ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #45
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

I think I'm interested as well. And already have a spare set of covers I was planning on having hydro-dipped in something crazy.......... but we'll see how this plays out.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #46
tecnicaeleven
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Cooper S / 07 M Roadster

Quote:
I have the Tekarbon mirrors. They are definitely OEM mirros with an overlay. Pretty decent quality. No issues with the weave, good coloring. I wish the clear coat was done better, but you really cant tell unless you are on top of it. I was on their backorder for quite a while. We (z4 people) do not take a priority at all. Like... it may never happen. So, to summarize, while I'm happy with my Tekarbon caps, and plenty happy enough not to replace, the quality of the existing Skyer products I have is better than my mirrors.
This was my post from January of this year. I made comment then that I wasn't thrilled with the clear coat quality. My feelings were right. After seeing the Tekarbon mirrors for sale by a different user that have come delaminated, I went to check mine. Sure enough, it is beginning on mine as well; which is quite disheartening. I paid good money and waited a very long time for them. Also, this car is a summer weekend warrior at best and garage parked. Those caps probably dont have 10 hours of sun on them this year. Perhaps Tekarbon built these with higher quality in the past. I am a recent build. So as for now, I cannot in good faith recommend Tekarbon caps to anyone - its a bad investment.

Now, my Skyer spoiler - which was installed at the same time as the caps - looks great, just like the day I put it on. And ironically, probably have many many hours of sun since I leave my garage open and the ass end of the car catches the sunset daily. Kudos to Skyer.

So.... to conclude. Put me down on the list Jordan. I will replace my current caps with Skyer caps once they are made
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #47
Residentj3553
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4M Roadster

Lets get this rolling people!
High quality CF parts!
Mods: ProFlex E85 Flexfuel kit, Eventuri Carbon Intake w/ RPI scoop, Megan Headers, Custom Axle-back exhaust, KW V3 Coilovers, Stoptech ST40 BBK, Poly FCABs, APEX PS-7s, Diode Dynamics Headlights, CF Trunk Spoiler, Sideskirts & Diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 09:49 PM   #48
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

Patiently waiting!
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2020, 11:58 PM   #49
rueyme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: red z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnicaeleven View Post
This was my post from January of this year. I made comment then that I wasn't thrilled with the clear coat quality. My feelings were right. After seeing the Tekarbon mirrors for sale by a different user that have come delaminated, I went to check mine. Sure enough, it is beginning on mine as well; which is quite disheartening. I paid good money and waited a very long time for them. Also, this car is a summer weekend warrior at best and garage parked. Those caps probably dont have 10 hours of sun on them this year. Perhaps Tekarbon built these with higher quality in the past. I am a recent build. So as for now, I cannot in good faith recommend Tekarbon caps to anyone - its a bad investment.

Now, my Skyer spoiler - which was installed at the same time as the caps - looks great, just like the day I put it on. And ironically, probably have many many hours of sun since I leave my garage open and the ass end of the car catches the sunset daily. Kudos to Skyer.

So.... to conclude. Put me down on the list Jordan. I will replace my current caps with Skyer caps once they are made
Was your clear good from the beginning or did it break down over time? I just got the Tekarbon's about 3 months ago and mine seemed great. I actually had the bases carbon fibered as well to match the covers. I am going to ceramic coat the car so hopefully it protects oxidation. In any case, I've re cleared carbon fiber overlay before and it simply conceals any blemishes.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 09:05 PM   #50
tecnicaeleven
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Cooper S / 07 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rueyme View Post
Was your clear good from the beginning or did it break down over time? I just got the Tekarbon's about 3 months ago and mine seemed great. I actually had the bases carbon fibered as well to match the covers. I am going to ceramic coat the car so hopefully it protects oxidation. In any case, I've re cleared carbon fiber overlay before and it simply conceals any blemishes.
It was ok, just looked poorly done. Orange peel, different thicknesses, etc. Mine have a clear bra on them as well as ceramic coating. Apparently did nothing. Its cracking and now flaking on the mirror lip.

You seem to like carbon fiber. I'd sign up for these. This might be a one-and-done type of offer if they get made
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 01:34 AM   #51
rueyme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: red z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnicaeleven View Post
It was ok, just looked poorly done. Orange peel, different thicknesses, etc. Mine have a clear bra on them as well as ceramic coating. Apparently did nothing. Its cracking and now flaking on the mirror lip.

You seem to like carbon fiber. I'd sign up for these. This might be a one-and-done type of offer if they get made
Its interesting your experience because mine seemed to be done more in line with common overlay services and doesn't seem poorly made at this stage. I don't also want to buy essentially the same thing again if I luckily can keep mine in like new condition for the next few years.

I'm only open to the traditional carbon fiber parts most track edition models from manufacturers would normally do like the wings, side skirts, diffusers, mirrors, roofs etc. Ala gt3rs but anything beyond that is overkill. Actually my setup is more or less inspired by another track car edition I own.

The next exterior mods I am doing is the liberty walk kit.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #52
cbecker33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rueyme View Post

The next exterior mods I am doing is the liberty walk kit.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:35 PM   #53
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

Anyone have some quality pics of titanium silver roadster with these on?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:58 AM   #54
c41250n
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

I’m interested, but any picture of the side mirror of how it’ll actually looks like?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:59 AM   #55
c41250n
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo075 View Post
great Idea... this is what i did on mine :

Two new covers

and after...