ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-21-2020, 05:42 AM   #1
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M, F80 M3, 991.2 GTS

My quick Eventuri intake review

I haven't visited zpost much in the past 6~7 years. I still own my 2008 Space Gray Z4MC, and just thought I'd drop by and post a quick review of the Z4M Eventuri intake.

I have to say I had very little expectations of this intake when I ordered it. The only reason I bought it was out of boredom. I bought it because I was replacing my Remus mufflers with the Eisenmann Sport, which unfortunately will take another 6 weeks to arrive from Germany. So I thought, whatever, the intake would tie me up for a little while until my new mufflers get here.

I didn't care much about any performance gain, because let's be honest, these days the Z4Ms are slow as hell and torque-less. My other cars are close to 500HP & 500lb-ft with a cheap and conservative tune, and to me there's no point in trying to make the Z4M quicker. I got the Eventuri intake for the sound only.

The install was fairly easy. It took me about half an hour to install the actual intake, and probably another 20 minutes to install the simple air scoop because of the poor design of the push-in rivets which was almost impossible to actually push in place; this really should've been a 3 minute job with better rivets.

The design of the carbon-fiber intake is as beautiful as advertised. Very high quality. My Z4M has the ESS tune and Remus mufflers, and combined with the Eventuri intake, I'd be lying if I said I felt any horsepower gain. Just couldn't tell any difference, which was fine with me. The throttle may have been slightly more responsive.

The sound, however, I'm extremely impressed with and I don't get impressed with mods easily anymore. I won't bother posting videos, because I had watched all the Z4M Eventuri videos, and in person it sounds nothing like those videos.

Below 3k RPM, it sounds very stock, maybe 5% louder. Between 3k~6k, the intake starts singing and the sound really comes alive. I'd describe the sound as very refined, nothing fake or manufactured about it. It sounds very natural and it just sounds so damn good. It sounds like something Porsche would engineer. I used to have a cold air intake on my Z4 3.0i. It growled and swooshed and was very loud, but at the same time it sounded cheap and unrefined and it got old pretty fast.

I've recently dropped a hell lot of money on mods on all my cars. All other mods I feel like are okay; I don't regret getting them but I don't need them and I kinda forgot about them after a few days. The Eventuri intake is one that actually positively changes the driving experience for me and has brought me the most smiles. Hopefully this will help someone who's considering getting this intake.

Appreciate 5
W///7483.50
Mirko182.00
PLCZ4MC79.00
AK72286.00
wdb4716.50
      08-21-2020, 06:33 AM   #2
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Really good feedback, thank you. This is on my to do list eventually. I think the effects will be multiplied since mine is a Roadster, so this should be well worth it.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #3
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

thanks for sharing. these engines' induction noise is very nice. I see the eventui like a mini CSL Box, sort of similar in tone just not as loud.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #4
bwright657
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
You summed it up very well. How is the noise balance between intake and exhaust noise with the Remus?

Stock, I would put the Z4M at 90% intake noise, 10% exhaust noise.
I have an Eventuri intake and a Stromung exhaust and it's right at 50/50.
      08-21-2020, 02:30 PM   #5
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M, F80 M3, 991.2 GTS

The Remus mufflers have a very deep and nice tone, but overall are fairly quiet. It's noticeably louder than stock, but still sounds very OEM. It's what stock should've come with.

In terms of loudness, if stock is 4, then the Remus is about 6, and the Eisenmann sport is about 7.5~8. I had a set of Eisenmann Sport on my previous Z4MR and have always wanted another set for my Z4MC. Back then my Z4MC was my daily driver so I settled with the Remus. But now I drive my Z4MC less than 1k miles per year, the heck with it, I want every mile to count.

For comparisons, the Z4M with Eventuri intake and Remus mufflers is still quieter than a stock 911 991.2 4GTS.

I'd say the intake and muffler sounds are 50/50. Neither one dominates over another. I vaguely remember the Stromung and Remus were very similar in terms of loudness; Stromung might've been a tad louder.

I do feel like the Eventuri intake has made the mufflers a tiny bit louder as well.
Appreciate 4
wdb4716.50
c41250n30.00