ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #23
batmobile318is
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC (BSM/BLK)

Is the Group buy still open? Link does not work. Apparently they are MForum now.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #24
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile318is View Post
Is the Group buy still open? Link does not work. Apparently they are MForum now.
yeah M3forum.net is unfortunately dead. Sad because there was a TON of S54 knowledge on that forum. They are now NAM3forum.com.

The group buy I dont think is open but you can still buy the box from Turner at the pre-order price which was $1500 IIRC.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 10:19 AM   #25
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

I've been looking into this but at that price, wouldn't it be prudent to go to arguably the best variant of the CSL rep boxes, Karbonius, for just a few hundred more?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #26
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
I've been looking into this but at that price, wouldn't it be prudent to go to arguably the best variant of the CSL rep boxes, Karbonius, for just a few hundred more?
I don't think there is any way to tell if the Karbonius box is any better until someone has a Turner box in hand. Right now we can only say its a slightly different design and time will tell if that is better or not.

Personally I think it would easier for them to just straight copy the CSL box then to create something new. So with them doing design changes and flow testing I am hoping there has to be an advantage with their design. If you want a direct copy of the CSL original box then yes the Karbonius is probably the best one out there. For me the Turner box is an improvement on the CSL box due to the size/design of the opening. The original CSL box was made to work with the flap but we can never run the flap on the Z4 for its a mute point. A guy on M3 made his own CSL box and massively enlarged the opening and consequentially made more power with the larger opening. He also tunes cars and determined the S54 could use even more air then what the CSL box allows as long as you have the right exhaust to get the air out. The Turner box is designed to optimize the inlet and from the flow graphs provided on their web site it does flow more then the original CSL box.

Mine looks to be shipping soon and as soon as i get it i'll post some feedback on the quality of the construction.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 3
wdb4718.00
      05-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #27
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I don't think there is any way to tell if the Karbonius box is any better until someone has a Turner box in hand. Right now we can only say its a slightly different design and time will tell if that is better or not.

Personally I think it would easier for them to just straight copy the CSL box then to create something new. So with them doing design changes and flow testing I am hoping there has to be an advantage with their design. If you want a direct copy of the CSL original box then yes the Karbonius is probably the best one out there. For me the Turner box is an improvement on the CSL box due to the size/design of the opening. The original CSL box was made to work with the flap but we can never run the flap on the Z4 for its a mute point. A guy on M3 made his own CSL box and massively enlarged the opening and consequentially made more power with the larger opening. He also tunes cars and determined the S54 could use even more air then what the CSL box allows as long as you have the right exhaust to get the air out. The Turner box is designed to optimize the inlet and from the flow graphs provided on their web site it does flow more then the original CSL box.

Mine looks to be shipping soon and as soon as i get it i'll post some feedback on the quality of the construction.
When did you actually pay for the air box? Their site states delivery was for April, then May, now June. I kind of want to order but $1.5k is a lot of money for them to give us bad news at the end. Also, Have you bought the necessary parts for the install? Aaaaand what tune are you going with?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 11:32 PM   #28
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
When did you actually pay for the air box? Their site states delivery was for April, then May, now June. I kind of want to order but $1.5k is a lot of money for them to give us bad news at the end. Also, Have you bought the necessary parts for the install? Aaaaand what tune are you going with?
I paid $1499.95 plus tax. The group buy was $250 cheaper but I ordered my box way before the group buy started and didnt want to loose my early spot in line.

Just got the word my box is shipping early next week! All additional parts for the box are coming with it from Turner. Going with Epic for the tune.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 1
wdb4718.00
      05-14-2020, 11:52 PM   #29
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
I paid $1499.95 plus tax. The group buy was $250 cheaper but I ordered my box way before the group buy started and didnt want to loose my early spot in line.

Just got the word my box is shipping early next week! All additional parts for the box are coming with it from Turner. Going with Epic for the tune.
So the groupbuy has a longer lead time? I like the air box the tube and box your approaching 50% of a supercharger
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #30
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

Hope to see some Eventuri Intakes for sale ones they instal this CSL Airbox
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Plasma Blue (SOLD)
2008 Z4///M Roadster Space Gray (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2020, 08:07 PM   #31
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:

They have the one that comes with all the necessary parts (except the tune) for $2k or the air box alone for $1.5k. If I buy it, I’ll go for the box alone and then get the additional parts later on. I also no iced their gloss box has a Turner decal. I hope it’s not on there but just an option for us. Let us know once you get yours and post pics!
Appreciate 1