ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
wyshyvanuk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 MR

EML (only) Light

I've just replaced the original passenger side strut with a slightly used Bilstein B6. Installation went well, but for one breathtaking instant, the wheel speed sensor cable was put under some tension. Buttoned everything up, and took the car (2008 Z4M E85, 46K miles) for a quick spin and almost immediately had the EML light up and limp mode was initiated. Back to my garage, pulled the tire off, but didn't see any obvious damage or disconnected cables.

Pulled the following codes:
DMTL System Error 002A17
Accelerator Pedal Module 002D1B Accelerator Sensor Signal 1

The accelerator pedal was replaced about four months ago with the BMW Stainless Steel pedal (35000410099). Easy installation and no issues since. I still have the old pedal that was working fine when replaced.

I'd be replacing the accelerator pedal right now, but I'm not much of a believer in coincidences, and I saw a least one post that mentions that the EML light can be caused by a malfunctioning ABS Wheel Speed Sensor.

Any experience or insight with this issue? I can just jump in and replace the parts, but 'd rather save some time and money, if I can. Thanks for any help!!!

Last edited by wyshyvanuk; 10-25-2018 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Punctuation
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
wyshyvanuk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 MR

New accelerator pedal replaced with the old one. EML light promptly disappeared. I'll switch them out one more time to ensure that the new pedal is the cause, but I'm about ready to declare victory.
Appreciate 0