ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #1
cyrusd
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

How to adjust E85 windshield nozzles?

My new-to-me Z4M roadster's windshield nozzles are currently aimed so they do a fantastic job of sprinkling windshield cleaner fluid over the windshield and all over myself and my passenger, but not such a great job of spraying fluid on the windshield itself.

Looking at the nozzles it's not clear to me if/how these are supposed to be adjusted (don't see the usual swivel-able bits I'm familiar with from other cars), and don't wanna just shove something in there and go bananas.

Anyone know what is going on here?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 06:22 AM   #2
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusd View Post
My new-to-me Z4M roadster's windshield nozzles are currently aimed so they do a fantastic job of sprinkling windshield cleaner fluid over the windshield and all over myself and my passenger, but not such a great job of spraying fluid on the windshield itself.

Looking at the nozzles it's not clear to me if/how these are supposed to be adjusted (don't see the usual swivel-able bits I'm familiar with from other cars), and don't wanna just shove something in there and go bananas.

Anyone know what is going on here?
Good question, had a look at mine but I'm not sure there is any mechanism for adjustment.
To know for sure you would have to remove the nozzle from the hood and examine it more closely, you could also insert a thin shim at the back and under the nozzle housing so as to tip it so the stream of washer fluid hits lower down on the windshield.
      09-17-2022, 08:47 AM   #3
DRandall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 e85 2.5i

Find the nozzle, and then take a pin or sewing needle…insert into hole and move to adjust
Appreciate 1
kaybat125.50
      11-16-2022, 03:57 PM   #4
blufc3s
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRandall View Post
Find the nozzle, and then take a pin or sewing needle…insert into hole and move to adjust
Thanks
Appreciate 0