ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
winnipegz4m
New Member
15
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winnipeg, MB

iTrader: (0)

Looking for Z4MC Eibach Prokits (2095.140 )

Hey everyone - posting this on the off chance that anyone knows of supplier that actually has Z4MC prokits on the shelf ready to be shipped, as opposed to back ordered by several weeks - any one got a supplier they could point me to? I'm trying to get work completed on a certain schedule and am having trouble tracking down these springs...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #2
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Is this it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Hey everyone - posting this on the off chance that anyone knows of supplier that actually has Z4MC prokits on the shelf ready to be shipped, as opposed to back ordered by several weeks - any one got a supplier they could point me to? I'm trying to get work completed on a certain schedule and am having trouble tracking down these springs...
https://www.bavauto.com/bmw-performa...iABEgKb8fD_BwE
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Tire Rack may have the 2095.140 product....
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...7&autoModClar=
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
winnipegz4m
New Member
15
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winnipeg, MB

iTrader: (0)

Thank you racerbruce !
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

I have these....

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Thank you racerbruce !
As part of a suspension upgrade last yr....Bilstein shocks and these specific Eibach Pro-Kit springs....it's freaking awesome.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/BMW%20Z4M%20Red%20Roadster
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
kaybat
Second Lieutenant
kaybat's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
200
Posts

Drives: '06 Z4MR, '11 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ormond Beach,Fl

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'06 Z4M  [0.00]
2011 335i Coupe  [0.00]
bought mine from tire rack last year, but it took months
__________________
Ken SCCA/BMWCCA
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 04:44 AM   #7
winnipegz4m
New Member
15
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winnipeg, MB

iTrader: (0)

@racerbruce - similar setup on mine! Looking forward to experiencing it on the street. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm getting this Z4MC with the Bilstein / Prokit setup installed, and won't have the chance to compare it to stock (I'm buying a Z4MC from out of town, and its H&R rear springs were cracked).

@kaybat - I spoke to TR and got a similar kind of story.

The shop I'm working with found a supplier and I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have them in hand this week - I believe they're coming through http://northernperformance.ca/

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #8
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
@racerbruce - similar setup on mine! Looking forward to experiencing it on the street. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm getting this Z4MC with the Bilstein / Prokit setup installed, and won't have the chance to compare it to stock (I'm buying a Z4MC from out of town, and its H&R rear springs were cracked).

@kaybat - I spoke to TR and got a similar kind of story.

The shop I'm working with found a supplier and I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have them in hand this week - I believe they're coming through http://northernperformance.ca/

Cheers!
Congrats on the purchase! There is a frightful account posted some time ago about H&R failure.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #9
winnipegz4m
New Member
15
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winnipeg, MB

iTrader: (0)

Thanks racerbruce! Car goes into the shop Sept 24 for the new springs, new rotors all around, new fluids all around, and a few other odds and sods.

Interesting re: H&R failures - is this a common thing? I've asked the shop to hold onto the cracked springs so I can take some pictures and / or send the cracked springs back to H&R to feed into their QA processes. There's 50,000 KMs on this car, and the H&Rs can't have more than 20 - 30K on them - so crazy that they're destroyed already.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #10
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

H&R failures

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Thanks racerbruce! Car goes into the shop Sept 24 for the new springs, new rotors all around, new fluids all around, and a few other odds and sods.

Interesting re: H&R failures - is this a common thing? I've asked the shop to hold onto the cracked springs so I can take some pictures and / or send the cracked springs back to H&R to feed into their QA processes. There's 50,000 KMs on this car, and the H&Rs can't have more than 20 - 30K on them - so crazy that they're destroyed already.
Greetings winnipegz4m,
Suggest PM'ing yousefnjr as he may be able to update you as to his H&R failures; the pics of the failure aren't showing on his post from a few yrs ago.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #11
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Is it finished??

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Thanks racerbruce! Car goes into the shop Sept 24 for the new springs, new rotors all around, new fluids all around, and a few other odds and sods.

Interesting re: H&R failures - is this a common thing? I've asked the shop to hold onto the cracked springs so I can take some pictures and / or send the cracked springs back to H&R to feed into their QA processes. There's 50,000 KMs on this car, and the H&Rs can't have more than 20 - 30K on them - so crazy that they're destroyed already.
Greetings -
Did your upgrades get completed?? Pics??
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #12
winnipegz4m
New Member
15
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winnipeg, MB

iTrader: (0)

Hey! Yes! It was a race against the weather to get ahold of the Eibachs and get the work completed before the snow came in for good, but I made it. Drove from Sudbury to Winnipeg, with probably 6 of the 20 hour drive through blowing snow and rain. I was happy to be on Pilot Sport AS3+'s, which can handle wet and some amount of snow. Eibach's got done, as did rotors, crank seal, every belt, and every fluid. I'll post some pics tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #13
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Now that's a long drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Hey! Yes! It was a race against the weather to get ahold of the Eibachs and get the work completed before the snow came in for good, but I made it. Drove from Sudbury to Winnipeg, with probably 6 of the 20 hour drive through blowing snow and rain. I was happy to be on Pilot Sport AS3+'s, which can handle wet and some amount of snow. Eibach's got done, as did rotors, crank seal, every belt, and every fluid. I'll post some pics tomorrow!
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sudb...d49.895136!3e0

Just googled the drive....wowie! A very long drive in inclement weather. Your thought on the new suspension, lowered visual appearance and the effect on handling.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 10-16-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #14
winnipegz4m
New Member
15
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winnipeg, MB

iTrader: (0)

Hey racerbruce - sorry for the slow reply. I never had the opportunity to drive it on the H&Rs, or stock springs / dampers, so my thoughts are just on the Bilstein / Eibach setup.

Inclement weather was fine - I had Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s mounted before starting the drive, as I anticipated snow and freezing rain - and they were great. Car handled slush and snow without any issues - I never felt anything less than confident on the highway.

Suspension - is great, on good surfaces. I find sharp impacts - expansion joints / manhole covers / whatever bottom it out hard. I'm going to take a look at the dampers and bumpstops in the spring - I recall from my nissan days that Koni made some great progressive poly bumpstops that were basically required on any lowering... not sure what the story is in BMW land; my prior E46 was factory height.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:15 AM   #15
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
90
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Bumpstops

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Hey racerbruce - sorry for the slow reply. I never had the opportunity to drive it on the H&Rs, or stock springs / dampers, so my thoughts are just on the Bilstein / Eibach setup.

Inclement weather was fine - I had Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s mounted before starting the drive, as I anticipated snow and freezing rain - and they were great. Car handled slush and snow without any issues - I never felt anything less than confident on the highway.

Suspension - is great, on good surfaces. I find sharp impacts - expansion joints / manhole covers / whatever bottom it out hard. I'm going to take a look at the dampers and bumpstops in the spring - I recall from my nissan days that Koni made some great progressive poly bumpstops that were basically required on any lowering... not sure what the story is in BMW land; my prior E46 was factory height.
Keep us posted on the Koni product you referenced; I replaced the bumpstops w/BMW OEM; agreed - some Seattle area streets rock my beloved Red Roadster with the Bilstein shocks and Eibach Pro-Kit springs
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST