ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-13-2020, 07:47 AM   #1
ChrisPiascik
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 3.0

Airbag light on, code not showing up on Scanner

Recently I replaced the lock actuator on my drivers side door. Before starting I unhooked the battery because I knew I'd be disconnecting the airbag in the door. Halfway through the project I realized the window needed to go up so I could gain access to the actuator. Without thinking I reconnected the battery to raise the window. Needless to say, when I eventually started the car the airbag light was on.

I ordered the C110 scanner after reading that would let me clear the code. To make a long story short, it's not showing an airbag fault. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Attached Images

05-14-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
Sterling Roadster
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e85 Z4 3.0i & e92 328i

I just went through this. I removed my seats to clean the carpet underneath only to find an airbag light that wouldn't go away. I went through all the menus that made sense and hit erase code. Nothing. Bought Carly for BMW and nothing. The other day I took another shot at it with the Creator scanner. I recommend you go through every single option in the CHASSIS and BODY sub-menus and clear them all. Even if it says there is no code and they are not related to airbags. I wish I wrote down which unit I cleared but eventually it revealed two codes: "SEAT-BELT BUCKLE; OPEN CIRCUIT and OPEN CIRCUIT; FIRING CIRCUIT, BELT TENSIONER, FRONT RIGHT"

I hit clear and poof! light was gone. So clear every single option you can and I hope you get the same result. Let us know if it works!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 10:31 PM   #3
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Have you tried INPA?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 08:21 AM   #4
ChrisPiascik
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Roadster View Post
I just went through this. I removed my seats to clean the carpet underneath only to find an airbag light that wouldn't go away. I went through all the menus that made sense and hit erase code. Nothing. Bought Carly for BMW and nothing. The other day I took another shot at it with the Creator scanner. I recommend you go through every single option in the CHASSIS and BODY sub-menus and clear them all. Even if it says there is no code and they are not related to airbags. I wish I wrote down which unit I cleared but eventually it revealed two codes: "SEAT-BELT BUCKLE; OPEN CIRCUIT and OPEN CIRCUIT; FIRING CIRCUIT, BELT TENSIONER, FRONT RIGHT"

I hit clear and poof! light was gone. So clear every single option you can and I hope you get the same result. Let us know if it works!
Quote:

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.
      05-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #5
ChrisPiascik
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Have you tried INPA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Have you tried INPA?
No, I'm not familiar with that. I'll do some research.
      05-21-2020, 11:34 PM   #6
ChrisPiascik
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPiascik View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPiascik View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Found it in the B-Pillar menu!
      05-22-2020, 01:20 AM   #7
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Great!, so it was the same issue as Sterling?

Maybe add that to the DIY sub group guys .