ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
dptmachine
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Motion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M3 Coupe

Flossman Wide-Body show car repurposed

Recent dyno pull; 345 RWHP
-288/280
-Bimmerworld CSL Box
-Epic Motorsports headers and custom exhaust
-underdrive pulleys
-tune with Epic

2007 BMW Z4 M3 Coupe Wide Body; midlife crisis car
Appreciate 4
Rekla105.00
Vanne1593.00
wdb4673.00
      04-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

AWESOME!

Can't wait to see you out at a track in the PNW.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
couchflyer
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M Roadster; X4 M40i

Garage List
Very cool!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 11:30 PM   #4
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Gary, thats great mate. 345 are good numbers, and the progress is coming along great man. I can't wait to read up on all you've done so far to get where your at right now. Have you driven it yet? how its it handling?

Again man, awesome progress. Keep the updates coming..
probably about time you start a build thread to keep everything centralised with what you've done to the car. wink wink
      04-25-2020, 08:14 AM   #5
JimBob0047
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR

Love the sound! Details on the custom exhaust please?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
dptmachine
United_States
Rep

Vanne,

Following your example, I will develop this thread as the platform for this particular build so that it does not get spread-out across this forum.

The car will come into my possession next week. I will start photos, video, and run down on this build. I look forward to learning from all members and maybe pass on a few things myself.

Until later,

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Motion

Last edited by dptmachine; 04-25-2020 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 2
longress104.50
Vanne1593.00
      04-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #7
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dptmachine View Post
Recent dyno pull; 345 RWHP
-288/280
-Bimmerworld CSL Box
-Epic Motorsports headers and custom exhaust
-underdrive pulleys
-tune with Epic

Very nice numbers! Do you have the dyno graph? I wanna see the torque curve since those Epic headers are supposed to produce really nice torque numbers! Unfortunately the headers are currently on back order so i am going to have to wait a while to get a set.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 08:24 PM   #8
dptmachine
United_States
Rep

I am picking up the car this Friday. I will pick up dyno results and post. i will make an effort to start a gallery here on this thread for show and tell, advice, and general participation on this forum. I have been an out side observer for too long. All comments are welcome.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 06:56 AM   #9
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am picking up the car this Friday. I will pick up dyno results and post. i will make an effort to start a gallery here on this thread for show and tell, advice, and general participation on this forum. I have been an out side observer for too long. All comments are welcome.
Cant wait! I followed this show car for years and wondered where it ended up. Glad it went to a good home and is going to get used properly.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #10
dptmachine
United_States
Rep

Dynojet Results

I picked up the car up and trailered it home. It drive quite nice with current set-up on the street. Tracking of the rear-end requires mindful driving. "Holy-crap" the steering input and responsiveness into 4000 rpm was surprising thru 5th gear. I am going to have to be careful. The tire are ancient. The shop may set me up with some race wheel/tire set up for test-tune at ORP (oregon raceway park). I will post more later; quite busy lately. I need to spring for some Skyer engine bay pieces, but just drop serious coin with AR motorsports.
1) 250 miles on motor
2) 288/280 Schrick cams
3) Epic Motorsports headers and custom exhaust; more details to come
4) Epic tune with Randy; multiple pulls and fine tuning with Randy from Epic
5) Underdrive pulleys
6) Bimmerworld CSL Box
Stock trans, mounts, drive line, rearend. Next year to see additional upgrades.

*Someone PM to coach me thru pic size to fit in screen w/o scroll; sorry, noob.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
eggman51198.50
Vanne1593.00
      05-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #11
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

Wow! Looks like this car ended up in the RIGHT hands! Thanks for posting on this Zpost-community!
      05-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

SO awesome and greetings from the Seattle area!

F360C said they've followed the car for years....what is the history of the car??

Tell us about the strut bar - that is a thing of beauty.
      05-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #13
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I picked up the car up and trailered it home. It drive quite nice with current set-up on the street. Tracking of the rear-end requires mindful driving. "Holy-crap" the steering input and responsiveness into 4000 rpm was surprising thru 5th gear. I am going to have to be careful. The tire are ancient. The shop may set me up with some race wheel/tire set up for test-tune at ORP (oregon raceway park). I will post more later; quite busy lately. I need to spring for some Skyer engine bay pieces, but just drop serious coin with AR motorsports.
1) 250 miles on motor
2) 288/280 Schrick cams
3) Epic Motorsports headers and custom exhaust; more details to come
4) Epic tune with Randy; multiple pulls and fine tuning with Randy from Epic
5) Underdrive pulleys
6) Bimmerworld CSL Box
Stock trans, mounts, drive line, rearend. Next year to see additional upgrades.

