ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-02-2019, 10:15 PM   #1
doyle4281
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe Black/Black 41,211 miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hello everyone, its regrettably that time to let my car go. Its been a pleasure to own, the reactions to it never get old, and even after all these years I still admire it. We all know the value on these cars continue to hold very well, and have risen in the past couple years, especially the lower mile cars. The details about the car are below, however the car has been posted on autotrader.com and cars.com. I'm unsure of the rules of posting links to other classified listing websites, however, it wont be hard to find in a search. Please contact me if you have any questions. I am open to reasonable offers. Please message me, and we will exchange contact information. Take care

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
Mileage: 41,211
Color: Black/Black
Title: Clean/No lien
No accident history

The car is a 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe, exterior color is Black Sapphire Metallic, interior is Black nappa, interior trim is brushed aluminium, and from what I understand has the "premium package". This configuration I believe is 1 of 126. It has factory navigation, heated seats, multi disc, and all the features youd expect to find in a BMW, power windows, power seats, cruise control, esc. I am the third owner of the vehicle, purchased with 38,000 in 2013 from the service manager at a BMW dealership. In my 6 years of ownership, I have put approximately 3000 miles on it, currently being 41,211 miles. The car has been garage kept, never seen precipitation of any kind, and was taken off the road, and put on the battery tender every November.

The service history is attached below, however the previous owner, being the service manager at BMW, did have maintenance done "off the record". The valve adjustment/check being one of them. Recent service in the past few months include front rotors, front brake pads, brake fluid flush, rebuilt ABS/DSC module, oil change, and new AGM battery last year. All parts are OEM BMW, including the fluid, and the ABS/DSC module was rebuilt by ModuleMasters.

The car is all original aside from the BBS Motorsport wheels, and the Supersprint mufflers. The factory Z4 leaves a bit to desired in both the exhaust note and wheel department, and both aftermarket items are of very high quality. The mufflers provide no performance enhancement, and of modest appearance and sound.

The condition of the car is as close to excellent as a street car should be. The paint have never had anything more coarse than a microfiber towel on it, and has never seen a car wash. Always detailed, virtually swirl free, which is amazing for a 12 year old black car. I still have not found a ding on the car, again pretty odd for a 12 year old vehicle. The interior is also in great condition, very little wear on the seats, virtually no bolster wear, no stains, never smoked in, no beverage residues, not even sure if it has a cup holder to be honest. The engine bay is immaculate, literally looks new, and its never been detailed. Factory fit BMW car cover is included.

Honestly, I did not get proper use out of this car, it was babied, a weekend cruiser on nice days, but I still enjoyed owning it. Its truly a unique vehicle in form and driving experience. Its very visceral, and gives you a lot of feedback, unlike modern cars. Some may say, its the last of the true "M" cars. It has traditional power steering, so you can actually feel the road, and when you move the wheel, the car moves instantly. Shifting feels mechanical, not like a Logitech computer game. Your practically sitting on the rear axle, and you have miles of hood in front of you. Its a drivers car, and should be appreciated. I wish I had more time to enjoy it, but Im sure someone will make great use of it. Or, just cover it up in the garage, and let it increase in value.

Attached Images

Last edited by doyle4281; 09-06-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 10:24 PM   #2
doyle4281
Private
Rep

More information
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
doyle4281
Private
Rep

CARFAX attached below. Please message me for the service history .pdf, as it has a lot of names on it, and want to respect their privacy

And sorry about the massive pictures, maybe the forum administrators can correct that.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:28 PM   #4
SlikM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe

Nice example of a M and great wheel choice! Best of luck
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikM View Post
Nice example of a M and great wheel choice! Best of luck
Thank you, I appreciate that. It’s a subtle improvement, but certainly adds some aggression to the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #6
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Nice car, I'll give you your full $34.00 asking price right now! ;-)

Can you give us more details on the mods the car has? Those are not stock wheels; what size and brand are they? Those are not stock mufflers either. Does the car have any other modifications?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #7
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Nice car, I'll give you your full $34.00 asking price right now! ;-)

Can you give us more details on the mods the car has? Those are not stock wheels; what size and brand are they? Those are not stock mufflers either. Does the car have any other modifications?
No, aside from the wheels and the muffler, the car is stock.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #8
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

You've taken excellent care of her. Will make someone very happy.

