ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-18-2023, 01:23 AM   #1
g59tyler
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Z4 Roadster Hardtop Install (MISSING REAR LOCKS)

Wanted to make a short writeup on my hardtop install, nothing too special however I did have to make my own brackets to hold the rear of the hardtop down. When I bought the hardtop the seller decided to throw away the old rear locks due to them being bent..

Turns out the locks are near impossible to find and I had already ordered the "prep kit" for the hardtop so decided to get crafty until I magically find the rear locks for it in stock somewhere..
Rear lock part numbers are : "54 21 7 076 357" and "54 21 7 076 358"

For an actual writeup regarding hardtop install see these links:
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466272
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthr...hlight=hardtop

Heres some pics, it has held up to some pretty aggressive mountain and backroad driving, I don't doubt it's on there however I don't necessarily have a way to cut on the rear defrost...
All I used was home depot hardware, and put a bolt, washer through the prep kit back out to a washer and nut, then it extends long enough to grab a little bracket made sandwiched in the hardtops hardware, which has a nut ontop to hold it all down. I have not tested to see wether the soft top will come back up yet - I will shortly and update this, the idea was to remove the hardtop and let the super long bolt drop as far down into the prep kits hole/post whilst the nut stays ontop to prevent it from falling all the way through..

Name:  IMG-5318.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  205.5 KB

Name:  IMG-5315.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  445.9 KB

Name:  IMG-5310.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  392.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 10:47 PM   #2
g59tyler