*Someone PM to coach me thru pic size to fit in screen w/o scroll; sorry, noob.
That dyno graph is awesome... the torque curve is solid. And at 16% drivetrain loss that is close to 300lbs! Cant wait to get a set of these headers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
SO awesome and greetings from the Seattle area!

F360C said they've followed the car for years....what is the history of the car??

Tell us about the strut bar - that is a thing of beauty.
This show car was around when i first got my Z4 M coupe in 2006. The first time i saw it must have been some where around 2006-2008 as a Bridgestone show car for the then new RE01R tire

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:31 PM   #14
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
That dyno graph is awesome... the torque curve is solid. And at 16% drivetrain loss that is close to 300lbs! Cant wait to get a set of these headers!

This show car was around when i first got my Z4 M coupe in 2006. The first time i saw it must have been some where around 2006-2008 as a Bridgestone show car for the then new RE01R tire
Wowie!
What event were you at when you saw it....car show? track event? This car has history - this is awesome.
      05-25-2020, 11:43 PM   #15
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

How is the car going? did you get the issues sorted? drooling for more updates
      05-26-2020, 12:14 AM   #16
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Yeh... would love to her if you got this beast out to a track day. I can't get across the border.... I've got a bunch of stuff sitting at AR Motorsports waiting to be installed. Hopefully June 21 opens things up and I can get the work done and get some track days in.
Appreciate 1
Vanne1593.00
      06-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #17
cbryant514
Rep
Drives: Various BMW's

What an amazing machine! Is the front STB a custom unit, or an aftermarket product I have not yet seen? Wow!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #18
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

I think another poster mentioned it, but I would love to know the history, backstory and how you acquired it.

I love those kinds of stories!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 09:21 AM   #19
dptmachine
United_States
Rep

My aquisition story

To start, when I turned 40, my wife bought me a 3 day driving package from Pacific Raceways (Kent WA) that I took my 2012 Cadillac CTS-V. After that experience I was hooked. The cadillac was fun to drive, but it was a challenge as a beginner. I was getting destroyed by these BMW's on the track. Albeit, I was green as grass. I couldn't justify beating up this family car, so I purchased a HPDE dedicated car. I started down the rabbit hole with a 2004 BMW M3 OG that went thru a 2 year transformation into a track car. That eventually led to Lucky Dog Racing Amateur series. Calamity struck, and the car was lost near the end of the first season. This car was fast and I really enjoyed the S54 capability.

After a couple months of mourning, I found a 2007 SCCA Z4 that caught my eye. It had 34K miles if I remember right, cage, and extra tires, bearings, etc. I made a play for the car, but alas the deal fell thru because no title could be sourced. It had been sold with the SCCA log book as record of ownership. I needed to produce a title for loan and interstate transfer.

I actually joined the forum prior to owning a Z4 to learn more about the car. Later, I found www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com and started to look into other candidates. One day, this car came up with a heavy price tag of 65K if I remember correctly. I passed it over. The details seemed to be a little "sketchy" at first glance. 151 miles, promo car, someone else handling the transaction.

A couple months later, this car had no price listed. I decided to "bite". There was no contact info with exception to web link email. No response at my initial inquiries. I examined the ad and found the user name seemed to a business reference/logo. I investigated a bit and cross referenced the name and location of the car and found it was a company supplying race tires to a number of industries and teams. I called and made contact. They were handling the sale for Bridgestone/Firestone. The gentleman stated the car would need suspension work, as it was made to look good w/o driving considerations. Naturally, I am a bit skeptical, so I ask for the person in charge and was directed to Bridgestone.

I was routed to the marketing department and was put into contact with the Marketing director, (name escapes me). She verifies all details of the sale and states make us an offer and she would present it. The "moment of truth". Having checked into the cost of Flossman Panels, the wheels, KW V3 suspension, Momo seats, pedals, and everything I could see per photos, I was infatuated. Not to mention, the car had 151 miles!!!! Crazy. OK, hear it goes, I offered 30K less than the original price. A couple hours later and my offered was accepted. "Crap" I cant believe it, 35K for this car. "Crap" maybe I should have offered less. The marketing director explained that the car had "timed-out" and it was time to liquidate. If an actual individual owned this car and put there soul into it, the emotional attachment would have demanded more $.

Money changes hands (wire transfer) and I begin to research this Canepa connection. https://canepa.com/. It was listed as the outfit that fitted all the panels an set it up for show to showcase Bridgestones “new” RE-11 tire. I called/emailed and no response. I found some internet references for the 2008 Barrett Jackson Auction as a display car along with a Toyota (cannot remember). Hot import nights web video with the center wheels in grey at the time.

Car arrives via enclosed transport and it is low, 3" off the ground. The KW's on it had different springs on it that were deformed, likely heated. So it got parked for a bit. I drove it to the DMV to get title and VIN inspection. Spooky ride with no spring suspension, even on the highway. Not recommended. I think I lost of tooth filling that day.