Wheels look killer as well!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 06:29 AM   #9
Willy Sea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe S54, E36 M3 Evo,

Beautiful car ans wheels what BBS style and size are they?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #10
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Sea View Post
Beautiful car ans wheels what BBS style and size are they?
I can’t remember for sure what size they are exactly, however I can write down the tire sizes when I get home. If I recall, they were 18x10 rear and 18x8.5 front. Likely offsets are on the higher side. I’ll see if I can find any markings on the wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #11
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

And the mufflers?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #12
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
I see two other mods to the car that you may not be aware you have. 1) ZHP shift knob which is shorter than the stock knob - which was lighted and as far as I know there is not a lighted version of the ZHP knob. If I am wrong feel free to correct me. 2) the stubby antenna.

Do you have the stock wheels, mufflers, shift knob and antenna? Where are you located in NJ?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #13
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
And the mufflers?
The mufflers are indicated in the listing above as Supersprint
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:19 AM   #14
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155MPH View Post
I see two other mods to the car that you may not be aware you have. 1) ZHP shift knob which is shorter than the stock knob - which was lighted and as far as I know there is not a lighted version of the ZHP knob. If I am wrong feel free to correct me. 2) the stubby antenna.

Do you have the stock wheels, mufflers, shift knob and antenna? Where are you located in NJ?
Yes, the shifter is the ZHP illuminated shifter, which is a nice feature. The antenna I was unaware was stubby. I didn’t include them in the listing, as they seemed insignificant, but thanks for pointing them out
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #15
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:

I do not have the stock weeks and mufflers. I tried to sell years ago, but no one was interested, so I gave them away.

I am located in Somerset. 08873
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #16
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle4281 View Post
I do not have the stock weeks and mufflers. I tried to sell years ago, but no one was interested, so I gave them away.

I am located in Somerset. 08873
It's a beautiful car. I really miss my 2006 Z4 M Roady. My heart says yes - my rational mind says WHOA.... LOL. I never wanted to track my M and as a result I found that most of its great performance never got utilized. There were a few rare times I felt it was safe to use the accelerator and see red line in more than two gears and I will remember them fondly. Current E89 let's me do that more often and without the fear of piling up points on my drivers record!
Good luck. Hopefully you find a great home for this.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #17
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's a beautiful car. I really miss my 2006 Z4 M Roady. My heart says yes - my rational mind says WHOA.... LOL. I never wanted to track my M and as a result I found that most of its great performance never got utilized. There were a few rare times I felt it was safe to use the accelerator and see red line in more than two gears and I will remember them fondly. Current E89 let's me do that more often and without the fear of piling up points on my drivers record!
Good luck. Hopefully you find a great home for this.
Appreciate that. I feel the same way, I just never made true use of this car. I’d like to see it go to someone who will have fun with it, as i should have. If not, I’ve already been offered quite a bit in trade in value from a dealer, and with the tax incentives, makes a lot of sense. However, I’m not quite ready for another car yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 09:49 PM   #18
too-many-cars
Rep
Drives: 98 E36 M3 Sedan

Interested. Will send a PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #19
too-many-cars
Rep
Drives: 98 E36 M3 Sedan

Free bump for a great car. Had the pleasure of test driving this Z4M the other night. The timing just isn't right for me but I wanted see one in person. First time in one and I loved it. The car is immaculate. Everything you touch and the way it drives, it all feels and looks like its brand new. Was glad to meet the owner, fellow car enthusiast, we spent a couple of hours just BSing about all of our currents projects, etc. GLWS!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:43 AM   #20
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by too-many-cars View Post
Free bump for a great car. Had the pleasure of test driving this Z4M the other night. The timing just isn't right for me but I wanted see one in person. First time in one and I loved it. The car is immaculate. Everything you touch and the way it drives, it all feels and looks like its brand new. Was glad to meet the owner, fellow car enthusiast, we spent a couple of hours just BSing about all of our currents projects, etc. GLWS!!!!
It was a pleasure meeting you the other day, and I appreciate the feedback. True enthusiast, you are.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #21
filtercoffee
I like Coffee & Z4s.
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
Nice, I have a similar one in NYC but it has a lot of mods and few cosmetic scratches. Great fun to drive - once you get out of the city. But I will probably sell it in a year or so and give in to the car-less lifestyle.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #22
doyle4281
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtercoffee View Post
Nice, I have a similar one in NYC but it has a lot of mods and few cosmetic scratches. Great fun to drive - once you get out of the city. But I will probably sell it in a year or so and give in to the car-less lifestyle.
Yeah, a Z4 must be a pain in NYC. I couldnt bring this black car near there, id feel like a meteor shower of door dings was aimed right at it.
Appreciate 0