ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #23
Willy Sea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe S54, E36 M3 Evo,

Name:  27460067_1993609334294174_5958717136466082203_n.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  90.3 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbecker33 View Post
I see that you looked at quite a few of the same mods that I am now considering. What did you end up doing?
Well, not the aeroskirts (yet) So we carbon fibered the dash, centre console and door handles, and have a Skyer rear spoiler somewhere en route. Looking at the OEM style rear diffuser panel now, quite like the way this eliminates the "droopy skirt" will probably do something with this when the Skyer spoiler arrives, and I've had a look at that.
There are a couple of roadsters for sale here in NZ with the aeroskirts fitted, and in a roundabout way we may buy one strip them out, take a mold off, refit and resell, or fit to our coupe (swap) or in reality probably the most cost efficent is invest in a pair from the ebay seller. Too many options perhaps.
It seems irrespective of supplier OE or repro there is work in fitting priming preparing and painting these items to our cars. Its not quite so much plug and play as fitting spoilers etc.
Its a work in progress with the cosmetics. And now the car drives really well and steers beautifully after a set of FCAB's fitted.
Pic attached of the rear c/f diffuser, not our coupe. Plenty more pix on the Z4 forum (UK)

Last edited by Willy Sea; 10-30-2019 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 08:59 PM   #24
cbecker33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Sea View Post
Attachment 2170177

...So we carbon fibered the dash, centre console and door handles...
Any pics? I'm considering matte carbon fiber for mine, though I have some carbon leather in the pipeline.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:50 PM   #25
Willy Sea
Private First Class
Rep

Attachment 2170252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbecker33 View Post
Any pics? I'm considering matte carbon fiber for mine, though I have some carbon leather in the pipeline.
Yep here you go. Matt finish, carbon fibre from Bulgaria.He supplied all the bits including the door trims. We fitted here in Christchurch New Zealand. And it really makes the cockpit an even nicer place to be. And it appears solid and durable too.
Sorry those pix are pretty appalling but you get the idea.
It looks better in real life, and I've just fittted a new knob to the radio...........
Attached Images

Last edited by Willy Sea; 10-30-2019 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 01:08 AM   #26
SlikM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe

What would a set go for?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 12:26 AM   #27
Willy Sea
Private First Class
Rep

And today the Skyer spoiler.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Sea View Post
Attachment 2170177

Well, not the aeroskirts (yet) So we carbon fibered the dash, centre console and door handles, and have a Skyer rear spoiler somewhere en route. Looking at the OEM style rear diffuser panel now, quite like the way this eliminates the "droopy skirt" will probably do something with this when the Skyer spoiler arrives, and I've had a look at that.
There are a couple of roadsters for sale here in NZ with the aeroskirts fitted, and in a roundabout way we may buy one strip them out, take a mold off, refit and resell, or fit to our coupe (swap) or in reality probably the most cost efficent is invest in a pair from the ebay seller. Too many options perhaps.
It seems irrespective of supplier OE or repro there is work in fitting priming preparing and painting these items to our cars. Its not quite so much plug and play as fitting spoilers etc.
Its a work in progress with the cosmetics. And now the car drives really well and steers beautifully after a set of FCAB's fitted.
Pic attached of the rear c/f diffuser, not our coupe. Plenty more pix on the Z4 forum (UK)
Big shout out to the team at Skyer Motorsport, a box of undersated elegance arrived in Christchurch New Zealand and one hour later, simple as, fitted and photographed! Next is the rear diffuser along with yes aero skirts hold me back...........
Attached Images

Appreciate 0