ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
BMW Assist question

Anyone know how this is linked to the stering wheel controls? I am looking to disable the steering wheel controls for the BMW assist.

I have installed a Parrot with the connects2 adapter, which works as it should except that the BMW assist is still active and "talks" over it.

So - before I installed anything - when I would hit the "speak" button on the wheel, I would either get a "you do not have an account" message or it would go straight to a busy signal.

Now with the kit installed, I hit the button and it fires my voice function on my BB as it should (like siri), but the BMW assist still dials and the busy signal still comes over the speakers and confuses my voice dial function.

I do not have the phone option (03/04 build), so disconnecting this will not hurt anything but the BWM assist. If I could just disconnect it from the steering wheel that would be great or if there is a fuse or something to kill it altogether, that would be fine as well if that is my only option.

Any info or links would be appreciated! All I could find were discussions on if it should be done or not - not how it was actually done.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
psygnosis
Major
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i Sport

BMW Assist is the way most Z4s have bluetooth, but I don't know if the 2004 Assist module includes it. Probably just go into the trunk and disconnect it.
      10-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I found the fuse and pulled it and that seemed to do the trick!
Appreciate 0