I sent the car off to AR Motorsports. Normally I like to do as much work as I can but I was already working on another M3 track car to replace my old one. I am done with mods this year. Next year will see new diff, bushings/mount thru-out, new shifter, new clutch, and track wheels/tires. Covid-19 interuted a few things.

A bit long winded, thanks for the interest. Happy Zedding
Appreciate 2
SLC80182.50
      06-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #20
dptmachine
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryant514 View Post
What an amazing machine! Is the front STB a custom unit, or an aftermarket product I have not yet seen? Wow!
I got this from a Forum member here, DKF. I bought a bunch of exhaust parts and this. It is a "proto-type or one-off". He might still have some blue prints? My be worth asking???
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #21
dptmachine
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To start, when I turned 40, my wife bought me a 3 day driving package from Pacific Raceways (Kent WA) that I took my 2012 Cadillac CTS-V. After that experience I was hooked. The cadillac was fun to drive, but it was a challenge as a beginner. I was getting destroyed by these BMW's on the track. Albeit, I was green as grass. I couldn't justify beating up this family car, so I purchased a HPDE dedicated car. I started down the rabbit hole with a 2004 BMW M3 OG that went thru a 2 year transformation into a track car. That eventually led to Lucky Dog Racing Amateur series. Calamity struck, and the car was lost near the end of the first season. This car was fast and I really enjoyed the S54 capability.

After a couple months of mourning, I found a 2007 SCCA Z4 that caught my eye. It had 34K miles if I remember right, cage, and extra tires, bearings, etc. I made a play for the car, but alas the deal fell thru because no title could be sourced. It had been sold with the SCCA log book as record of ownership. I needed to produce a title for loan and interstate transfer.

I actually joined the forum prior to owning a Z4 to learn more about the car. Later, I found www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com and started to look into other candidates. One day, this car came up with a heavy price tag of 65K if I remember correctly. I passed it over. The details seemed to be a little "sketchy" at first glance. 151 miles, promo car, someone else handling the transaction.

A couple months later, this car had no price listed. I decided to "bite". There was no contact info with exception to web link email. No response at my initial inquiries. I examined the ad and found the user name seemed to a business reference/logo. I investigated a bit and cross referenced the name and location of the car and found it was a company supplying race tires to a number of industries and teams. I called and made contact. They were handling the sale for Bridgestone/Firestone. The gentleman stated the car would need suspension work, as it was made to look good w/o driving considerations. Naturally, I am a bit skeptical, so I ask for the person in charge and was directed to Bridgestone.

I was routed to the marketing department and was put into contact with the Marketing director, (name escapes me). She verifies all details of the sale and states make us an offer and she would present it. The "moment of truth". Having checked into the cost of Flossman Panels, the wheels, KW V3 suspension, Momo seats, pedals, and everything I could see per photos, I was infatuated. Not to mention, the car had 151 miles!!!! Crazy. OK, hear it goes, I offered 30K less than the original price. A couple hours later and my offered was accepted. "Crap" I cant believe it, 35K for this car. "Crap" maybe I should have offered less. The marketing director explained that the car had "timed-out" and it was time to liquidate. If an actual individual owned this car and put there soul into it, the emotional attachment would have demanded more $.

Money changes hands (wire transfer) and I begin to research this Canepa connection. https://canepa.com/. It was listed as the outfit that fitted all the panels an set it up for show to showcase Bridgestones “new” RE-11 tire. I called/emailed and no response. I found some internet references for the 2008 Barrett Jackson Auction as a display car along with a Toyota (cannot remember). Hot import nights web video with the center wheels in grey at the time.

Car arrives via enclosed transport and it is low, 3" off the ground. The KW's on it had different springs on it that were deformed, likely heated. So it got parked for a bit. I drove it to the DMV to get title and VIN inspection. Spooky ride with no spring suspension, even on the highway. Not recommended. I think I lost of tooth filling that day.

I sent the car off to AR Motorsports. Normally I like to do as much work as I can but I was already working on another M3 track car to replace my old one. I am done with mods this year. Next year will see new diff, bushings/mount thru-out, new shifter, new clutch, and track wheels/tires. Covid-19 interuted a few things.

I forgot, AR Motorsports got a hold of Bruce Canepa and he remembered the car and pulled up his file and had the paint codes. The car had been completely repainted in Alpine White III with the red accents and black. He was happy the car was getting a "new" life. It has a "phony" air jack port in the back. All show, no go.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2020, 08:12 PM   #22
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Quote:

I forgot, AR Motorsports got a hold of Bruce Canepa and he remembered the car and pulled up his file and had the paint codes. The car had been completely repainted in Alpine White III with the red accents and black. He was happy the car was getting a "new" life. It has a "phony" air jack port in the back. All show, no go.
Love stories like these. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0