to them do it). You might contact them: http://www.motorsporttechnologygroup.com/contact.html