ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-25-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
Phyrexia
Resident Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 335i 8AT

FS: 3.64 differential $150 obo

Hi all,

I apologize if you guys and gals here on ZPost>California don't do for sale posts in your regional forum. That's almost all there is on E90Post>California. (Made me a little jealous to see all of the Meet'n'Greet threads here...but I digress...)

I bought a 3.64 diff out of an E85 2.5L Automatic car (part number 33107514198), on the mistaken hunch that it would fit my E90 rear subframe, but it doesn't. The frame is 1cm shorter and the forward mounting points are about 5cm closer together. Whoops.

I replaced the output shaft seals and lock ring. The rear cover was chipped during shipment but shouldn't pose any problems.

I can reinstall the rear cover with permatex optimum black or I can just bolt it together and let the buyer sort it out.
Attached Images