ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #23
Nate2046
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
A local guy from here(mo) that sold his Z4M had a Gruppe and a Rpi laying round. $800 for both. Works for me.

You lucky son of a bitch! I wish you hadn't posted that. That would be like me posting what I stole, I mean bought, my BBS for.

For that kind of deal, you owe the community some sound clips. I think GruppeM may be the next mod on my car.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #24
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2046 View Post

You lucky son of a bitch! I wish you hadn't posted that. That would be like me posting what I stole, I mean bought, my BBS for.

For that kind of deal, you owe the community some sound clips. I think GruppeM may be the next mod on my car.
Heres the real kicker. He only had the Gruppe on for 7 days before he sold the coupe and the RPI was new in the box. Oh, and he threw in a quart of TWS too. I'd tell you how much I paid for my used Eisenmann race cans too but that would take everyone over the edge. .

Hopefully have some sound/vid clips up sat night. The bad thing is my recording device is an iPhone 4. We will have to see the quality there.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings

Last edited by mousitch; 10-11-2010 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #25
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^mousitch, seems awfully like u're well and truly moving on (and quickly i might add) from ur sepang bronze roadster! u definitely snagged a great deal on the gruppe m and rpi scoop. please take some in-car sound clips!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #26
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Heres the real kicker. He only had the Gruppe on for 7 days before he sold the coupe and the RPI was new in the box. Oh, and he threw in a quart of TWS too. I'd tell you how much I paid for my used Eisenmann race cans too but that would take everyone over the edge. .

Hopefully have some sound/vid clips up sat night. The bad thing is my recording device is an iPhone 4. We will have to see the quality there.
*JEALOUS*

Btw... the Iphone4 takes GREAT 720p video. Lookin forward to them. Gratz on all the pieces.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #27
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
anyway, i've been meaning to ask this for sometime now - could the cai (gruppe m or afe) owners chime in on how much of an improvement in engine sound there is after installation please? range from 1 to 10, 1 being minimal improvement, 10 being outrageous + completely changes the aural feel of the car. responses are much appreciated!
I have the aFe, and the sound is intoxicating. Here is a recent vid. I used Zoom H2 recorder, which was attached to the dashboard. Both windows were down.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #28
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
careful, a loud exhaust might drown out most of the intake sounds
Quote:
Thought bout that. If that's the case I could always resell the race and get something quieter. We shall see.....It was too good a deal to pass up at the time.
I ran the gruppeM with my RPI exhaust and was able to here the gruppeM loud and clear. I think the eisemann race will compliment you intake nicely.
What a great price you got too.

Your M coupe looks awesome. The Space Grey with the dark wheels is

Loved your roadster, but your coupe is even better.

so much for keeping her stock
      10-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #29
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
I ran the gruppeM with my RPI exhaust and was able to here the gruppeM loud and clear. I think the eisemann race will compliment you intake nicely.
What a great price you got too.

Your M coupe looks awesome. The Space Grey with the dark wheels is

Loved your roadster, but your coupe is even better.

so much for keeping her stock

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, the mod bug is hard to get rid off. So H&R's springs? Looks pretty low cause of the black wheels but I could always drop her another inch or so. Im hesitant because when I dropped the vert my handling went to shit. And I thought I had a pretty good alignment too. Dont want to wear out the ps2's any faster than i need to.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 03:28 AM   #30
ZM4000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M

loving this thread guys.
I have difficult times believing RPI for the same reasons that were said above.
My main fear is that u feel power loss. I would love to find a good deal on the gruppe M... wonder if here in europe someone sells gruppe M intake would be much less expensive. I heard the AFE in person and was a nice sound but hope the gruppe M is a bit louder. the growl is fantastic with the roof down. and u get no drone from it wich is perfect.
i think i would let my RPIscoop on the car if i would have to install the GRUPPE M hope thats a good choice.
i want so bad to buy a GRUPPE M ((zm4000 control yourself))
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #31
crfine88
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, the mod bug is hard to get rid off. So H&R's springs? Looks pretty low cause of the black wheels but I could always drop her another inch or so. Im hesitant because when I dropped the vert my handling went to shit. And I thought I had a pretty good alignment too. Dont want to wear out the ps2's any faster than i need to.
With my coupe I found that the H&R springs marginally improved handling in the sense that the car sat flatter in the turns, was more responsive corner to corner and the nose did not rise as much under heavy accel. I believe member f360c spent a good deal of track time on HR springs so you might want to PM him for his input. The shorter springs will wear out your factory struts faster though. You may only get 30K out of them depending on how you drive. Shouldn't wear you tires as long as your camber angles are restored to stock when they do the alignment. The rear camber can be a little tricky for a shop that is not familiar with our cars.
      10-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #32
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
So an a neg -1.7 front camber is more than I need? This is what I had on my last set of springs. So your saying just put the alignment back into factory spec and I should be fine for tire wear but not necessarily handling right? I had F360's last set of springs and used his alignment specs. I belive they were more agressive than stock as I had to pull the pins to get it there.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #33
crfine88
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So an a neg -1.7 front camber is more than I need? This is what I had on my last set of springs. So your saying just put the alignment back into factory spec and I should be fine for tire wear but not necessarily handling right? I had F360's last set of springs and used his alignment specs. I belive they were more agressive than stock as I had to pull the pins to get it there.
Yes,
To promote the best tire wear, but not the best handling.

I am running -3.0 up front and it is great for aggressive driving, but not so great for tire wear under normal street driving.
      10-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #34
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

The GruppeM is worth it in every way. I made this video last winter - first attempt at video editing. This is the sound of the GruppeM with no other mods.

I now have a bunch more mods which have turned my car from being awesome to absolutely perfect. They're listed in my sig.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #35
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Btw... the Iphone4 takes GREAT 720p video. Lookin forward to them. Gratz on all the pieces.
^ yeah, works great.
I just have to figure out a way to mount it.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0